5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the 2500 new packages are making me halt my 2018 deal, It is such a beauty!

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope this isn't turning into a price justification thread. Ram is a compelling truck no matter the cost (almost).

GM... too cheapish. Even Denali and High Country exudes the stench of cost-cutting.

Ford... too utilitarian and nanny-state. No rear-view camera while in motion? Really? Etc.

On the other hand, when Ram said they listened and re-designed these trucks based on what we wanted, I believe that... not because I hear it but because I see it.

lucky 13

Reaction score
a dealer I was looking at a an 18 Laramie at locally said they can build them now 10,000 more for the max loaded dually Canadian 113,000!!!

lucky 13

Reaction score
Think they goofed up on the 2500 upgrade. Was going to wait for one until I saw they did not put the new 1500 cab on the 2500. Looks like they were desperate for a change. Old cab with new dash, grill and 8 speed in the gasser.
It might have to do with the move of the current 2018 factory state side in 2020

Adrianp89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Funny how people are arguing about price increase - but the 1500 barley even changed in price. Top-end pricing was only a few 1,000 more. Compare 19 vs 20 HDs of similiar trim and options, I would bet it is within 2k, if not under.

JAGITA

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "19RamLimited, post: 89959, member: 781"] Les camions Hd ne sont pas toujours redessinés. Ford a gardé le SD le même pendant 30 ans. Parce Sarkari Result iTunes Notepad++ que la cabine extérieure est la même, cela vous empêche d'acheter? Quelle est la différence alors? Cela n’a aucun sens d’acheter un 18 parce que le 19 a un 18 mais tout ce qui exclut le taxi est neuf?

Je ne vois pas la logique. J'achèterais un 19 HD si j'en avais besoin d'un dans un battement de coeur. Ils ont apporté des améliorations à un camion déjà formidable. Vous obtenez tous les nouveaux intérieurs et technologies et vous bousculez dans Torque. [/ QUOTE]
Pas sûr que j'aime l'interface hotte - grill; on dirait que le capot n’est pas complètement fermé.

Last edited:

Adrianp89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Funny how people are arguing about price increase - but the 1500 barley even changed in price. Top-end pricing was only a few 1,000 more. Compare 19 vs 20 HDs of similiar trim and options, I would bet it is within 2k, if not under.

https://www.allpar.com/news/2019/02/2019-ram-heavy-duty-basic-pricing-announced-43853

Base level is only a $350 difference, Limited fully loaded is 2.5k difference.

You guys really need to calm down and stop thinking everything is sky rocketing in price.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So when the new prices come out I won't say I told you so, but you're more than welcome to say **** you were right.
Just using this quote to be sure to give you credit...I seen the 90 grand window sticker...at first was blown away...did some research...none of those prices listed make any sense...and 91695 over the current max of around 76000...I have to believe it is bogus.

But I will check back in one month...@19Ramlimited makes some good points...also...the bighorn/lonestar will have more standard than the 2018 model also...

Oh well, I remember the same talk about the 1500 last year...I dont know of anyone who payed anywhere near sticker.

https://www.hdrams.com/2019/02/19/ram-truck-announces-2019-ram-heavy-duty-pricing/

SupremeWill

Reaction score

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This new truck is so much more than fenders and dash...and dont think for a second there isn't more to come.

The frame is redesigned to handle the new capacity. The style is redesigned because of how many "paying" customers said they love this new 5th Gen style and the crosshair crowd is smaller than expected.
Sure, the 6.4l didnt get a power bump. but it sure did get some love with the new transmission.
The Powerwagon was given quite a bit of love...they improved it in many subtle ways.
The fact you can get options all the way down to the Tradesman...that is something plenty of Bighorn and tow mirror owners of the 1500, would love to have had.

They are listening to what customers want...specifically paying customers...not fans or history buffs.

I would already have already ordered one...if I wasn't convinced that, like 5th Gen 1500...there are still more good things to come, and I can't afford to get one now to want to get rid of it in 6 months.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
This new truck is so much more than fenders and dash...and dont think for a second there isn't more to come.

The frame is redesigned to handle the new capacity. The style is redesigned because of how many "paying" customers said they love this new 5th Gen style and the crosshair crowd is smaller than expected.
Sure, the 6.4l didnt get a power bump. but it sure did get some love with the new transmission.
The Powerwagon was given quite a bit of love...they improved it in many subtle ways.
The fact you can get options all the way down to the Tradesman...that is something plenty of Bighorn and tow mirror owners of the 1500, would love to have had.

They are listening to what customers want...specifically paying customers...not fans or history buffs.

I would already have already ordered one...if I wasn't convinced that, like 5th Gen 1500...there are still more good things to come, and I can't afford to get one now to want to get rid of it in 6 months.

AWE!....Your so dang cute! Let me get you a cheer leading outfit

Im not bashing the changes in any way. I have owned ALOT of Ram HDs and i would definetly consider myself a paying customer. Incase you didnt catch the signature I have had one 2500 with 160k miles, two 4500s with a combined 340k miles, and one 3500 with 145k miles. And i always request Ram 3500s as my work trucks for my drivers. So i think i hold a little ground in the conversation and definitely have some experiencing driving them.

They made great power upgrades and they were truly needed. I have had to delete and tune all my work trucks just to keep up with stock fords. I hate to say that but its true. I may push my trucks passed their factory recommended towing specs but any man that uses one for work and not just bragging rights or weekend warriors does the same.

They may have made enough changes in the power wagon to make you happy but myself and every other guy i have talked to in the hotshot industry that actually work these trucks and live in them were hoping for more.

Im deeply upset that they made such huge changes in the 1500 but not the HDs. If they would have i would be in line to buy one.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I remember when the new 2002 1500 body came out as "the Mayor of truckville" and "yeah, it's gotta hemi" advertising, the 2500 and 3500 continued as previous body. The "Heavy Duty" version with the new body, all new frame, 4 front hinging doors, quiet common rail injected high output 305/555 Cummins, and beefed up 48RE transmission came out late in 2003, and I bought a loaded 2004 in November 2003. About that time, the Cummins went from 305hp 555 ft lbs torque to the 2004.5 "600" with 325 hp 600 ft lbs of torque. Lots of transition to the heavy duty series. I am not sure if my facts are 100% accurate as that was many years ago. Not familiar if 2009 body style transitioned in a similar matter as I wasn't paying attention as I had my dream truck, that is until I got a 2019 loaded Rebel! :love:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
AWE!....Your so dang cute! Let me get you a cheer leading outfit
Thanks, I have never been called cute.

The post wasn't directed at you. It was information for all.

The only thing not changed is the skeleton of the cab and the cargo box.

If that ruffles your feathers enough to call me a cheerleader...guess we don't need to discuss the changes, you seem to be sure there is no improvements.

I am glad to hear you have experience with Ram, then you would know it isn't uncommon for them to leave a good thing alone and improve on it.

I dont own or use them for a business, so I have no experience there.

The price seems pretty fair to me.

And this agenda reminds me of the crosshair faithful, Ram hasn't looked back...they just keep selling them.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Thanks, I have never been called cute.

The post wasn't directed at you. It was information for all.

The only thing not changed is the skeleton of the cab and the cargo box.

If that ruffles your feathers enough to call me a cheerleader...guess we don't need to discuss the changes, you seem to be sure there is no improvements.

I am glad to hear you have experience with Ram, then you would know it isn't uncommon for them to leave a good thing alone and improve on it.

I dont own or use them for a business, so I have no experience there.

The price seems pretty fair to me.

And this agenda reminds me of the crosshair faithful, Ram hasn't looked back...they just keep selling them.

I was just really hoping it was going to be a major change like the 1500 or something even better....so i was a little heart broken when it didnt happen. And by major change i meant the looks, as a hot shot driver i love showing off my rig and taunting that i have the latest and greatest. Especially when you basically live in the truck.

I am impressed with the mechanical advances, kinda crazy the 6 speed is gone.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I understand. I guess I miss the hang up on the skeleton of the cab and bed.

I am truly interested in what they didnt deliver on. It basically looks like a 1500, a complete change from 2018, but they made it keep more of the big rig look. The chassis is new...just like the 1500. The interior is completely upgraded just like the 1500 with all the tech...and the tow mirrors have surround view heat and power.

The headlights and taillights...upgraded.

I am 100 percent convinced the reason the cab skeleton and bed are the same, is because the plant change isn't happening right now.

The HD already has 2 large cabs... they aren't going to do a quad cab and the new 4 inch bigger cab would fit awkwardly with the Mega Cab, and they are not making it bigger.

And you seem like a person who appreciates the Ram Brand, so by having the latest and greatest right now is a rough one..as Chevy and Ford both one upped each other, and I am completely sure Ram is about to do it to them again.

Good times to be a truck guy...lots of competition.

And, if Ram/insiders hadn't said the cab skeleton is the same, would we have known...

Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread