5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Test drove ED today. What to buy?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there an actual monitor in the Ram for this?
Not that displays. It’s a PID from the PCM that gives a hex value output and it can be converted by obd2 readers to display a human-readable value.

PoopsMcGee

Reaction score
Not that displays. It’s a PID from the PCM that gives a hex value output and it can be converted by obd2 readers to display a human-readable value.
Ah yes, I understood some of those words 😂

Wtray

Reaction score
Ah yes, I understood some of those words 😂
Agreed. Translation, the Banks I-Dash plugs into the OBD2 port and can read the DPF Soot Load percentage and even tell you when the truck is in REGEN. You have to have an OBD2 reader to see it.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. Translation, the Banks I-Dash plugs into the OBD2 port and can read the DPF Soot Load percentage and even tell you when the truck is in REGEN. You have to have an OBD2 reader to see it.
The idash can also read soot percentage (and a lot of other parameters) in real time, but so can a $20 obd2 reader if you created a custom PID with the proper formula to convert the raw value into a percentage. The below examples were created with mx+ in mind, but the PID number and equation stays the same for every reader.

Example of soot percentage:
PID: 018B
Long Name: DPF Capacity
Short Name: DPF %
Minimum value: 0
Maximum value: 100
Scale Factor: 1x
Unit Type: %
Equation: (C*100)/255

Example of boost:
PID: 0170
Long Name: Boost
Short Name: Boost
Maximum value: 25
Unit Type: kPa
Equation: ((B*256)+C)*0.03125-[33]

This thread has some detail on what I’m talking about - Ram pids in obd2 reader app

Wtray

Reaction score
The idash can also read soot percentage (and a lot of other parameters) in real time, but so can a $20 obd2 reader if you created a custom PID with the proper formula to convert the raw value into a percentage. The below examples were created with mx+ in mind, but the PID number and equation stays the same for every reader.

Example of soot percentage:
PID: 018B
Long Name: DPF Capacity
Short Name: DPF %
Maximum value: 100
Unit Type: %
Equation: (C*100)/255

Example of boost:
PID: 0170
Long Name: Boost
Short Name: Boost
Maximum value: 25
Unit Type: kPa
Equation: ((B*256)+C)*0.03125-[33]

This thread has some detail on what I’m talking about - Ram pids in obd2 reader app
Thanks, I learn something everytime I log into this forum. Currently I am loving my Derringer and pedal monster combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online