5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate light bar

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Ok....installed my OPT7. Bought the wrong adapter apparently. So everything works but reverse. I’ve looked through this entire thread and googled multiple ways. I’m just going to tap the reverse in the taillight. Problem is I have the LED lights with only one connection. I can’t figure out which wire to tap. WHICH ONE IS IT???? I have a 19 Rebel....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have this adapter in post below...And did reverse as he mentioned.

Natural

Reaction score
I would like to thank all that contributed info to this thread on the OPT7 Triple bar. Perfect install of mine tonight!

And that little delay that we have discussed over and over here....I'm OCD too..Very much...Get over it...Everyone over to my shop watchin' the install called it badazz! And these fools speak their minds! Onto the next mod!

#TripleDown
i have been following this OPT7 Triple thread from the beginning, and metal installation clips "that come with it" is mentioned numerous times. I just received my Opt7 triple and there are no metal installation clips with it.
Am I delusional or should the clips be in the box???
thanks

brawler1588

Reaction score
i have been following this OPT7 Triple thread from the beginning, and metal installation clips "that come with it" is mentioned numerous times. I just received my Opt7 triple and there are no metal installation clips with it.
Am I delusional or should the clips be in the box???
thanks
They should be in there, are they already snapped onto the bar?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Natural

Reaction score
They should be in there, are they already snapped onto the bar?

No Sir. Have the 4 way plug with stripped wire ends, instructions for tape install and a cloth. Can’t find anything on the web site, but did send their customer service an email asking.
There really isn’t any other “reasonable” way, to mount the Triple with the Gen 5.
Thanks for the response.

Natural

Reaction score
Looking for logical response.
Received my OPT7 Triple LED yesterday, from AMAZON. Looks well made. There were no mounting clips in the box, but I have requested an assist from Opt7.
Here’s the real question:
Figured I would test some functions of the bar and plugged it into the Curtis 4 blade adapter. When selecting turn signals, the light bar, runs the amber signal, every 4th blink of the truck lights. In other words, the truck blinker flashes 4 times, to every single time for the OPT7 triple. Anyone else experience this?
Its not the Curtis adapter, because my boat trailer lights work as advertised.
Thanks

brawler1588

Reaction score
Looking for logical response.
Received my OPT7 Triple LED yesterday, from AMAZON. Looks well made. There were no mounting clips in the box, but I have requested an assist from Opt7.
Here’s the real question:
Figured I would test some functions of the bar and plugged it into the Curtis 4 blade adapter. When selecting turn signals, the light bar, runs the amber signal, every 4th blink of the truck lights. In other words, the truck blinker flashes 4 times, to every single time for the OPT7 triple. Anyone else experience this?
Its not the Curtis adapter, because my boat trailer lights work as advertised.
Thanks
Not sure what's up with that unless I'm seeing something different on mine it has the 1 delay and than basically together.

DMosherB

Reaction score
Installed the triple redline with Curt 5 way harness today much like the previous account. I'll add a few small details. Used gardening shears to cut through plastic housing on extra provided pigtail from the lightbar to isolate the extra bullet. Wire nutted that wire end to the white wire on the lightbar and plugged into the last opening on the connector. Worked perfectly. Actual install time was probably about half an hour. Measuring and remeasuring screws placement took as long if not longer, but I was pretty ocd. Glad I took the time though. I ran a thin piece of metal across the top of the bumper to lightly score a guideline across the black plastic for clip placement. The clearance can't be more than a few millimeters. Aligned lip of bar itself just below bumper edge with bottom of lowest row of LEDs flush to top of bumper. #4 1 inch screws. 1/2" by 3/8 diameter nylon spacers for the middle clips, 1/4" by 3/8 diameter nylon spacers on the outside clips. Here's a few pictures.

View attachment 34976
View attachment 34977

Oh, and I LOVE IT!
How did you put the lightbar on with the wiring for the backup camera in the way?

zx3junglist

Reaction score
This thread has the pic of the clips that come with the triple led light bar from opt7

supercanadian

Reaction score
This is a great thread! I had a putco light bar on my 2018 F150 and it was NOT a simple install as you had to tie into the driver side tail light (easy) but then also do a jumper wire under the dash or you'd get a constant "trailer connected" message without even using the trailer plug!

I have a 2020 Ram Limited and I like the look of the opt7 sequential turn signals over the putco now. can someone link to me the correct light bar to buy and connector so i don't mess this up? I'll definitely go amber for colour to match the trucks current turn signals.

CrzyDmnd

Reaction score
If PUTCO is still working for a solution, the geek in me is wondering if an Arduino board with a couple of relays would be able to make a work around, where it has 4 inputs (left tail light tap, right tail light tap, left/brake trailer light, right/brake trailer light) and 2 outputs (left/brake and right/brake). If it detects a voltage on both the left/brake trailer and right/brake trailer inputs, it triggers the output for both left/brake and right/brake to enable the brake lights; otherwise, if either the left tail light or right tail light voltages are detected, then that individual output signal (left or right) is triggered for the turn signals. I wonder if that'll work. :unsure: I don't have a light bar yet (I've been waiting to see if the delay issue was fixed) but now I might have to get one and see if this Arduino idea might work out.

JDogg1

Reaction score
Got mine done tonight, thanks for the help Jamie.howlett! I used the clips and spaced them away from the plastic with 4 small washers and ran 2 black zip ties in 2 spots where there was no lights for added hold
Is there any delay with using the curt adapter in the turn signals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online