5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hemi is back!?!

Now the big question. If true, which vehicles are going to get it?

No, this guy is wrong. Just making a mountain out of a Mohole in what likely is a 6.4L clearance situation. They are only extendig the 6.4L V8s in the Wrangler for 1 more year. That engine hasn't actually been removed yet as it's still an option in the HD trucks.

This isn't Stellantis rethinking V8s, they would need a clean sheet design for that to happen, not extending the production of my low production model.

Last edited:
No, this guy is wrong. Just making a mountain out of a Mohole is what likely is a 6.4L clearance situation. They are only extendig the 6.4L V8s in the Wrangler for 1 more year. That engine hasn't actually been removed yet as it's still an option in the HD trucks.

This isn't Stellantis rethinking V8s, they would need a clean sheet design for that to happen, not extending the production of my low production model.
Maybe, but I hope your wrong. This is exactly why I bought my '22. I wanted a Hemi to get past all this BS. Time will tell and Stellantis is one big dumpster fire across all their Mopar brands. Between no sales and major quality issues it doesn't look good. I love our new '24 Jeep GC 4xe but I just want to see them make some smart moves. Seems like all the decisions they've made of late have been the wrong ones. They are European company that doesn't know or care about what the US consumer wants. Like TK said it's all about the money. What will bring the most in? The investors don't want to hear we're saving the planet (which they are not) but we're bankrupting the company and flushing your money down the toilet to do it.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I hope your wrong. This is exactly why I bought my '22. I wanted a Hemi to get past all this BS. Time will tell and Stellantis is one big dumpster fire across all their Mopar brands. Between no sales and major quality issues it doesn't look good. I love our new '24 Jeep GC 4xe but I just want to see them make some smart moves. Seems like all the decisions they've made of late have been the wrong ones. They are European company that doesn't know or care about what the US consumer wants. Like TK said it's all about the money. What will bring the most in? The investors don't want to hear we're saving the planet (which they are not) but we're bankrupting the company and flushing your money down the toilet to do it.

I wish it was true as well, but the old 5.7L and 6.4L are done, they aren't going to resurrect them. The only hope for V8s will be a clean sheet design that is emissions compliant, which can happen if Stellantis panics and realizes they made a mistake. But that could be years down the line.

You may need to look at Ford or GM for the truck you want in the future, the F150 will have the 5.0L at least until the current gen Mustang goes EV, and the next gen small-block Chevys are coming out in 2028, so a long life left there.

Didn't the last thread like this just get sent off into the sunset? (I e. Locked bc it contained a bunch of bs 😂???)

I am all for bringing back the v8 but the 5.7L is a really old engine. If v8s come back, come back as something more power and more efficient.

No, this guy is wrong. Just making a mountain out of a Mohole in what likely is a 6.4L clearance situation. They are only extendig the 6.4L V8s in the Wrangler for 1 more year. That engine hasn't actually been removed yet as it's still an option in the HD trucks.

Exactly. If this was even remotely true, we'd see them opening up more lines again at Saltillo where the engines are made. Right now they just have one line remaining for the HD trucks and the Wrangler for another year. Everything else got decomissioned and switched over to Hurricane production.

Fake news. Unless it’s something from Stellantis it’s all hearsay.

I suspect when sales severely crash after customers jumping ship due to no Hemi they’ll release another V8 option. Problem is by the time that happens the damage will be done. All we can hope is some top secret motor is already in development.

Dut, ta ,due, dut, ta due

The banshee was shelved just as the electric and hurricane news came out.

Dut, ta, due

About the same thing when news leaked about the Demon!

And remember, every social media page had someone saying the ecoboost tows better and beats the Hemi at a street light.

Dut, ta due

Even with Stellantis at the helm, Ma Mopar is always cooking something.

Dut, ta due

They didn't get rid of the V8 because they wanted to, the EPA is making that decision a no brainer. So really don't think they're 'bringing it back'. I believe they're already paying fines because it is still being used this year. You can still get a V8 F150, but slim pickings. Not likely to find one at a dealer.

They didn't get rid of the V8 because they wanted to, the EPA is making that decision a no brainer. So really don't think they're 'bringing it back'. I believe they're already paying fines because it is still being used this year. You can still get a V8 F150, but slim pickings. Not likely to find one at a dealer.

Or GM, plenty of Silverados with V8s, their next-gen V8s come out in 2028 so a lot more to come.

The way Stellantis is going, Ram may not be around when I'm in the market for a new truck. I love my truck now and I'm holding on to it for as long as I can.

Or GM, plenty of Silverados with V8s, their next-gen V8s come out in 2028 so a lot more to come.

I bought mine 3 months ago and considered the Chevy. The current gen seems to have engine and trans issues, and didn't want to take a chance. So hopefully their next gen will not have as many issues. Could end up being the only option for a V8 in a half ton.

I bought mine 3 months ago and considered the Chevy. The current gen seems to have engine and trans issues, and didn't want to take a chance. So hopefully their next gen will not have as many issues. Could end up being the only option for a V8 in a half ton.

My wife had a 2019 Silverado 5.3L before, now a 2022 Chevy Tahoe 6.2L, been on the forums there for a while, no more issues that on RAMs or Fords from what I'm seeing.

The dropping of lifters was a specific batch of engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back