5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the 2500 new packages are making me halt my 2018 deal, It is such a beauty!

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If Ram would have just changed some creases (or just softened them) here and there to make the sides a little more similar to the styling of the 2019 1500 "new body" would have satisfied those that want a new design even though cab is carryover. They had to modify stampings for tail light and grill/headlight area so just a small change seems like it would have been inexpensive to give new buyers their "happy ending":giggle: yet allow carryover of cab structure....lol Heck, even soften creases and make panels like the 2002-2008 design and put on flares from factory. My 2004 Laramie 2500 with bushwhacker flares still looks good and its 15 years old. IMG_2877.JPG

Last edited:

JayMann

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are offering the bucket seats in the power wagon now?

clotagames

Reaction score
With the exception of the 4th Gen cab and cargo box...the whole truck has been redesigned.

As in another thread about cab size...Ram HD has two cabs(obviously a regular cab too) A crew and a mega. The new 1500 cab would fit awkwardly in between.

The 1500 has the quad and the Crew.

As all motor companies have to cater to a broad spectrum...I feel that as many people who want a quad cab HD there are that want a cab 4inches bigger.

Ram gives a Happy medium standard and offers a class exclusive Mega Cab.

I know, Ford has a bigger standard cab. Chevy still has suicide door quad cabs. I guess they can make sense of it.

Ram posted their take rates on engines,cabs, bed lengths...and being that they said they are pushing Mega Cabs...I think they made a good decision.

You also have to remember the plant shuffle got held up. So they didn't have the new home to work with, so they did what worked at the time.

The 2018 is a great deal, and a tried and true truck.

There is just too much new under the skin for me to pass up giving the 2019 a chance.

Especially for Gas HD. And for HD towing in general.

And with all things new tech costs more and that is a sound point of hesitance.

Will, be interesting to see how well, or slow they sell.

I hope they sell like hot cakes, and make the 2018s sitting on the lot come down even more.
Not a fan of Mega cab-11 inches longer in overall length vs. crew. 11 inch longer wheelbase. New 1500 crew with new cab is better compromise. 8" shoter wb tham Megacab 2500, 7 inches shorter length. They just plain blew it by not putting the new crew cab on the 2019 2500.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Not a fan of Mega cab-11 inches longer in overall length vs. crew. 11 inch longer wheelbase. New 1500 crew with new cab is better compromise. 8" shoter wb tham Megacab 2500, 7 inches shorter length. They just plain blew it by not putting the new crew cab on the 2019 2500.

Couldn't agree more with this brilliant gentleman.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you believe they should discontinue the Mega Cab?

2018 Ram 1500 has 2 Cabs...Quad and crew and 2 beds 5'7 6'4
2018 Ram HD has 2 cabs Crew and Mega Cab. And 2 beds 6'4 and 8'
(And both have regular cabs)

2019 1500 has quad and crew cab(4 inches bigger) same beds (no regular cab at this time)

2019 HD has crew and Mega Cab and same beds. (And a regular cab)

So were you hoping they would have just put the new cab in between and have 3(4) HD cabs.

Would giving the HD a 3rd bed making the Mega Cab wheelbase smaller be more appealing?
Or should they scrap the crew and Mega and go the same as the 1500.

I never once concerned myself with the size of the truck. Garage size doesn't matter, parking downtown doesnt affect me, etc. So this thought is new to me.

So what is it that they should have done?

Should they have just not updated it at all, cause I have also heard that if they didnt keep the one year separation it was going to be the end of the world for Ram faithful.

This is just not a route I took a thought process too and genuinely do not see the issue at this time in the transition...maybe when the 5th Gen HD debuts I will understand it more.

Please educate me on the reason this is a fail.

clotagames

Reaction score
Do you believe they should discontinue the Mega Cab?

2018 Ram 1500 has 2 Cabs...Quad and crew and 2 beds 5'7 6'4
2018 Ram HD has 2 cabs Crew and Mega Cab. And 2 beds 6'4 and 8'
(And both have regular cabs)

2019 1500 has quad and crew cab(4 inches bigger) same beds (no regular cab at this time)

2019 HD has crew and Mega Cab and same beds. (And a regular cab)

So were you hoping they would have just put the new cab in between and have 3(4) HD cabs.

Would giving the HD a 3rd bed making the Mega Cab wheelbase smaller be more appealing?
Or should they scrap the crew and Mega and go the same as the 1500.

I never once concerned myself with the size of the truck. Garage size doesn't matter, parking downtown doesnt affect me, etc. So this thought is new to me.

So what is it that they should have done?

Should they have just not updated it at all, cause I have also heard that if they didnt keep the one year separation it was going to be the end of the world for Ram faithful.

This is just not a route I took a thought process too and genuinely do not see the issue at this time in the transition...maybe when the 5th Gen HD debuts I will understand it more.

Please educate me on the reason this is a fail.
Let me make it simple for you. Did not want 4 cabs for new 2500HD. Just wanted regular cab, crew cab, and mega cab. Just wanted the new 1500 crew cab on the new 2019 2500. Would think engineering could have figured that out. I assume it is because still Mexican made? Does not matter-bought a new 1500 limited instead.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Let me make it simple for you. Did not want 4 cabs for new 2500HD. Just wanted regular cab, crew cab, and mega cab. Just wanted the new 1500 crew cab on the new 2019 2500. Would think engineering could have figured that out. I assume it is because still Mexican made? Does not matter-bought a new 1500 limited instead.

I second this. I want to see a truck that truly looks 100% different, if doing away with the mega cab was the breaking point then i would have been ok with all trucks just getting the new crew cab. Personally i think a new larger mega cab may have been too big.
I drive hot shot for a living. Most of the time you back into a job sight. You are usually always at the trailer or back end of your truck when people come out to greet you or load you. Hardly anyone sees the front end of the truck and from the back end it looks like the same truck old truck and every other 4yh gen out there. As a truck guy that spends alot of money on my trucks i enjoy showing off my new trucks and i would really enjoy getting to brag about having the "new" body style. But thats not an option with a 4th gen back end, i would have to point it out and ask people to look at the front end or the inside.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
. Hardly anyone sees the front end of the truck and from the back end it looks like the same truck old truck and every other 4yh gen out there.
I Do not want you to think I am being silly...just stating facts about the changes that did happen.

Your a truck guy, I am a truck guy. I can tell you almost to a T what year Dodge and Ram trucks are by the subtle changes year to year.

From the back of the truck...new taillights, new tailgate, new bumper.

Do everyday people really know the curve of a 4th Gen to the curve of a 5th Gen(1500). Doubtful...but possible.

When people say the new 1500 looks like Toyota, Chevy etc., but i can see the difference in mirrors, window frames, rear windows, etc.(not to mention RAM across the front)
Will they not notice the new taillights, tailgate and bumper...the biggest part of the rear. From the rear there is like 3 inches on each side that weren't touched.(well I guess, the overall taillight shape is different...but the lights are right from the 1500)

I understand about wanting something the factory didnt make...I want a 6 speed manual behind the 6.4l BGE...but they put an 8 speed auto behind it that is a thousand ways better.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
I Do not want you to think I am being silly...just stating facts about the changes that did happen.

Your a truck guy, I am a truck guy. I can tell you almost to a T what year Dodge and Ram trucks are by the subtle changes year to year.

From the back of the truck...new taillights, new tailgate, new bumper.

Do everyday people really know the curve of a 4th Gen to the curve of a 5th Gen(1500). Doubtful...but possible.

When people say the new 1500 looks like Toyota, Chevy etc., but i can see the difference in mirrors, window frames, rear windows, etc.(not to mention RAM across the front)
Will they not notice the new taillights, tailgate and bumper...the biggest part of the rear. From the rear there is like 3 inches on each side that weren't touched.(well I guess, the overall taillight shape is different...but the lights are right from the 1500)

I understand about wanting something the factory didnt make...I want a 6 speed manual behind the 6.4l BGE...but they put an 8 speed auto behind it that is a thousand ways better.

LOL!! I actually do think my new 1500 looks like a Toyota, never realized it till you pointed out...Thanks

When you have a 40' gooseneck trailer hooked up people do not see the "new" tailgate bumper or tail lights. These things are blocked by the gooseneck and front of the trailer. They only see the dually fenders and the cab. Further more when im standing next to my trailer looking back at my truck I would have enjoyed seeing a newer designed bed and cab instead of the one that has been around since 2010.... I can change my tail lights and bumper myself if i want those to look different.

But great job on hyping the changes and as a moderator and staff member i would hope you would have every little detail and change over the years memorized.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Devildodge were going to have to bury this and agree to disagree. But i give you props for being such a strong Ram advocate
I was just trying to understand your point of view and make sure you weren't looking at it at face value...you have a specific reason you feel that way and I agree with the way you see it.

Thanks for the conversation.

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
Just using this quote to be sure to give you credit...I seen the 90 grand window sticker...at first was blown away...did some research...none of those prices listed make any sense...and 91695 over the current max of around 76000...I have to believe it is bogus.

But I will check back in one month...@19Ramlimited makes some good points...also...the bighorn/lonestar will have more standard than the 2018 model also...

Oh well, I remember the same talk about the 1500 last year...I dont know of anyone who payed anywhere near sticker.
It makes no sense to debate what the price 'will be' on the new 2500/3500's. You can't buy one anyway, until they are available and priced. Just sit tight, and the price facts will be known soon enough.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It makes no sense to debate what the price 'will be' on the new 2500/3500's. You can't buy one anyway, until they are available and priced. Just sit tight, and the price facts will be known soon enough.
We resolved this...the prices are out. People have already ordered and got their prices.

Users who are viewing this thread