5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TFL Trucks - 2025 Ram 1500

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's a Rebel that looks like a TRX but has the Hurrican HO engine. It's likely the cheapest trim level you can get with the HO engine (if you don't add any options). Big whoop. I still wish I'd have bought a TRX when I had the chance LOL.

1714067080120.png

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's a Rebel that looks like a TRX but has the Hurrican HO engine. It's likely the cheapest trim level you can get with the HO engine (if you don't add any options). Big whoop. I still wish I'd have bought a TRX when I had the chance LOL.

View attachment 181906

Well, it's actually a TRX with a Hurricane engine, it's nothing like a Rebel, it has the same reinforced frame, wide body, suspension, all the big goodies that a T-Rex has other than the engine.

Hence a budget TRX.

dcchris311

Reaction score
I can't wait for my RHO, finally a good Raptor competitor without the need of the HellCat engine. I didn't want want the V8. It's more balanced now as well, they reduced the front weight by 180lbs, which is significant when jumping and running the trails.

silver billet

Reaction score
Well, it's actually a TRX with a Hurricane engine, it's nothing like a Rebel, it has the same reinforced frame, wide body, suspension, all the big goodies that a T-Rex has other than the engine.

Hence a budget TRX with its crown jewels removed.

FTFY. Ain't nothing about that truck is "budget".

(no trx's were harmed with the making of this post. Meaning of 'crown jewels' is an exercise left to the reader. This is a family friendly site.)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Hence a budget TRX.
True. But I couldn't get myself to say any form of "it's a TRX..." regardless of what follws that LOL.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
True. But I couldn't get myself to say any form of "it's a TRX..." regardless of what follws that LOL.
Depends on which thread you are on.
Other thread is held up on "Stellantis said it's not a TRX replacement!", despite it literally being a TRX replacement.

If I was in the market for a new truck, and I wanted a little engine, I would consider the RHO as a base model, but it's still 20k too much as a base model truck imo.

silver billet

Reaction score
Other thread is held up on "Stellantis said it's not a TRX replacement!", despite it literally being a TRX replacement.

If I was in the market for a new truck, and I wanted a little engine, I would consider the RHO as a base model, but it's still 20k too much as a base model truck imo.

It's NOT a trx replacement. NOT. Louder? NOT.

Its a new model slotting between the rebel and the upcoming trx which has not yet been released.

Just like the new warlock is NOT a replacement for the rebel. It's joins the offroad trim variants on the bottom end.

So the offroad scale goes:
warlock, rebel (x), rho, trx

Do you need a map or does it make sense now?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

I think the RHO came out 3 or 4 years too late. It should have been introduced as a TRX appearance package and offered with the 6.4 Hemi. I'd have been all over that. I mean, who doesn't want a Hellcat? But it makes zero sense to me to actually commute with one. I love how the TRX looks, and I think it needs a great sound to go along with those looks. I don't see the RHO sounding good unless they threw a lot of resources into exhaust note development. Nothing I've seen indicates that happened. Hope I'm wrong.

BowDown

Reaction score
201935_1

TRX, TRX, TRX

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I think the RHO came out 3 or 4 years too late. It should have been introduced as a TRX appearance package and offered with the 6.4 Hemi. I'd have been all over that. I mean, who doesn't want a Hellcat? But it makes zero sense to me to actually commute with one. I love how the TRX looks, and I think it needs a great sound to go along with those looks. I don't see the RHO sounding good unless they threw a lot of resources into exhaust note development. Nothing I've seen indicates that happened. Hope I'm wrong.

Maybe they will do what Ford does and pipe in fake sound in the cab. Then you will "think" it sounds good, while your friends point and laugh at you as you drive away. 😆

Dewey

Reaction score
From the RHO info page.....

"Capping off the RHO’s sport-tuned exhaust is a flow-actuated valve that opens at wide-open throttle to minimze restriction and maximize sound. Before you throw shade at the sound of a six-cylinder, this is no Pentastar V-6. A twin-turbo inline-six usually has a sound worth listening to, and it already sounds good in the other 1500 trucks."

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe they will do what Ford does and pipe in fake sound in the cab. Then you will "think" it sounds good, while your friends point and laugh at you as you drive away. 😆

Awww...my F150 didn't get that fake sound. :(

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

"Capping off the RHO’s sport-tuned exhaust is a flow-actuated valve that opens at wide-open throttle to minimze restriction and maximize sound. Before you throw shade at the sound of a six-cylinder, this is no Pentastar V-6. A twin-turbo inline-six usually has a sound worth listening to, and it already sounds good in the other 1500 trucks."
Sure, so if that's the case, for the 4% of the time I'm at WOT it'll sound good. :D

No shade thrown from me. Just personal preference. Good sounding V8 will always sound better to me than a good sounding inline 6, V6, inline 4, horizontally opposed 4, etc. It's what I was raised on. I've had good sounding WRX's, Audi's, and Honda's. But none of them pushes my buttons like a healthy V8.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The RHO is what the GT "package" should of been for Ram.

I don't know of any truck with a twin turbo 6 cylinder that sounds "good" What brand of trucks are you talking about???

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's NOT a trx replacement. NOT. Louder? NOT.

Its a new model slotting between the rebel and the upcoming trx which has not yet been released.

Just like the new warlock is NOT a replacement for the rebel. It's joins the offroad trim variants on the bottom end.

So the offroad scale goes:
warlock, rebel (x), rho, trx

Do you need a map or does it make sense now?
I don't need a map, but can you show me a picture of a 2025 TRX since it seems to exist in your world?
Also the warlock is not a new trim it's been out for years on 5th gens with a hemi.

Wait I found the picture.
1714077505694.png

Dewey

Reaction score
The RHO is what the GT "package" should of been for Ram.

I don't know of any truck with a twin turbo 6 cylinder that sounds "good" What brand of trucks are you talking about???
Re-read my post.

I’m not talking about any brand truck. I was just quoting what the article said thus the reason why I put the comment in quotes.

Users who are viewing this thread