5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In regards to the tazer update. It works flawlessly. I have the first one as my truck was the test truck. Should be out in next day or So. I have been playing with it all day today to try and trip it up. No issues. You will just have to get used to the changes in the tazer use configurations.
Thanks for volunteering to be the donar! Glad to hear its working good. I'll update mine asap.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ATTENTION. There is and update to Tazer. It should be uploaded today or tomorrow at the latest. From what I’m told the update should fix the tazer /pulsar issues.
Do you know what the firmware version number is? Z-Automotive's website (support page) doesn't currently list the Tazer DT. There is a "Taser" and "Taser Ram" listed. I'm assuming they will add the Taser DT when available since we now have an update.

Rockgt302

Reaction score
I'd give him a day or two. I just got my truck back late Thursday night and spoke with Joe yesterday about my real world testing. He said he would be releasing the update in the next few days once he gets to changing the instructions as the primary functions access access are different. Both devices work from the audio page and use the same cruise control functions. The main difference will be the on/off button for the cruise. Off will control the pulsar, on will control the tazer.

V8Spock

Reaction score
Sounds good. I am mostly interested in the TurnCam using the rear camera instead of the front.

trixdesigns

Reaction score
The main difference will be the on/off button for the cruise. Off will control the pulsar, on will control the tazer.

Hopefully that's just during accessing of menus. From my cheat sheet from my Tazer on my Charger, the Cruise buttons are used heavily:
FunctionLeft HandRight HandNotes
Line Lock<-- (Left Arrow)Cruise +Pump Brakes 2 Times
Reset Adaptives<-- (Left Arrow)Cruise On / Off
Light ShowHigh Beam OnCruise +
Cooldown--> (Right Arrow)Cruise CancelIgnition ON
Menu<-- (Left Arrow)Cruise CancelIgnition ON, Engine OFF
Live Menu<-- (Left Arrow)Cruise CancelIgnition ON, Engine ON
Menu Select<-- (Left Arrow)Cruise On / Off

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@myram2019 , @Rockgt302 Do you have a link for a Tazer DT update?

Has the updated Tazer DT graphic but links to the wrong Tazer (OBD2 version) firmware. I suspect, based on the low tech layout of their webpage, someone failed to correctly update the link. Ugh. So we wait.

I'm going to attempt to use their app and see if it will auto download the firmware.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
V18.0.3 just released about 5 minutes ago. My update tool showed I was up to date at 18.0.1 then I tried again and had an update. Use the update tool (PC software) to get it. I'm flashing it now!

I hope they updated the manual! If not, can our beta tester outline the differences so we can navigate?

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe, as mentioned earlier by @Rockgt302 , the cruise control (not adaptive cruise) button enables Tazer DT settings. My menu screens are all working now. Excellent work Z-Auto!

myram2019

Reaction score
I too just updated thru the PC software. Definitely need a new user manual as the button layout and menus did change. So far all is working well.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has there been any news of new features besides better coexistence with Pulsar? I know at one time while he had the test truck he was going to look at MDS, and some other items.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd also like to know what, if any changes were made, so I can decide if I need to update. It's working flawlessly for me now, so I'm hesitant to update if not needed.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Was hoping for a more useful lightshow design. Thusfar its useless for emergency response POV use, way too slow to transition from 1 LED to another. This was the main reason I purchased it.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was hoping for a more useful lightshow design. Thusfar its useless for emergency response POV use, way too slow to transition from 1 LED to another. This was the main reason I purchased it.
How so? The demo light shows that come built in seem to flash at a very rapid rate? The custom light shows allow flash times in milliseconds. Most people can't see a light flashing faster than 16ms (60hz) which is equivalent to the frame rate on the HD movies. Florescent lights also flicker at 60hz and appear constantly on to the human eye. I believe the light show can switch the lights on/off really fast if needed.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
How so? The demo light shows that come built in seem to flash at a very rapid rate? The custom light shows allow flash times in milliseconds. Most people can't see a light flashing faster than 16ms (60hz) which is equivalent to the frame rate on the HD movies. Florescent lights also flicker at 60hz and appear constantly on to the human eye. I believe the light show can switch the lights on/off really fast if needed.
Yes, the light itself can blink very quickly, however the program cycles extremely slowly from 1 light to the next. It works ok if you only have two lights running in the program, but more than that and there is a long delay.

So a basic program would be brake light/ reverse light alternating diagonally, fogs/ low beams alternating diagonally and maybe throw in license plate and mirror lights at a different pattern. With this basic program running, there are long delays from start of the cycle to the next start. Hate to say but it's a useless gimmick now for anyone that actually tries to use it for emergency response.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, the light itself can blink very quickly, however the program cycles extremely slowly from 1 light to the next. It works ok if you only have two lights running in the program, but more than that and there is a long delay.

agreed with you there - I considered the Tazer specifically for safety flash pattern (construction) but it's too slow to be effective. A thought though, I wonder if there's a way to share flash pattern programming and have a thread of Tazer programming lighting pattern swaps so we're not all reinventing the wheel... I'll have to take a swing at it, when it's not 103* outside

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Of course, I disabled all stock patterns and only enabled one custom pattern with 8 lights. Very basic.
Sorry, I didn't ask the right way. In the PC Software there is a list of steps in each custom light show. Going by memory since my laptop is at work but I think that each step had a short default time even if no lights are specified. I had to set each one to 0 or Off (can't remember)...effectively disabling the step. I was setting up a Light Show with all front and side lights on, no flashing but the unused steps still caused it to flash until I disabled them.

Users who are viewing this thread