5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT group buy - February 2020

Alptbird

Reaction score
Ordered and received! Now to get good weather and a little time to get it on!

2020GCM

Reaction score
I got mine. Had to spend an entire day with tech support as mine would not marry at all and firmware 18.0.3 had no menu functionality at all, just the shortcuts worked.

I've got it working on a base flash of 18.0.1 and got it to marry after performing a full reboot first. I like what it does, but it is far from plug and play or friendly and needs a LOT of polishing and serious debugging IMHO as an engineer. I've built my own obd2 raspberry pi's to hack the canbus by replaying commands on other vehicles.

I'm pretty sure there's a new BCM firmware my truck has that is causing the issues specifically module 8. Waiting to see what z automotives engineer says.

Interesting, I assumed I would also get firmware 18.0.3 but mine came with 18.0.1 and only after I realized that (displayed on dash screen) and downloading that version of instructions, I got it to marry and get to the menus. I guess it's a shot in the dark which version you get.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can always get back to 18.0.1 by doing the recovery flash https://www.zautomotive.com/fixmytazerdt

they encourage everyone to go to 18.0.3 as it fixes the incompatibility with the pulsar. I don't and won't ever have a pulsar so...
Also some of the 18.0.3 menus are different.

Both instructions still kinda suck.

Also once you get it maried, you can hookup the USB and use the zpu utility to configure everything. It seems much easier sometimes.

Alptbird

Reaction score
Installed mine today, small learning curve, but other than a couple DERP moments it worked perfect. Don’t care for the light show feature, but to each their own... did correct my led light issues and tire height issue. I’ll play with it some more at a later time. Rain came in and ruined the afternoon.

jrod1299

Reaction score
All...quick update for those who are considering placing an order.

I had been forwarding your contact information to Samantha, but given the deadline is approaching, I would ask that you reach out to her directly. This way you can cut out the middle man and hopefully ensure you make the deadline. I would hate if you missed out.

Best Wishes

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
I got mine today.
I was able to marry mine up with my truck with minor difficulties, and here's why.

After carefully going through the module, I realized that mine was uploaded with the 18.0.1 software.
I however was trying to follow the instructions of the 18.0.3
Once I realized my mistake, I downloaded the corresponding instructions to the said software; it was pretty straight forward after that.

Another important note to all my Canadian friends, there was an additional cost of $71.32 for taxes when the product crossed the border... just an FYI. Thanks Trudeau!!!

dfrazier1965

Reaction score
All...quick update for those who are considering placing an order.

I had been forwarding your contact information to Samantha, but given the deadline is approaching, I would ask that you reach out to her directly. This way you can cut out the middle man and hopefully ensure you make the deadline. I would hate if you missed out.

Best Wishes
How do I reach her direct? Is there any price cut doing this? I apologize if this info is in this thread as I quickly browsed through it and may have missed some info. Thanks

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
Has anybody figured out how to keep the light show on while the vehicle is in motion?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Connect the usb with a laptop. With the truck in run, engine not running, open zpu software and you'll see the light shows. Theres a checkbox to enable them. Which you should NOT do as if you you cruise control at all you'll be turning them off and on at random.

Fair warning.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove this thing?
without hitting the brake push the start button twice to be in run mode.

Use the left up down arrows to go to music mode and left and resume to enable the tazer menu. go to unmarry. turn on cruise control. it should begin the process and start a coundown to self destruct.

Once it blows up just unplug it and plug the cables back in where it was.

Royal

Reaction score
Got mine fitted on Thursday. Difficulty getting it to do what I wanted but pretty much got it sorted. Friday the remote start wouldn’t work. Today the vehicle won’t start at all. It also won’t lock; even removing the Tazer doesn’t remedy it. Had to borrow a vehicle to get to work today (work in the Hospital). The truck is completely dead bar the proximity lights on the mirrors on solid. Have emailed support. Will detach battery tomorrow, leave it for a bit, reattach and see if that fixes it. Got to be honest, wasn’t expecting losing the use of the truck.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got mine fitted on Thursday. Difficulty getting it to do what I wanted but pretty much got it sorted. Friday the remote start wouldn’t work. Today the vehicle won’t start at all. It also won’t lock; even removing the Tazer doesn’t remedy it. Had to borrow a vehicle to get to work today (work in the Hospital). The truck is completely dead bar the proximity lights on the mirrors on solid. Have emailed support. Will detach battery tomorrow, leave it for a bit, reattach and see if that fixes it. Got to be honest, wasn’t expecting losing the use of the truck.
It's not the tazer. It's the crap grounds on your truck.

Pickering Ram

Reaction score
I got mine today.
I was able to marry mine up with my truck with minor difficulties, and here's why.

After carefully going through the module, I realized that mine was uploaded with the 18.0.1 software.
I however was trying to follow the instructions of the 18.0.3
Once I realized my mistake, I downloaded the corresponding instructions to the said software; it was pretty straight forward after that.

Another important note to all my Canadian friends, there was an additional cost of $71.32 for taxes when the product crossed the border... just an FYI. Thanks Trudeau!!!
Thanks, make its it an expensive purchase

Royal

Reaction score
It's not the tazer. It's the crap grounds on your truck.
The grounds were done on the recall before I purchased. Had zero issues with the truck since delivery August year until I added this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread