5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s not. My Start/Stop memory worked fine with the earlier update but now with the new update on Monday it’s not remembering the last position it was set on.
Now I just noticed my Blind Spot Monitoring isn’t working. It’s activated in the Tazer settings and also in the vehicle settings in UConnect. Think it’s related to the new update because it was fine before.

Also BeltDing doesn’t work. I change to OFF and it keeps going back to ON no matter how many times I REBOOT and do two sleep cycles. It says EXPERIMENTAL next to it in the instruction just like the last update. Surprised this wasn’t addressed in the current update.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also BeltDing doesn’t work. I change to OFF and it keeps going back to ON no matter how many times I REBOOT and do two sleep cycles. It says EXPERIMENTAL next to it in the instruction just like the last update. Surprised this wasn’t addressed in the current update.
You can turn that off without the Tazer.
  • Sit in the truck with your seat belt latched.
  • Without touching the brake pedal, press the ignition button twice–it should show in the “Run” position.
  • Wait for the seatbelt light on your dashboard to turn off.
  • Within 10 seconds, unhook and latch your seatbelt three times.
  • Hit the ignition button again.
  • You’ll hear a single ding noise.
  • The seatbelt alarm is now deactivated.

Alakdan

Reaction score
I can’t think of anything clever off hand, aside from diverting the security gateway module canbus connector over to the other, harder to access junction block on the passenger side footwell area.

But, rather than buying any of the anti-theft devices out there, I have a simple method that requires about $20-30 in connector parts.
No factory wiring is cut.
No fuses, relays, etc removed.
No aftermarket switch involved.
It’s the same “concept” as a ravelco, but the truck can be remote started.
You can give your truck and factory service manual schematics to someone for a week, and they won’t get it started no matter how many fobs they program to it.

I know it’s hard to keep stuff from circulating online, but I’ll give anybody details how to go about it via PM.
I am interested on how to do that thing. Please let me know how. Thanks. 😉

Last edited:

Dewey

Reaction score
Now I just noticed my Blind Spot Monitoring isn’t working. It’s activated in the Tazer settings and also in the vehicle settings in UConnect. Think it’s related to the new update because it was fine before.

I unmarried and removed my Tazer for now. All kinds of weird stuff going on. Doesn’t renember Stop/Start off setting, fog light setting, Kill3Honk setting and when I use either my left or right turn signal the puddle light on my drivers side mirror only turns on for about 5 seconds AFTER the signal is off. Also my Blind Spot Detection quit working.

Everything seems normal now after unmarry and removing the Tazer.

Didn’t have any issues with the previous firmware. This new one released on Monday seems to be an issue. I knew I should have waited.

Is it possible to go back to the previous firmware before the Monday release? I’m sure it’s possible but figured I better ask first before trying.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I unmarried and removed my Tazer for now. All kinds of weird stuff going on. Doesn’t renember Stop/Start off setting, fog light setting, Kill3Honk setting and when I use either my left or right turn signal the puddle light on my drivers side mirror only turns on for about 5 seconds AFTER the signal is off. Also my Blind Spot Detection quit working.

Didn’t have any issues with the previous firmware. This new one released on Monday seems to be an issue. I knew I should have waited.

Is it possible to go back to the previous firmware before the Monday release? I’m sure it’s possible but figured I better ask first before trying.
Yes, you can downgrade manually via the programming utility.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Yes, use manual update and download the previous firmware to install.

You could also try re-marryung the TazerDT and see if that helps any before switching back tonokder firmware

Marxvp1

Reaction score
I'm having issues with the new 18.1.7 firmware also (see my post on the previous page). Been in contact with Tazer support and so far, no resolution.

Dewey

Reaction score
I'm having issues with the new 18.1.7 firmware also (see my post on the previous page). Been in contact with Tazer support and so far, no resolution.
I haven't contacted them but suppose I should. The more complaints they get the quicker it will get resolved. Curious what their response is to you. Pretty disappointed that the new firmware is causing new issues. Don't they thoroughly test before releasing?

Just loaded the previous firmware in my Tazer but didn't install it back into my truck yet. Maybe I'll mess around with it this weekend when I have more time. I'm gonna run stock for now. Tired of messing around.

titan3636

Reaction score
has anyone installed the HDMI kit to work on the cargo cam input? (I know this vid is from a challenger but Za said it would work in Ram too)

Marxvp1

Reaction score
I haven't contacted them but suppose I should. The more complaints they get the quicker it will get resolved. Curious what their response is to you. Pretty disappointed that the new firmware is causing new issues. Don't they thoroughly test before releasing?

Just loaded the previous firmware in my Tazer but didn't install it back into my truck yet. Maybe I'll mess around with it this weekend when I have more time. I'm gonna run stock for now. Tired of messing around.
I have been in text message contact with them for the last several days now. Today they told me that their Engineer is still looking into the constant "updating..." message issue with 18.1.7. Said they're a small company and only have one Engineer. I asked if another firmware version (18.1.8) will be out anytime soon and they didn't know. I'm back on 18.1.6 now and that version has always worked for me, except for the turn camera, which they admit never worked in 18.1.6 for the newer 2022 trucks.

Dewey

Reaction score
I have been in text message contact with them for the last several days now. Today they told me that their Engineer is still looking into the constant "updating..." message issue with 18.1.7. Said they're a small company and only have one Engineer. I asked if another firmware version (18.1.8) will be out anytime soon and they didn't know. I'm back on 18.1.6 now and that version has always worked for me, except for the turn camera, which they admit never worked in 18.1.6 for the newer 2022 trucks.
One engineer?😲

That explains a lot right there.

JohnGow383

Reaction score
Will the new firmware update now work with 2022 / 2023 models? I'm picking up my new truck next weekend and thinking about buying this. I have Nitto 35s fitted to my truck but my dealer has managed to calibrate speedo to 34" without losing any functionality to the park sensors. They told me at 70 the GPS speed is 72 so close enough and I'm happy with that, so won't need the tazer for tire sizes. Would be interested in the mirrors going in when switching truck off and a few other features.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Will the new firmware update now work with 2022 / 2023 models? I'm picking up my new truck next weekend and thinking about buying this. I have Nitto 35s fitted to my truck but my dealer has managed to calibrate speedo to 34" without losing any functionality to the park sensors. They told me at 70 the GPS speed is 72 so close enough and I'm happy with that, so won't need the tazer for tire sizes. Would be interested in the mirrors going in when switching truck off and a few other features.
Auto-fold for mirrors worked (on 2022’s) before the update. Honestly, this new update has a few problems. They will likely release a fix in the next few weeks - if I were you, I’d stick with 18.1.6 for now (I’m downgrading from 18.1.7 to 18.1.6 for now).

JohnGow383

Reaction score
Auto-fold for mirrors worked (on 2022’s) before the update. Honestly, this new update has a few problems. They will likely release a fix in the next few weeks - if I were you, I’d stick with 18.1.6 for now (I’m downgrading from 18.1.7 to 18.1.6 for now).
Thanks. I think my understanding was it was only tire size that wasn't working with the old firmware on U Connect 5 models? Was there anything else not working? As I say, I haven't yet picked up my new truck but my dealer does have these Tazers in stock and now that my tire size has pretty much been resolved (as best as they could without knocking out functionality) I am thinking of picking one up to try some of the other features. I will not update to 18.1.7 for now, thanks for the advice.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I think my understanding was it was only tire size that wasn't working with the old firmware on U Connect 5 models? Was there anything else not working? As I say, I haven't yet picked up my new truck but my dealer does have these Tazers in stock and now that my tire size has pretty much been resolved (as best as they could without knocking out functionality) I am thinking of picking one up to try some of the other features. I will not update to 18.1.7 for now, thanks for the advice.
I haven’t tried most of the features on Tazer, so I can’t answer which did (or didn’t) work. I do know that 18.1.6 works with the following Live Features:
  • Kill3Honk
  • Amber DRL’s (the main reason I bought it)
  • Brake Hold
  • Auto-Fold Mirrors
  • Remember Drive Settings (TRX only, I think)
On the new update, the amber DRL’s drop out when the blinker is on, and I know they’re working on that. There are also a few other advertised improvements that aren’t working right.

JohnGow383

Reaction score
I haven’t tried most of the features on Tazer, so I can’t answer which did (or didn’t) work. I do know that 18.1.6 works with the following Live Features:
  • Kill3Honk
  • Amber DRL’s (the main reason I bought it)
  • Brake Hold
  • Auto-Fold Mirrors
  • Remember Drive Settings (TRX only, I think)
On the new update, the amber DRL’s drop out when the blinker is on, and I know they’re working on that. There are also a few other advertised improvements that aren’t working right.
ok ty

Dewey

Reaction score
Agree. I did the same.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see on the website that they now support the 2022 models with Uconnect 5 with the new firmware. Did someone already been able to check if it works perfectly?

There are several bugs/issues that need to be worked out. I installed this firmware, and have decided to downgrade until they release a fix.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted already on the Zautomotive site when you listed the link earlier, but there's a new update (18.1.8).

I just downloaded it, and will install to see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread