5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer/UC5 Settings

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
How would these be accomplished?

I've see the seat belt chime hack for the driver's side. guess I wasn't aware that worked for passenger also.
The seat belt chime is for any seats (you only do the "trick" in the driver seat)
My father doesn't like to put on his seat belt when i'm just taking him around the corner or whatever but the chime goes like every 15-30 seconds.

I can look it up but it involved putting the driver side seat belt in, putting the truck into run and unplugging and plugging it in 3 times then shutting the truck off (should honk)

for the DRL change, make this change via the ODB2 port using ALFAOBD
CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location - Turn Signal DRL

If you want the bottom lights (signature light) to stay off when the amber DRLs (up top) are on you make this change also
CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present - No

It's not possible to the bottom to be Amber as there are no Amber LEDs in the bottom, only on the top.

The 1 thing the Tazer can do differently is force your blinkers (amber DRL) to stay on when your headlights are on. That can't be done with the regular system as they are reserved for blinkers. when the full headlights are turned on (not to be confused with parking lights or DRL, those will stay Amber).

Hope this helps.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The seat belt chime is for any seats (you only do the "trick" in the driver seat)
My father doesn't like to put on his seat belt when i'm just taking him around the corner or whatever but the chime goes like every 15-30 seconds.

I can look it up but it involved putting the driver side seat belt in, putting the truck into run and unplugging and plugging it in 3 times then shutting the truck off (should honk)

for the DRL change, make this change via the ODB2 port using ALFAOBD
CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location - Turn Signal DRL

If you want the bottom lights (signature light) to stay off when the amber DRLs (up top) are on you make this change also
CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present - No

It's not possible to the bottom to be Amber as there are no Amber LEDs in the bottom, only on the top.

The 1 thing the Tazer can do differently is force your blinkers (amber DRL) to stay on when your headlights are on. That can't be done with the regular system as they are reserved for blinkers. when the full headlights are turned on (not to be confused with parking lights or DRL, those will stay Amber).

Hope this helps.
(y) Iv'e seen that seatbelt trick before, just thought it would be nice if Tazer handled since I already have one.

Here's a pic of the Ambers I have activated. Works for me, much better than the whites.
BCEAD616-8112-498E-94D5-075A85EED14F.jpeg

Not likely to buy an alphaobd, if the Tazer can't handle something I want I'll wait or skip it, not that big of a deal since almost all of the other settings I wanted work

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
(y) Iv'e seen that seatbelt trick before, just thought it would be nice if Tazer handled since I already have one.

Here's a pic of the Ambers I have activated. Works for me, much better than the whites.
View attachment 134249

Not likely to buy an alphaobd, if the Tazer can't handle something I want I'll wait or skip it, not that big of a deal since almost all of the other settings I wanted work
I'm confused.
How are your bottom lights amber?
Are your blinkers on the bottom not the top like the Limiteds?

Also Alfaobd is just an app on the Android appstore.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm confused.

Yes, Laramie has different lights than the Limited

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I'm confused.

but it needs in-app purchase, right? And you need to buy a OBD2 to bluetooth dongle too.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
but it needs in-app purchase, right? And you need to buy a OBD2 to bluetooth dongle too.
Alfaobd costs ff$50 in the app store, i'm sure you could use a cracked version if you really wanted.

You can use almost any ODB2 device that you can connect to your phone.
I have one from e-bay from 2012 that cost me $15 bucks and works with any car\truck and I use the Torque pro app/
I have seen people spend upwards of $125 for a ODBC2 to Bluetooth but truth be told any decent one showing good reviews on Amazon should work fine.

The information and things you can do with your truck with Alfaobd is insane and well worth the money and the value is there even more if you intend to stick with the Ram\Dodge brand in the future. There are quite a few threads on this forum of what can be done

Users who are viewing this thread