5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT Custom Light Shows

ClayFire2

Reaction score
Read the .pdf - it explains how and what you need to activate that portion.
Yep I got that all good now, just need to know how that other person made it activate with just the one button now. I appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Shannonw

Reaction score
I also updated my original post. But for those that messaged me here are my light show configurations.

Attachments

• 20201115_132043.jpg
    20201115_132043.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 94
  • 20201115_132055.jpg
    20201115_132055.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20201115_132100.jpg
    20201115_132100.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 84
Reaction score
I also updated my original post. But for those that messaged me here are my light show configurations.
Just got my Tazer from the group buy I set up...

I can't use my unit yet as my truck is going to dealer on Friday for some errors code I got after disconnecting my battery so no point in marrying and unmarrying for only a few days of playing around.

Anyhow I was running through the app, what exactly does selecting the short cut enable you to do? Just have whatever selected as the first light show or a shortcut button to activate your favourite show?

I just want my custom show to be simple... Backup lights flash quick and alternating sides and fog lights flash fast alternating sides.

Is the "black out" feature separate from the light shows?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what happens with my tailgate light bar (OPT7) and my side step light (OPT7) do... I see that @Shannonw light bar doesn't seem to flash with the rest of the lights. So that is interesting and I think preferred really.

Now my side step lights, well they are wired into the taillights for turn signal feature and then wired into my bed lights (BUG) for the white lights when doors open. It will be interesting to see what this does 2 both of these lights.

Shannonw

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what happens with my tailgate light bar (OPT7) and my side step light (OPT7) do... I see that @Shannonw light bar doesn't seem to flash with the rest of the lights. So that is interesting and I think preferred really.

Now my side step lights, well they are wired into the taillights for turn signal feature and then wired into my bed lights (BUG) for the white lights when doors open. It will be interesting to see what this does 2 both of these lights.
Yes the rear light bar is connected to my hitch lights. The tazer does not use those lights in the lighting sequence. Any other lights connected to taillights etc will flash if you have them selected to flash.

Shannonw

Reaction score

I can't use my unit yet as my truck is going to dealer on Friday for some errors code I got after disconnecting my battery so no point in marrying and unmarrying for only a few days of playing around.

Anyhow I was running through the app, what exactly does selecting the short cut enable you to do? Just have whatever selected as the first light show or a shortcut button to activate your favourite show?

I just want my custom show to be simple... Backup lights flash quick and alternating sides and fog lights flash fast alternating sides.

There is an option to start with a set light show, and cycle them from there. Also the shortcut allows you to activate the lights by pushing a couple buttons simultaneously, without having to go into the setup menu.

It sounds like you would benefit from setting up a custom light show which is really easy and you are able to test it while setting it up so you can see what adjustments you are making.

The blackout feature is seperate from the light show and can be setup to have a shortcut also I believe. (Like, hold cruise res + press right arrow to activate blackout.)

On my truck I can use my light shows while moving by making sure my cruise control is off and just touching cruise res.(after activating the in motion option from my computer during initial programming)

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I don't unmarry my tazer Prior to taking my truck to the dealership for service. I just unplug my tazer dt and reconnect to SGW module and after I get my truck back from service, just reconnect my tazer. Also try driving your truck for a few miles to see if your error codes clear. Disconnecting battery for minimum of 15min or more performs a "hard reset" to vehicles PCM and once battery is reconnected the truck needs to be driven to re-learn specific vehicle operations. *** I suggest not to mess with the Set Gear Ratio / Transfer Case Low ratio / any axle adjustments, as I did accidentally and ended up throwing my truck into Limp mode and had to take my truck in to get a full PCM re-flash. Thankfully there was no damage and the dealership didn't charge me. (Scary though)

Reaction score
I don't unmarry my tazer Prior to taking my truck to the dealership for service. I just unplug my tazer dt and reconnect to SGW module and after I get my truck back from service, just reconnect my tazer. Also try driving your truck for a few miles to see if your error codes clear. Disconnecting battery for minimum of 15min or more performs a "hard reset" to vehicles PCM and once battery is reconnected the truck needs to be driven to re-learn specific vehicle operations. *** I suggest not to mess with the Set Gear Ratio / Transfer Case Low ratio / any axle adjustments, as I did accidentally and ended up throwing my truck into Limp mode and had to take my truck in to get a full PCM re-flash. Thankfully there was no damage and the dealership didn't charge me. (Scary though)

Yeah I think Tazer website says to unmarry when taking in for service. I'd be worried they would run diagnostics or update and the Tazer screw it up. I'd rather not risk them knowing computer settings have been disabled or reprogrammed that were not normally there.

As for the reset, I appreciate the help but I've been driving the truck for 2 weeks or so and these codes are still present. Even after resetting and deleting the codes with the programmer I own (BlueDriver) the codes pop back up. Something happened that the truck didn't like after having the battery disconnected. I'm off to the dealer in a few days for them to see what's going on.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I think Tazer website says to unmarry when taking in for service. I'd be worried they would run diagnostics or update and the Tazer screw it up. I'd rather not risk them knowing computer settings have been disabled or reprogrammed that were not normally there.

As for the reset, I appreciate the help but I've been driving the truck for 2 weeks or so and these codes are still present. Even after resetting and deleting the codes with the programmer I own (BlueDriver) the codes pop back up. Something happened that the truck didn't like after having the battery disconnected. I'm off to the dealer in a few days for them to see what's going on.
I hear you. I honestly think zautomotive states in the manual that they "recommend" unmarrying the device before servicing just so they can protect themselves from having to cover the cost of their device causing mechanical/technical repairs. The PCM keeps a data log of Every Setting you change with the tazer on the vehicle . "Unmarrying back to factory settings" does not hide the data log list. Zautomotive has the worst customer support and when I emailed them ( numerous times) when my truck was put in Emergency Lock mode they were completely non-responsive. I'm still a little salty if you didn't notice. But I do like my tazer and still use it every day. Take care and be safe out there.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you have the Tazer hooked up to the vehicle and program the light show at the same time? I'm also looking at making a custom as I'm a first responder.

AndrewGS

Reaction score
Can you have the Tazer hooked up to the vehicle and program the light show at the same time? I'm also looking at making a custom as I'm a first responder.
Sure can. That’s how I did it.

Nehal51086

Reaction score
I programmed the Light Show for all lights to come on steady and it lights up everything off-road very nicely to see what is all around you. It is also great for finding your vehicle in a crowded huge parking lot.
Thanks for the idea, gonna try this out might come in handy

bmorehouse

Reaction score
Sending you a pm. Yes it can be done
Realize an old thread but would like to get that PM as well if possible. Just got my 2021 RAM 1500 Limited Night Edition and installed the Tazer. Thanks in advance.

1923bob

Reaction score
Realize an old thread but would like to get that PM as well if possible. Just got my 2021 RAM 1500 Limited Night Edition and installed the Tazer. Thanks in advance.
How do you like your Tazer ? Love my Tazer and my 2021 Limited Night Edition.

Users who are viewing this thread