5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The media embargo ends tomorrow! Share your review links here!

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm excited to read all of the new reviews that will be published online and on YouTube tomorrow! If you find a good one share the link here!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ram/1500/2019/2019-ram-1500-first-drive-truck-rides-like-car/

Everyone seems very pleased with the truck. And they hit the nail on the head with why the late availability. And how trucks no longer are just trucks and pepole are buying these high priced "posers", but that this one does work well and the purists can get the Tradesman and that it is still a very capable "truck" even more so than last years.

Good time to be a Ram fan...or become one!!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
@redriderbob killing it with posting the videos!
Yes, I need to switch to an unlimited data plan to keep up with all the info he shares. This truck really impresses me and makes my excitement for the 2500 even larger.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
the Rebel, the Rebel. Man I really would be buying one of these if the powerwagon wasn't available.

I can't wait to see this in person. I love that panaramic roof.

I liked the 4th Gen rebel, I love the 5th gen.

Man, now just to see a Tradesman Off Road doing a trail with the Rebel...sorry but I always like the cheaper option and don't need the tech or upscale features...but I feel that Rebel is all the great aspects of a Modern day Truck.

D

Deleted member103

I haven't viewed ALL the videos, but enough (maybe?) to determine that not all information is available !
My desire is to learn MORE about the mpg's, especially for the Pentastar V6 Std. w/eTorque is lacking !
I see under the 2018 fuel efficiency info., that at 305hp and 269 lb/ft torque - the mpg#'s : 17 / 25 are equivalent to my '16 G.C.'s with same "parts" ! FCA indicates these #'s are for the 4X2 Mode, and my Big Horn build (apparently) comes with the "auto mode" ! Is it similar to the select terrain Auto in G.C.?? !?

Now I'm thinking (hoping) that the "New" #'s (4X2 mode) will be higher with the Standard eTorque on the V6 as well as other improvements / ~225 lbs. lighter, aerodynamics etc. ! They've been touting a 10% improvement - could we be looking at 18 / 26 ? I keep my G.C. in AUTO mode except a couple times this winter - snow mode - and as said before in town a bit disappointing (~ 16+) but Better on long hwy. trips (26+) ! THIS should prove interestingly Good ! Any thoughts ? ps; the eTorque knowledge on a
few videos - especially the FCA one I found very enlightening . Hope they don't have any 48 volt Battery Pack "Issues" / recall stuff !

Users who are viewing this thread