5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The dreaded leaking and cracked rear window frame

frisby5

Reaction score
If my rear window starts leaking, I'm not going to d!ck around with the dealer, just to have another defective rear window installed. I'll buy a solid rear window and have my local glass shop install it. $300-400 out of pocket and the problem is solved.
Solid rear window! If your keeping the truck get a solid rear window so you dont have to worry about it. Thats my truck at the dealer when i was buying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221024_203923_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20221024_203923_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 20

Shadowsnkx

Reaction score
After putting a bead of silicone on my rear window frame, I still had a slight leak. While working on my audio system I noticed the rear wall vents were filthy with dirt and had water spots. I popped it out and the dinky seal around the vent has been covered with silicone. After letting it dry for a few, I have been through several rainstorms but no more leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stony0604

Reaction score
100% agree that it's an outside party doing the glasswork. Part of it is I just don't want to lose. hahaha. I agree the $467 probably isn't worth the hassle but I'll see what the GM has to say.
Doesn't hurt to ask the GM. I just had to drop it off again yesterday, as the glass was on back order. One day in and out, but they didn't charge me a dime, and it too was subbed out to the glass company.

rkjunior

Reaction score
Update on my truck, which is a 2019 Rebel with 80K. FCA is covering all materials for the repair -- the back replacement window and the RF hub. My servicing dealer won't give me a full credit on labor, which is normally around $800 -- they settled on $467. Apparently "it's a third party doing the glass replacement and we're losing money on it". My issue is FCA is acknowledging there is an issue enough to cover $2000+ in parts but yet not the labor? It seems like the service manager is doing everything they can so I'm attempting to contact the GM of the dealer as a next step.

Anyone ever successfully take them to small claims on something like this? I feel like with the support of the TSB, which doesn't specify why my truck is NOT covered - it could be a winnable judgement in my favor. It's only $467 but the principle behind it since no one can tell me why it's not covered even though it meets all the criteria.
Update: Got a call from the Ram Cares rep randomly today and long story short, she basically said she was fighting for my case behind the scenes and I now only have to pay for $100. Not sure where that number came from but I wasn't about to complain. Apparently the glass has come in- just pending a schedule from the installer at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread