5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500 Group Buy ( x2 )

Viper67

Reaction score
So I got my tazer today. How do I get a activation code? I hooked up to my laptop for the latest update, I clicked on utilities tab and clicked read and it read the serial number. How do I get the code?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I got my tazer today. How do I get a activation code? I hooked up to my laptop for the latest update, I clicked on utilities tab and clicked read and it read the serial number. How do I get the code?
I've never heard of anything or anyone mentioning a code.

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score
It’s up to date. Only thing to do on a computer is create a light show. I was texting back and forth with them on Tuesday and they’re all running the latest firmware.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually just sent them an email in regards to certain functions not showing up and a couple options not changeable. I'm thinking they don't have the Canadian programming available and a few things will either need an update or I'll have to return it.

OldArmyDoc

Reaction score
I ha some problems with the TazerDT. Installed the software from their download page and attempted to enter information into the required fields. Could not get an activation code. I noticed the TazerDT unit was blinking reed, so I decided to update the firmware. This was incorrect. After several email and texting I was helped by their customer service. Surprisingly, they were very helpful over a weekend. The software does not do anything with the TazerDT unless there is a software update or there is a desire to utilize/change the light show function. The TazerDT plugs in as described in the installation instructions. Ensure that the vehicle is in "RUN" with the engine "OFF." Ensure that the instrument cluster is in "AUDIO" and then run through your options. Hope this helps!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had some problems with the TazerDT. The TazerDT plugs in as described in the installation instructions. Ensure that the vehicle is in "RUN" with the engine "OFF." Ensure that the instrument cluster is in "AUDIO" and then run through your options. Hope this helps!

Yes...everything you said is in the instructions that come with it ;)

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, played with it again this morning, 75% of the options function as advertised... I'm convinced there is a big difference between the american programming and canadian programming. Guess I'll just wait for their reply.

Viper67

Reaction score
I’m slow I guess. I read the manual and looked at the picture. I don’t see where to plug this in. Can anyone post a few pictures or a video that slowly shows where this plugs in? Truck is the 2019 ram 1500 new body Style. Here is a picture of what was sent to me.

42b83ccef4b8bf6d6579a74678960746.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

myram2019

Reaction score
I’m slow I guess. I read the manual and looked at the picture. I don’t see where to plug this in. Can anyone post a few pictures or a video that slowly shows where this plugs in? Truck is the 2019 ram 1500 new body Style. Here is a picture of what was sent to me.

There is a module under the steering wheel and to the left of the brake pedal (away from the gas pedal) you have to unplug the wires from that module and then plug those wires into the tazer module. I didn't remove the factory one and i zip tied the new module to a wiring harness. Hope this helps

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's deceiving, it's just above the weight on the emergency brake release cable. It's directly below your lights and adjustable peddle switches.

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score

Look at the photo on the install page. Clear as day. Looks like 2 ethernet cables

gcscott

Reaction score

You are looking for 2 sets of plugs and wires that are 1 on top of the other that are plugged into a board with other circuits. From the fuse box under the dash look LEFT about 6 inches. You have to look at an angle so you can see behind the light switch near the firewall. You will see a shiny dash support bracket. The plugs are to the LEFT of this bracket. You are not looking for a module to unplug like you are holding, just a circuit board which wires plug into. You do not remove this board, just the 2 plugs and than plug them into the TAZER and the TAZER will just hang there and the circuit board plugs stay empty. Tuck the TAZER behind some wires so you can access it to program. Hope this helps. :)

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For any Canadian customers on the fence, I've exchanged a few emails with Ian from ZAutomotive and we've ironed out all the issues that I was having and the Tazer is 100% compatible with Canadian trucks.

It took quite a few on/off sequences and a couple trips around the block to get the DRL's location to change... BUT MAN, when they finally took to the turn signals... I was grinning ear to ear. Just like my 16 Rebel... so awesome.

Everything else fell into place after that and I couldn't be more happy with the purchase.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you get an activation code? I saw on the software interface it said you need a code to unlock additional features.

Users who are viewing this thread