5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TFL Trucks - 2025 Ram 1500

raskyr1

Reaction score
I just picked up a left over, loaded '24 Laramie. Some of the updates for the 2025 were appealing to me but I just couldn't justify yet another massive price hike and didn't want to wait another year for some decent discounts and incentives.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just picked up a left over, loaded '24 Laramie. Some of the updates for the 2025 were appealing to me but I just couldn't justify yet another massive price hike and didn't want to wait another year for some decent discounts and incentives.
How much are they now?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Given the real infrequency of those issues, are they real systemic issues?
Cracked manifolds have been here since the 1st cast iron manifolds. I don't believe in the lifter myth.

I wouldn't want any issues myself but given the HEMIs "issues" and the lack of changes, I don't think the hurricane should be looked at any differently

The manifold is for sure systemic on the RAM and Hemi 5.7L in general, when there is a waiting list and tons of aftermarket parts and videos taking about and fixing it, tons for forum threads of people who have it, along with my own anecdotal experience with people I know who own Hemis, more than half of which had manifold or bolt replacements, I have to say it's not rare. But again, not a big deal, but something worth discussing in.

As for the lifter, it's not a myth, unless you don't believe the people who post here and again all the videos and article talking about it. Not saying it's widespread, but even 10% or less of the population out in the field is worth talking about.

That's my point as well, the Hurricane shouldn't be looked at any different, it probably will have similar issues over it's service life, hopefully a good engine.

Last edited:

BowDown

Reaction score
The manifold is for sure systemic on the RAM and Hemi 5.7L in general, when there is a waiting list and tons of aftermarket parts and videos taking about and fixing it, tons for forum threads of people who have it, along with my own anecdotal experience with people I know who own Hemis, more than half of which had manifold or bolt replacements, I have to say it's not rare. But again, not a big deal, but something worth discussing in.

As for the lifter, it's not a myth, unless you don't believe the people who post here and again all the videos and article talking about it. Not saying it's widespread, but even 10% or less of the population out in the field is worth talking about.

That's my point as well, the Hurricane shouldn't be looked at any different, it probably will have similar issues over it's service life, hopefully a good engine.

The manifold issue happened to me on the 20, the 03 never had an issue. I'm sure it looks like a bigger issue on forums because that's where people are going to go to complain while those not having an issue never speak.

The lifters, I call that a myth because it doesn't seem to be wide spread and its likely related to oil change intervals but there's really not enough information on the problem vehicles.

I agree, the hurricane shouldn't be viewed any differently, all things mechanical have the opportunity to fail.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll just put this here ... 2025 RamCharger

Nice looking trucks, they brag about the range of the Ramcharger being 690 miles that is when it’s fully charged and 28 gallons of gas, my 2020 Rebel Ecodiesel has a range of 683 highway miles on 26 gallons of diesel, looks like I’ll be keeping my truck for a long time.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
The manifold issue happened to me on the 20, the 03 never had an issue. I'm sure it looks like a bigger issue on forums because that's where people are going to go to complain while those not having an issue never speak.

The lifters, I call that a myth because it doesn't seem to be wide spread and its likely related to oil change intervals but there's really not enough information on the problem vehicles.

I agree, the hurricane shouldn't be viewed any differently, all things mechanical have the opportunity to fail.

Yup, makes sense to me.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From what I have read, the hillbilly looking Rambox is standard on the Tungsten and Limited...A total deal breaker for me...
Standard on the Tungsten, but I’m pretty sure it’s not on the Limited. The Limited will be available with the 6’4” bed which so far has not been available with Rambox on the 1500.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nice looking trucks, they brag about the range of the Ramcharger being 690 miles that is when it’s fully charged and 28 gallons of gas, my 2020 Rebel Ecodiesel has a range of 683 highway miles on 26 gallons of diesel, looks like I’ll be keeping my truck for a long time.
Yeah, but can you power your house with your Rebel? :ROFLMAO:

Ramcharger definitely isn't for everyone. The appeal for me is that I can commute all week on electric only, but still have the range I want for extended trips we sometimes take.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Ramcharger definitely isn't for everyone. The appeal for me is that I can commute all week on electric only, but still have the range I want for extended trips we sometimes take.
Same for me - our 2nd vehicle is a pacifica plug-in and we drive 70% of the time on elec for much less $$ than gas and crazy torque and regen braking. We also take long road trips and get 30+mpg in hybrid mode. The ramcharger will be awesome for me with 5 times the all elec range of the pacifica plus crazy HP and torque for fun and work or pulling the travel trailer on trips. The only concern is pricing - if they can keep a ramcharger in BH level 2 or Laramie lvl 1 under 70k before tax rebates it will be tempting for sure.

pensfan

Reaction score
Standard on the Tungsten, but I’m pretty sure it’s not on the Limited. The Limited will be available with the 6’4” bed which so far has not been available with Rambox on the 1500.
Forcing the Rambox on everyone who buys the Tungsten makes no sense. It cuts down the size of the bed and most of us have no use for something like Rambox.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Forcing the Rambox on everyone who buys the Tungsten makes no sense. It cuts down the size of the bed and most of us have no use for something like Rambox.
Spoken by another guy who has never owned a truck with ramboxes. That Tungsten will be so heavy you'd probably exceed payload if you and three friends take your clubs and hit the links. Unless you're hauling marshmallows you can't fill the bed anyway because of the payload hit. Who will buy a Tungsten and actually use it as a truck? Most buyers will be using it for what it is...a luxury vehicle. Obviously there will be people who will tow with it, but anyone not made of money who will use their truck as a truck will not be buying a Tungsten model. I've owned three trucks with the rambox option and have never not been able to haul what I need to because of it.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spoken by another guy who has never owned a truck with ramboxes. That Tungsten will be so heavy you'd probably exceed payload if you and three friends take your clubs and hit the links. Unless you're hauling marshmallows you can't fill the bed anyway because of the payload hit. Who will buy a Tungsten and actually use it as a truck? Most buyers will be using it for what it is...a luxury vehicle. Obviously there will be people who will tow with it, but anyone not made of money who will use their truck as a truck will not be buying a Tungsten model. I've owned three trucks with the rambox option and have never not been able to haul what I need to because of it.
I would not buy a tungsten for many reasons but in particular the payload issues you raise. That said I would also never buy a truck with ramboxes because I always have a topper on my truck and they don't work with the ramboxes. I also always buy the 6'4" bed and that can't be had with ramboxes or in a tungsten.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Ramcharger definitely isn't for everyone. The appeal for me is that I can commute all week on electric only, but still have the range I want for extended trips we sometimes I wou

The Ramcharger might be my next truck, if the price is reasonable, my wife and I are retired and we usually use her Jeep for in town driving, we mostly use the truck for traveling and we travel often, we also tow a small travel trailer across Canada or all the way to Florida. Hopefully the Ramcharger will be better for towing compared to the all electric, I like that we would not be stranded with a dead battery or looking for the next charging station. The gas onboard generator is a really good idea.

On the Ramcharger, does the gas engine run all the time or does it only start when the battery gets low?

pensfan

Reaction score
Glad the Ramboxes work for you.
My bed has been filled to capacity with boxes, bags, etc on many vacation trips. Also, there have been other times hauling various things where the full bed was needed. The Ramboxes would reduce what I can fit in the bed. They are of no use to me.
They should be a delete option on the Tungsten.
I have a similar dislike for the air suspension and the power side steps you are forced into on the Limited. I prefer fixed side steps for the simplicity and the protection from parking dings and road debris hitting the side of the truck. The air suspension is just a major repair waiting to happen once the warranty is gone.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad the Ramboxes work for you.
My bed has been filled to capacity with boxes, bags, etc on many vacation trips. Also, there have been other times hauling various things where the full bed was needed. The Ramboxes would reduce what I can fit in the bed. They are of no use to me.
I have a similar dislike for the air suspension and the power side steps you are forced into on the Limited. I prefer fixed side steps for the simplicity and the protection from parking dings and road debris hitting the side of the truck. The air suspension is just a major repair waiting to happen once the warranty is gone.
I'm with ya. I've had the side boxes. Every once in a while, they got used, but mostly gathered junk that was then forgotten and ate up bed space. Glad I don't have them. Wouldn't work with my tent anyway.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Ramboxes would reduce what I can fit in the bed. They are of no use to me.

But how else will Ram pump that MSRP up? Honestly, if you can afford a Tungsten, you'll likely trade the truck in shortly before or after the warranty is expired. Or get the Mopar Factory ESP out to 8yrs/125k miles, and don't worry about it.

My current truck is the first I've had with the power boards, and I've come to like them. But I'm sure you can remove them and put on fixed side steps (that was my original plan when I bought it, but I'm not driving it enough to do anything about it).

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Ramcharger might be my next truck, if the price is reasonable, my wife and I are retired and we usually use her Jeep for in town driving, we mostly use the truck for traveling and we travel often, we also tow a small travel trailer across Canada or all the way to Florida. Hopefully the Ramcharger will be better for towing compared to the all electric, I like that we would not be stranded with a dead battery or looking for the next charging station. The gas onboard generator is a really good idea.

On the Ramcharger, does the gas engine run all the time or does it only start when the battery gets low?
The engine only starts when the battery needs a charge or the motors need additional power like towing on steep grades as I understand it.

pensfan

Reaction score
But how else will Ram pump that MSRP up? Honestly, if you can afford a Tungsten, you'll likely trade the truck in shortly before or after the warranty is expired. Or get the Mopar Factory ESP out to 8yrs/125k miles, and don't worry about it.

My current truck is the first I've had with the power boards, and I've come to like them. But I'm sure you can remove them and put on fixed side steps (that was my original plan when I bought it, but I'm not driving it enough to do anything about it).
I've searched about removing them. Yes you can replace them, but apparently it starts throwing all kind of codes and error messages. One guy said it caused his air suspension to longer work.
My question has always been, what happens if you live in area where you get a lot of snow, like Buffalo. All that snow and ice buildup I'm sure does wonders for the motor life, if they even work at all under those conditions.

mplaramie

Reaction score
I've searched about removing them. Yes you can replace them, but apparently it starts throwing all kind of codes and error messages. One guy said it caused his air suspension to longer work.
My question has always been, what happens if you live in area where you get a lot of snow, like Buffalo. All that snow and ice buildup I'm sure does wonders for the motor life, if they even work at all under those conditions.
I live a little east of Buffalo and no issues with the power steps. To be fair, i had them for 1 year on my 23 and a couple months on the 24. However, I wouldn't trust air suspension in our climate.

Users who are viewing this thread