5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Technology group rear view mirror

It's crazy, I was looking for a new receiver as well, and nothing in stock. Crazy times.
I read that the heavy Covid lock downs in Los Angeles ports that the container ships could not unload and just sat there because of no dock workers. Then that caused a shortage of shipping containers because they did not have enough time to load the few empty cargo containers back on the ships when they started to unload the ships again. I think California just locked back down again a week ago.

I read that the heavy Covid lock downs in Los Angeles ports that the container ships could not unload and just sat there because of no dock workers. Then that caused a shortage of shipping containers because they did not have enough time to load the few empty cargo containers back on the ships when they started to unload the ships again. I think California just locked back down again a week ago.
Yep, that's exactly what's going on. Some of the ships are sitting out there for 2 to 6 weeks before they get off loaded.

The part I'm confused about is this: The unexpected parts shortage (last week, 7/12-7/18) was blamed on weather. Here's an excerpt from the UAW 1700 announcement.

1626971673918.png

We successfully added the tech group a week or two after our initial order was placed so I know it can be done. We got an updated "priced order confirmation" sheet to reflect the addition. Did the dealer give you an updated POC?
Yeah they sent me an updated POC… I don’t know what happened. Frustrating

If I can buy the rearview mirror that comes with the technology package then I’ll be happy. I’ll get that camera connect that was mentioned earlier and I’ll be set

If I can buy the rearview mirror that comes with the technology package then I’ll be happy. I’ll get that camera connect that was mentioned earlier and I’ll be set
You can buy the OEM mirror and camera and it works just fine. There's a thread or two on here with some other guys doing it. Plug and play.

You can buy the OEM mirror and camera and it works just fine. There's a thread or two on here with some other guys doing it. Plug and play.
That’s awesome I’ll try to find it!

well… I thought that link was just for the light with the camera so I didn’t read it all… but it’s in there thanks! If anyone else is looking for the mirror and light the part numbers are:
Third brake light: 68444540AB
Digital mirror: 68448641AB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back