5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

V8Spock

Reaction score
Automatic power folding mirrors - Use it every time. Should be a OEM feature
Auto StopStart Disable – Perfect. It remembers where I left it
TurnCAM - Unusable with 360 view trucks. Waiting for the next update to default to the rear camera
Nav in Motion - Using this feature until the TurnCAM is fixed

mtehonica

Reaction score
TurnCAM - Unusable with 360 view trucks. Waiting for the next update to default to the rear camera

My Tazer gets delivered tomorrow. I didn't realize the TurnCAM doesn't work with 360* view :( Hopefully they provide an update for it soon.

V8Spock

Reaction score
It does work but it shows the front camera view when turning. Not very useful.

I emailed and he said he's going to rent a 360 view truck soon to fix the problem.

jshirlotsky

Reaction score
Just finally got around to ordering mine today! Can’t wait for it to be delivered!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Man I wish they came out with a cheaper version for guys who dont have 70% of the features that this supports. I'd like to change probably 5-7 things, mainly with the lights and mirrors. Cant justify 320 bucks for that, but I do want one lol

Jagtyson

Reaction score
Man I wish they came out with a cheaper version for guys who dont have 70% of the features that this supports. I'd like to change probably 5-7 things, mainly with the lights and mirrors. Cant justify 320 bucks for that, but I do want one lol
Yep, those that paid $20-$30,000 more for their Ram got a much better deal spending $330 on their tazer.
I bought a Laramie and for my $330 purchase I am thrilled to have auto folding mirrors and fog lights remaining on with high beam headlights. I am also excited that "The Z Team" is listening to the 5th gen owners on this forum to continually update and add new functions.
The Ram owners with Tow Mirrors are the ones that really miss out with a Tazer purchase ..

jshirlotsky

Reaction score
I’m looking forward to being able to disable the stupid weather pop ups that generally have nothing to do with my area, disable the fog light dropout with high beams, disable the camera dropout, navigation in motion and definitely the auto folding mirrors. Ohh and the remote windows seem cool too!

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have issue with the remote window feature? My driver side window doesn't go all the way up. Seems like the passenger side hits its end of travel first, and the driver side stops with it (1-2" cracked open). Switch auto up-down operation works fine.

jshirlotsky

Reaction score
If you think the remote windows are cool, just wait until you start playing with the light shows... o_O

I had the Tazer in my 17 Charger and I liked the light show for car shows! I’m not sure how much I’m really going to use it on the truck but I’m definitely going to play with it from time to time!

Deriggs007

Reaction score
It does work but it shows the front camera view when turning. Not very useful.

I emailed and he said he's going to rent a 360 view truck soon to fix the problem.

Hopefully they don't just make the backup camera work, it should be the side cameras like how Honda and other vehicles do it. Wonder if they can pull that off. I don't; find the front or the back to be very useful. If anything, the front is more useful in my eyes. I have 0 depth perception, so if I'm trying to weed around things in-front of me...

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"Nav in Motion - Using this feature until the TurnCAM is fixed"
[/QUOTE]

Why are you using that until the turn 360 cam is fixed? How does it compensate for it. I thought it just disabled the in motion lockout of the Nav.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
"Nav in Motion - Using this feature until the TurnCAM is fixed"

Why are you using that until the turn 360 cam is fixed? How does it compensate for it. I thought it just disabled the in motion lockout of the Nav.
[/QUOTE]

Most likely meant Camera in motion lockout. Turns it on when about to go through windy roads or turns on busy streets. I do that when I pull in base as they have road blocks out and they often put the barriers really close together and the 360 camera helps out a ton.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Still enjoying tracking FedEx delivery will receive today.
Speaking of charger who care about windows feature when make track mode by default make car sound like thunder on start up.

MrsFields0821

Reaction score
I’m really enjoying this device!

One question though, I can’t make the auto window open/close using the key fob work, is that something you have to program on/off on the cluster? TIA!

V8Spock

Reaction score
"Why are you using that until the turn 360 cam is fixed? How does it compensate for it. I thought it just disabled the in motion lockout of the Nav."

You either enable the "Set In-Motion Nav" feature or the "TurnCAM" feature. When one is on the other is off.

I turned on the Set in motion nav until the TurnCAM feature is fixed.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
You either enable the "Set In-Motion Nav" feature or the "TurnCAM" feature. When one is on the other is off.

I turned on the Set in motion nav until the TurnCAM feature is fixed.

That's a bummer. I would want to use both features. My wife can type into nav as we're driving, but also use TurnCam when actually turning. You can't have both working?

That sucks.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw someone ask on the Ram Facebook page if the brake activation when the driver doors open can be deactivated. I'm wondering if the Taserer would be able to disable that feature. Since I don't have my truck until later this week I'm throwing that question out to you guys. Can the Taser deactivate it so the truck breaks don't slam on if you're trying to back up to say a trailer with the driver door open?

Wheeler

Reaction score
Received installed and change tire tize and played with some other setting since it is late will test drive in morning. Anyway when turned ignition off mirror folded closed position.

Users who are viewing this thread