5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What this alphaodb seems difficult to get much info on it
There is an entire thread on here dedicated to it. All the info you could ever want as well as people who can help make changes with step by step instructions.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ Yup, 53 pages and I read evey post in a few days and bought the software (both versions), if you do it and have any questions, happy to help. Just a PM away.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
^^^ Yup, 53 pages and I read evey post in a few days and bought the software (both versions), if you do it and have any questions, happy to help. Just a PM away.
I have alfaOBD, connected it once just to make sure it would connect. Got it to configure my trailer brake controller I was going to install. Then found out the latest firmware for the TazerDT enabled all the trailer brake options. Updates the firmware on my old Tazer, one setting change and all the trailer brake stuff was working. With alfaOBD, it's multiple steps and searching through the menus to find the correct setting to change.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought it to turn my tailgate ajar on, but have used it to change my tire size for Odo. to read correct and tweak my lighting options, there is a lot there to digest, and can be a bit intimidating especially at first. Once you get it and play with it for a day or so, you will gain confidence in using it, and once you make a change and succeed it builds more confidence.

TSL

Reaction score
This is interesting - never heard of this thing till I saw some mention of the TazerDT on another thread on here somewhere, so had to google to see what it was, and landed up back on the forum on this thread ! That fact that it has an option to disable the fog light drop out makes it worth it to me for that alone. That always drove me nuts. I grew up in Europe ( Ireland) where fog lights stay on with the brights. They do really add value since they cast a low wide light. Could never understand why they drop out with the hi beams here in the US.
I don't even have a RAM truck yet, but have one on order, I think I might have to get this gadget !

Users who are viewing this thread