5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
There are several bugs/issues that need to be worked out. I installed this firmware, and have decided to downgrade until they release a fix.
Then I will wait with it to buy. Is someone from Z Automotive on the forum here or place where one can report bugs/issues?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Then I will wait with it to buy. Is someone from Z Automotive on the forum here or place where one can report bugs/issues?
Not to my knowledge. Short of reporting a bug directly on their site, the only other method I know of is going through one of the resellers that's on the TRX forum.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted already on the Zautomotive site when you listed the link earlier, but there's a new update (18.1.8).

I just downloaded it, and will install to see what happens.
Think I’ll wait this one out. Doesn’t appear to fix any of the issues I was having like left mirror puddle light coming on after using either blinker, Auto Stop/Start disable not saving setting and fog lights not remembering last setting. Kill3Honk stopped working for me too with the newest update. Everything is working now again after I downgraded back to the old firmware.

It’s pretty obvious they don’t thoroughly test this stuff out before releasing. I refuse to use my truck as a test subject and work with them to fix the issues. For what a Tazer costs that’s not acceptable.

5F95DDD4-42D3-4C8E-9D67-FCE8282E10ED.jpeg

Last edited:

JohnGow383

Reaction score
Think I’ll wait this one out. Doesn’t appear to fix any of the issues I was having like left mirror puddle light coming on after using either blinker, Auto Stop/Start disable not saving setting and fog lights not remembering last setting. Kill3Honk stopped working for me too with the newest update. Everything is working now again after I downgraded back to the old firmware.

It’s pretty obvious they don’t thoroughly test this stuff out before releasing. I refuse to use my truck as a test subject and work with them to fix the issues. For what a Tazer costs that’s not acceptable.

View attachment 144288
That's very dissapointing. I'm very much on the fence whether or not to get one. I'm getting my truck on Saturday and the last thing I want to do is screw something up with it. I no longer need it to do tire size so that's one less thing to worry about though.

JohnGow383

Reaction score
Any update on 18.1.8.... I hear from others they've got it fully working after cycling the sleep modes

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got it installed, and the Amber DRL’s work correctly now. The ParkCam and TurnCam settings are still buggy, so I disabled them (they stay on, and lock up the Uconnect screen).
Can’t comment on the vehicle settings (that require it to be married), as I don’t marry it to my truck.

Alakdan

Reaction score
I updated to a latest firmware(revised version) but I don't like the weird loud noise from ABS due to PIN Lock feature.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I updated to a latest firmware(revised version) but I don't like the weird loud noise from ABS due to PIN Lock feature.
I haven’t tried the PIN lock yet. When does it make this noise? Only when it is locking down the truck?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I won't be enabling the PIN lock feature. Would **** the wife off if she ever wanted to drive it. And I'm not to worried about it being stolen when I park in a garage every night.

Dewey

Reaction score
PIN lock feature looks like a disaster in the making. Sounds like that could really be a fiasco affecting many vehicle functions if that fails. Hope they thoroughly tested it.😲

Marxvp1

Reaction score
I just updated to 18.1.7. from 18.1.6. When you updated yours, did it take a long time to update once plugged back into the truck? I can't access any menus because it says "updating". How long should this process take? I have a 2022 Bighorn with 8.4 inch Uconnect 5 (2022+) system. This is the 3rd firmware update I've done and I didn't have this issue prior to this latest version.
Just tried the new firmware... 18.1.8. Still having the same issue I had with 18.1.7. Constant "Updating..." message. Can't access the (non-live) menu.

JohnGow383

Reaction score
I received my Tazer DT today. I have updated the firmware on my laptop but haven't yet installed the device into the truck. I think I'll wait until the new update is out, I hear it's rumored to be out soon.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I received my Tazer DT today. I have updated the firmware on my laptop but haven't yet installed the device into the truck. I think I'll wait until the new update is out, I hear it's rumored to be out soon.
I hope so too, as the uconnect 5 is out for a while now. Soon there will be 2 model years with Uconnect 5 and the Tazer DT still has issues with the 2022 models.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hope so too, as the uconnect 5 is out for a while now. Soon there will be 2 model years with Uconnect 5 and the Tazer DT still has issues with the 2022 models.
Fwiw, it took a couple years for them to work all the bugs out of uconnect4

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just tried the new firmware... 18.1.8. Still having the same issue I had with 18.1.7. Constant "Updating..." message. Can't access the (non-live) menu.

Same issue here. I updated to 18.1.8 and tried 18.1.7 also and no luck.... all it does is "Updating..." and nothing else.

I have followed the instructions on the Z Automotive site to a T and still can't get it to work.

Somebody HELP!!! The guy(s) at Z Auto are impossible to reach in person.

TazerProblems.jpg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same issue here. I updated to 18.1.8 and tried 18.1.7 also and no luck.... all it does is "Updating..." and nothing else.

I have followed the instructions on the Z Automotive site to a T and still can't get it to work.

View attachment 145013
Are you sure the SGW plugs are firmly plugged into the Tazer?

Dewey

Reaction score

View attachment 145013
Text them directly at (631)533-3363

They usually get back to me within an hour.

JohnGow383

Reaction score
PIN lock feature looks like a disaster in the making. Sounds like that could really be a fiasco affecting many vehicle functions if that fails. Hope they thoroughly tested it.😲
I have an active tracker on mine that monitors various paramters, shows where you are etc and pings my phone every time the vehicle is turned on. Shows you a map of your route with speeds. Also optional immobilizer so from the click of a button from phone you can kill the car. All hidden under a panel. So I really don't wanna be messing about with PINs which is actually easy to over ride if you're aware of the feature.

Marxvp1

Reaction score

View attachment 145013
I have been text messaging them for a few weeks now. Ever since I started having this issue with 18.1.7. Still not resolved. I just sent them a screen shot of your post via text message. Like you said, I can't seem to get them to actually TALK to me. They want every communication to be either text message or email. NOT HAPPY!

Users who are viewing this thread