5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate drop key fob will work on Bighorn

brdima

Reaction score
Ironically I kind of wish I didn’t have this button. More than once I think I’m hitting the remote start and instead hit the tailgate button. That’s totally on me, but my fear is that I’ll someday when close to something behind or with some long load that hangs over.

Again, I’m the idiot.
Want to trade a key fob? I want tailgate release, and I have the non release fob. We’ll still have the spare one that came oem.

COSPILOT

Reaction score
Want to trade a key fob? I want tailgate release, and I have the non release fob. We’ll still have the spare one that came oem.
I appreciate the offer but I’ll stick with what I have and try harder to not be such a dumba$$.

moparleo51

Reaction score
Ironically I kind of wish I didn’t have this button. More than once I think I’m hitting the remote start and instead hit the tailgate button. That’s totally on me, but my fear is that I’ll someday when close to something behind or with some long load that hangs over.

Again, I’m the idiot.
Thats why I activate the tailgate ajar warning yesterday. To help me not forget.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ppostewart

Reaction score
So this guy posted on Facebook that he picked up his Bighorn Night Edition and for some reason he was given keys to a Limited, but the keys are programmed to his Bighorn. People asked and he says the tailgate drop button on the key fob works. So apparently if you can get some Laramie key fobs and program them to your Bighorn you can add that function. View attachment 65943
I also have a 2022 RAM 1500 Bighorn and lost my 4 bottom key fob and bought one on line which came with 5 bottoms one for the tailgate release bottom. I went to locksmith and was told they may not be able to program it and would have to charge me even if it didn’t work. So I bought their keyfob and they said the would try to program the online key fob. Well the 5 bottom key fob worked perfect in fact it opens the tail gate too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 21

ppostewart

Reaction score
It worked on my 2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn after I lost my original 4 bottom fob and bought a 5 bottom key fob on line. Took it to locksmith who stated he didn’t know if it would work and said he’d have to charge me if it didn’t work. I bought one from him and he programmed both and the new key fob worked and even opens the tail gate now?

ppostewart

Reaction score
This is very interesting to me - I have the level 2 equipment group on my Bighorn and can confirm that all the tailgate needs to open is for the latch to be released - it already has lock/unlock from the fob so if the wiring is already there to open the latch with the proper signal that would be awesome.
A new 5 bottom key fob I bought on line with the tail gate on worked fine on mine and my 4 bottom key fob doesn’t have the tail gate bottom.

ppostewart

Reaction score
So this guy posted on Facebook that he picked up his Bighorn Night Edition and for some reason he was given keys to a Limited, but the keys are programmed to his Bighorn. People asked and he says the tailgate drop button on the key fob works. So apparently if you can get some Laramie key fobs and program them to your Bighorn you can add that function. View attachment 65943
I bought a 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn night edition and my keyfob had the lock,unlock,remote start, and horn bottoms. My son lost my keyfob so I had to buy a extra keyfob from Car $ Truck which had the tailgate button. I went to the locksmith to program the new keyfob and I was surprised to find the keyfob now opens my tailgate?

Attachments

• IMG_1304.jpeg
    IMG_1304.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 20

MccartneyRogers

Reaction score
I bought a key fob with the tail gate drop had it programmed and it will lock and unlock and remote start but won't open the tailgate for some reason any ideas?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a key fob with the tail gate drop had it programmed and it will lock and unlock and remote start but won't open the tailgate for some reason any ideas?
You probably don't have the correct latches/wiring in your tailgate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/