5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer/UC5 Settings

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed the Tazer on my GT a couple of days ago. I am glad to have some of the options back that I had when it was on my previous Ram - Remote Window Rolldown, Amber DRLs, On/Off Folding Mirrors, specifically. A couple of changes that I can't seem to get to stick have been turning the seat belt chime off, and having the Back-Up Cam stay on.

The back-up cam is the one change where I'm thinking I might be missing a step or something. My last Ram had the 8.4 display, and by double-tapping the mute button I could get the camera to stay on. I have the 12" screen now, and I'm wondering if there is a setting in the UC5 that I need to change to allow this to work. Anyone else have a similar experience?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t tried backup cam stays on, but I emailed zauto about the seat belt chime and they just responded saying it was experimental and might not work.

Unclepoot

Reaction score
The response I got almost a month ago about compatibility with UC5 on the 22’s:

currently we are asking customer to wait a month or two, while our engineers perfect the compatibility with the 2022 models and check back before purchasing.

Thanks,
Scott R.
Z Automotive Technologies

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Following this topic as I also am interested in buying a Tazer DT but read here and elsewhere it is not working well (yet) with the 2022 MY

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Following this topic as I also am interested in buying a Tazer DT but read here and elsewhere it is not working well (yet) with the 2022 MY
It works, just not well. Navigating the menu is an exercise in patience.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
then I will wait and keep following this and other topics until an update arrives and then I will buy it.
It is not in the correct topic, but is it the same issue with AlfaOBD and a 2022?

Pooltbl18

Reaction score
then I will wait and keep following this and other topics until an update arrives and then I will buy it.
It is not in the correct topic, but is it the same issue with AlfaOBD and a 2022?
A lot of the things with alfaobd work I was able to do some changes with no problems, the only thing that didn’t work, that I tried, was I couldn’t turn on 3 levels of heating on the steering wheel

HemiDude

Reaction score
LOL you aren't kidding! Sometimes it shows the whole setting name, and sometimes it mixes the name with the radio station info. Issues aside, I still think the Tazer does well for what it is, and I'm ok with waiting for them to work through the bugs for the UC5.... For now

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The response I got almost a month ago about compatibility with UC5 on the 22’s:

currently we are asking customer to wait a month or two, while our engineers perfect the compatibility with the 2022 models and check back before purchasing.

Thanks,
Scott R.
Z Automotive Technologies
Pretty much the same response I got before I returned the piece of junk
It doesn't work. Almost every live feature doesn't work such as nav in motion, camera in motion, etc and is confirmed by the manufacture.
If there is some magic going on your truck show us a picture or video going 10 mpg and bring up the keyboard to use the nav "in motion".

HemiDude

Reaction score
Pretty much the same response I got before I returned the piece of junk

It doesn't work. Almost every live feature doesn't work such as nav in motion, camera in motion, etc and is confirmed by the manufacture.
If there is some magic going on your truck show us a picture or video going 10 mpg and bring up the keyboard to use the nav "in motion".
It doesn't work. Almost every live feature doesn't work such as nav in motion, camera in motion, etc
Sucks that yours didn't deliver - Guess it depends on what you were looking for. Of the 10 or so functions I wanted to add, only 2 don't work, and I'm sure they'll be addressed in an upcoming update.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I shipped a used UC5 12” screen to z automotive two weeks ago that they bought from one of my listings. I’m guessing they’re using it to get tazer dialed in for the 2022’s.

Unclepoot

Reaction score
I shipped a used UC5 12” screen to z automotive two weeks ago that they bought from one of my listings. I’m guessing they’re using it to get tazer dialed in for the 2022’s.
That’s great news!

HemiDude

Reaction score
Here is what I received from Z this
morning:

problem is the Uconnect 5 system, and we are currently working on some compatibility issues should have this resolved in towards the end of August. The seat belt delete is experimental and may not work in all models. For the camera to stay on, check the button remap and button remap the backup camera should force it to stay on. But because it is Uconnect 5 may not, we are working on compatibility but give it a try

Unclepoot

Reaction score
Sucks that yours didn't deliver - Guess it depends on what you were looking for. Of the 10 or so functions I wanted to add, only 2 don't work, and I'm sure they'll be addressed in an upcoming update.
Which functions did you get to work?

HemiDude

Reaction score
Which functions did you get to work?
Turned off the setting that honks the horn when you get out of the running truck with the key in your pocket; Turned on the Autofold mirrors, the Amber DRLs, the Windows down with the fob; Changed the Splash Screen; Utilize the A/S/S Disable feature. I know there are some other things too but I can't remember at this moment

Unclepoot

Reaction score
Turned off the setting that honks the horn when you get out of the running truck with the key in your pocket; Turned on the Autofold mirrors, the Amber DRLs, the Windows down with the fob; Changed the Splash Screen; Utilize the A/S/S Disable feature. I know there are some other things too but I can't remember at this moment
Thank you. Glad you could at least get those to work! Killing honks and auto fold mirrors are 2 of the big ones for me.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
so after the summer chances are there that the Tazer DT works for the uconnect 5...ok reasonable, I can wait for that. I can even wait for making it my christmas present. For now I will push the mirror fold button manually and sigh:rolleyes::sneaky:🤯😤 each time when the "in motion" message appears.

HemiDude

Reaction score
so after the summer chances are there that the Tazer DT works for the uconnect 5...ok reasonable, I can wait for that. I can even wait for making it my christmas present. For now I will push the mirror fold button manually and sigh:rolleyes::sneaky:🤯😤 each time when the "in motion" message appears.
I'll be thinking about ya each time my mirrors close! 🍻

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here is what I received from Z this
morning:

problem is the Uconnect 5 system, and we are currently working on some compatibility issues should have this resolved in towards the end of August. The seat belt delete is experimental and may not work in all models. For the camera to stay on, check the button remap and button remap the backup camera should force it to stay on. But because it is Uconnect 5 may not, we are working on compatibility but give it a try
Seat belt delete can be done without a Tazer or programmer FYI

It's not possible for the button remap to work because there is no button for rear view camera on a UC5. On UC4 if you hit the back button twice I think it would toggle the camera on so the method they are using to trick the system doesn't even exist on UC5.

Amber DRL can just be done via ODB2 port, I think Splash screen also.

This is what I got a few months ago
On May 5, 2022 3:54 PM, Z Automotive Support <[email protected]> wrote:
"one of the main issues is the uconnect 5 system isn't fully compatible with the Tazer yet. We are working on making it fully compatible, but it is still a few months out and if you would prefer to return it, we can help you this or if are willing to wait let me know. I'll be glad to help either way."

They ended up refunding me what I paid minus 15 bucks for no reason (I guess I had to eat shipping both ways despite the product not working). Since there was no phone number I didn't waste my time trying to get the full refund like it should of been as when I ordered it was listed as working with the 22s (the page has since changed)

"I emailed you a prepaid USPS return label. Please return the Tazer DT unmarried or there is a 30% restocking fee. Sorry for the inconvenience and we will process the refund once we receive the Tazer DT."

HemiDude

Reaction score
Amber DRL can just be done via ODB2 port, I think Splash screen also.
How would these be accomplished?

I've see the seat belt chime hack for the driver's side. guess I wasn't aware that worked for passenger also.

Users who are viewing this thread