5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TFL Trucks - 2025 Ram 1500

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. Been waiting for a nice walk through like this.

Overall it makes me appreciate my '22 non-etorque, but still a nice update. I like the new Rebel headlights and wheels, but not the grill.

Interesting that the larger screen doesn't seem to add more usable space, it just incorporates more buttons.

If I could afford a Tungsten, yes, I would.

I will have to look for the Ramcharger video. That still interests me, though I still think a diesel could have been a better choice. It would have to be loaded down with emissions though...😕

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the upgrades to the Rebel, even the grill I like better, but won't be in the market for awhile. The Tungsten is nice, but doubt I would ever drop the coin for it, but the motor would be nice.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I like the refresh and the engine options, the loss of the HEMI doesn't really bother me as much as the trim level options that im forced to buy in limited or tungsten.

There is literally nothing wrong with my current truck and nothing on the 25 that I want or don't have so I'll likely be hanging onto my current truck for a while.
Secondly , like @CHeYeNNe71 said, I don't want a $90k truck.
I wouldn't pay that for a TRX and I'm certainly not paying that for a Tungsten, these car payments are getting close to mortgage payments and that's ridiculous.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I prefer my mustache grille on my 2023 😂

I also prefer my N/A Hemi to a small displacement turbo.

The only truck I’d consider trading for would be the Ramcharger but even that’s a few years down the road for me. Not quite ready to go electric.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I also prefer my N/A Hemi to a small displacement turbo.

I as well. In addition, I've never known a first generation turbo-platform to not have issues. The Ford EcoBoosts, the GM 2.7L, etc.

Anyone buying the trucks with the new turbo motors is asking for a disaster, especially with Mopar discontinuing the lifetime warranty option. It just doesn't sit well with me.

My Rebel 5.7L ET has given me a couple issues but knock wood, nothing catastrophic. My hope is to keep it as a 3rd vehicle for the household until it literally dies. From there, whatever I get next will either be a diesel (yes I know these are turbo lol) or N/A gas motor. Even if I have to upgrade to a 2500, that is what I will do.

Nothing against Mopar here, either. Every single gas turbo motor I've owned had issues despite being maintained well.

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
My eyes are probably deceiving me, but while pretty, the front of the Tungsten looks like there’s not much ground clearance and it looks a bit vulnerable.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IMO Dodge/ RAM used to be the best bang for the buck because you could get the features you wanted without being forced into a more expensive model and they always had good incentives/ discounts which made them reasonably priced. That doesn’t appear to be the case anymore.

I usually buy a new truck every 2-3 years, but like others I guess I’ll be holding on to my current one for a while.

U

User_3336

IMO Dodge/ RAM they always had good incentives/ discounts which made them reasonably priced. That doesn’t appear to be the case anymore.

In the past two years, rebates and discounts have only negated the insane price increases!!!!

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I love the sleeker headlights, but since they didn't change any body work on the Rebel (or on any other models), it makes the lower plastic trim under the headlights ungainly large. Since the headlight got slimmer, they needed to make the body colored plastic trim larger to compensate for the space, and it looks weirdly too big to my eyes.

Though I may get used to, we can easily refresh the exterior of our trucks to the 2025 refresh with a pair of headlights, lower plastic trim, grill and bumpers while keeping our V8s. As for the interior, don't think it will be difficult to fit that larger screen. I am disappointed the passenger screen isn't visible from the driver side, though I get why.

I have to say, I'm very happy how mild this refresh is. Our trucks won't look old for another 3-5 years or so, whenever the decide to release the next gen.

Last edited:

Dewey

Reaction score
Love the new Rebel. Much improved front end. Also liking the new rims.

If only I could get it with a Hemi.😖

Last edited:

lancer-am

Reaction score
I was a bit disappointed in their RamCharger video. They don't actually show the interior of it. They say they will show the interior then switch back to very close shots of the regular 1500 Limited Tungsten. I realize that these will be extremely similar, but seemed a bit disingenuous.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I was a bit disappointed in their RamCharger video. They don't actually show the interior of it. They say they will show the interior then switch back to very close shots of the regular 1500 Limited Tungsten. I realize that these will be extremely similar, but seemed a bit disingenuous.
I thought the exact same thing. I looked up TFL EV just for that video and was underwhelmed.

Users who are viewing this thread