5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Technology group rear view mirror

Earlzie

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2021 ram 1500 limited with everything. The factory didn’t install the technology group, nor did they let the dealership or myself know they weren’t going to include it. Pretty upset after waiting 4 months for it. But I won’t get the same 0% interest rate and the discount I got at the time I ordered. So I’m stuck with it haha

My question is, does anyone know the make of that rear view mirror in the technology group? Or does anyone know where to get one that compares to it? Thanks

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. I assume they credited you for the cost, right? And did they skip the ENTIRE tech group (LED CHMSL, heads-up display, etc), or just the mirror?

Highertechnology

Reaction score
There’s a big thread here about the process of adding the mirror afterwards. You’re lucky in that it’s plug and play for 2021s if you purchase the mirror and the 3rd brake light with the camera and a cable to connect them. The unlucky part is it’s about $8-900 all in. And you still will not have HUD.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2021 ram 1500 limited with everything. The factory didn’t install the technology group, nor did they let the dealership or myself know they weren’t going to include it. Pretty upset after waiting 4 months for it. But I won’t get the same 0% interest rate and the discount I got at the time I ordered. So I’m stuck with it haha

My question is, does anyone know the make of that rear view mirror in the technology group? Or does anyone know where to get one that compares to it? Thanks
Is it listed on your build sheet or window sticker?

Earlzie

Reaction score
Is it listed on your build sheet or window sticker?
It was on my build list. But for some reason they didn’t add the technology group. They didn’t even tell the dealership. Just decided not to put it in.

Earlzie

Reaction score
Wow. I assume they credited you for the cost, right? And did they skip the ENTIRE tech group (LED CHMSL, heads-up display, etc), or just the mirror?
Yeah they credited the cost of the package. They skipped the entire tech group.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Now I’m getting worried that they’ll do that to my order as well. I guess there’s not much recourse - the dealer would probably be super-happy if you walked away from it, and he could sell a new truck above MSRP to someone else.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Now I’m getting worried that they’ll do that to my order as well. I guess there’s not much recourse - the dealer would probably be super-happy if you walked away from it, and he could sell a new truck above MSRP to someone else.
I'm worried as well, not sure if I'd take the truck at that point. Hopefully I don't have to make that decision

Earlzie

Reaction score
Yeah exactly… I have no pull or bargaining. I tried to get them to add something for all the hassle…. Long story short the original salesman didn’t add it and him and I kept arguing about it. He kept saying he did but he didn’t even verify the build with me. I had to keep demanding to see it. Wasn’t until I called the manager and complained. Then he immediately added it for me. It was before they even started building it. Maybe that’s why it wasn’t added. But either way they don’t care. I told them that’s not my truck, not the truck I ordered. If I were to order again I’d lose my 0% financing and the deal at the time. So I’m screwed and can’t win… hate dealerships so much

Earlzie

Reaction score
I'm worried as well, not sure if I'd take the truck at that point. Hopefully I don't have to make that decision
Yeah I wasn’t going to take it but again I’d lose my 0% financing and deal haha. I told them no at first then after a week thinking about it I decided to just take it. But haven’t signed anything yet. I go there on the 29th to get it.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So…are you saying that the dealer added the tech group after the order was placed in the system? And the factory never actually added it?
If that’s the case, then I’m not quite as concerned. Sounds like a dealer error rather than FCA just deleting packages from sold orders.
Either way it sucks for you. You think you could take the current truck, have them order a new one, and do a swap (including financing) when the other one comes in?

Earlzie

Reaction score
So…are you saying that the dealer added the tech group after the order was placed in the system? And the factory never actually added it?
If that’s the case, then I’m not quite as concerned. Sounds like a dealer error rather than FCA just deleting packages from sold orders.
Either way it sucks for you. You think you could take the current truck, have them order a new one, and do a swap (including financing) when the other one comes in?
I wish lol.. but yeah I’m pretty sure they just added it too late and are lying. The sales manager is the one I’m dealing with since they fired my salesman after I showed them our convos of him lying and getting upset haha

Earlzie

Reaction score
It’ll be ok if I find the exact rear view mirror. I saw a Gentex one on clutchfield…

not sure if it’s exactly the same but looks good

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’ll be ok if I find the exact rear view mirror. I saw a Gentex one on clutchfield…

not sure if it’s exactly the same but looks good
As long as you have the auto dimming mirror it's a plug and play with the OEM mirror and camera IIRC.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish lol.. but yeah I’m pretty sure they just added it too late and are lying. The sales manager is the one I’m dealing with since they fired my salesman after I showed them our convos of him lying and getting upset haha
We successfully added the tech group a week or two after our initial order was placed so I know it can be done. We got an updated "priced order confirmation" sheet to reflect the addition. Did the dealer give you an updated POC?

BNeal

Reaction score
I would reach out to @RamCares to find out what happened. They may be able to do something for you. I don't think I would take that truck if it were me. Even if they add all the other stuff, you still won't have the HUD. I'd be pretty pissed!

DomW

Reaction score
Due to chip shortages, it may have added an extra several weeks to your wait time. A few weeks back I looked for a home theatre unit and everything was out of stock.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Due to chip shortages, it may have added an extra several weeks to your wait time. A few weeks back I looked for a home theatre unit and everything was out of stock.
It's crazy, I was looking for a new receiver as well, and nothing in stock. Crazy times.

Users who are viewing this thread