5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

System update

liq001

Reaction score
I'm not sure how the guy before me got it but it works.
I tried using the website and put in a bunch of vins and just says it's up to date. I think it just sees it's a 2022 and assumes...

Just FYI I didn't notice ANYTHING from 21.5 to 23. Not to say something wasn't changed\fixed. I updated it to attempt to get performance pages to stay on consistently but it didn't make a difference.
On the plus side nothing broke, which is more then what I can say for other computer software that update...

I can give the link to anyone who wants it just PM me. It only works on 2022 model years, and likely not on a TRX (but should go on other trims that are 2022 UC5.
I'm not posting the link here as then google search gets it and a million people will download it and the link will just break.
BTW, can we update the map also?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
BTW, can we update the map also?
That's completely different then this.
This is firmware\OS for the radio and does not contain map updates.

You can buy map updates from the website I think.
But you have a 2022 like me so not sure what you could possibly be upgrading on the maps.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
will this work for the non-nav?

and 8.4?
Short answer is I don't know.
I know this works for nav on the 12 UC5.

It's actually running Android so it's very possible that you could install it on the 8.4 as Android should properly display on pretty much any screen size. Nowhere in the files do I see anything that determines this is just for the 12 inch.

Looking through the files the only thing I can see that matters is it has the word Harman, so this might only be for people with the Harman system? It's also possible that ALL units contain the Harmon software\drivers or whatever and only activate if you have that system. But it also says Harman Anti-theft so who knows.
post-build=harman/fca_dv2/fca_dv2:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.025/FCA-MY22.S23.13-PROD
vendor.harman.antitheft
vendor.harman.hardware.tuner
vendor.harman.navsens

Could go to the dealership and take an 8.4 without nav on a test drive and just put this in and see what happens LOL. If the Carmax nearby had one I would gladly go and test it out.

Whitty37

Reaction score
Mine updated yesterday as well...still no weather or traffic. Haven't noticed any changes...

Ram_702

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I wondering why my 2022 limited truck with 12 inch uconnect radio can not receive any update? Since the day one back in FEB 2022, my truck sticky with S21.D5. I believe the lastest one is S23.13. I have 4G data actived, I am able to use the in car Wi-Fi, but never able to update my uconnect over air? What’s going on ? Need help.!thanks. Can I ask dealer to do the update for me?
I have the same problem. No traffic updates and no weather since new in early January. S23.13. I have been In touch with Stellantis advanced tech support many times, and I was told this week that they believe it’s an issue with the Tom Tom head end. They have engaged their engineers and are looking for a solution. They were calling me every 2 days for a couple weeks to just check in and make sure I knew I hadn’t been forgotten. I asked them to call me only when they had a solution. I’ll post more if/when I have resolution.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same problem. No traffic updates and no weather since new in early January. S23.13. I have been In touch with Stellantis advanced tech support many times, and I was told this week that they believe it’s an issue with the Tom Tom head end. They have engaged their engineers and are looking for a solution. They were calling me every 2 days for a couple weeks to just check in and make sure I knew I hadn’t been forgotten. I asked them to call me only when they had a solution. I’ll post more if/when I have resolution.
Have you done a complete reset through the radio?

Ram_702

Reaction score
Have you done a complete reset through the radio?
Yes. Multiple times. With advanced tech support on the line with me. It’s a software or hardware problem per Stallantis tech. They are able to see my truck over wireless device but it is not accepting commands from them.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. Multiple times. With advanced tech support on the line with me. It’s a software or hardware problem per Stallantis tech. They are able to see my truck over wireless device but it is not accepting commands from them.
Why can't they replace the unit?

liq001

Reaction score
Thanks for update. Please let me know if you get any solution from FCA. Thanks

Ram_702

Reaction score
Why can't they replace the unit?
That’s what they are investigating. They will either figure out a fix, or replace. Everything but weather and traffic alerts works fine. I use Waze so it’s no a big inconvenience though I still want it fixed.

jives

Reaction score
Stupid question but is there a way to see when the truck is connected to wifi in the truck? So car the only way I verify is by going into the admin pages on my wifi setup and looking for the truck that way.... kind of annoying

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stupid question but is there a way to see when the truck is connected to wifi in the truck? So car the only way I verify is by going into the admin pages on my wifi setup and looking for the truck that way.... kind of annoying
Could check your router connected client list. So far I've seen no evidence these things actually update or do anything with home WiFi.

Sparcky

Reaction score
my software just did an update the other day. I am in Canada with a 22 Limited - FCA-MY22.
s21C.6-PROD, hope this fixes the problems I was having with the head unit.

Ram_702

Reaction score
That’s what they are investigating. They will either figure out a fix, or replace. Everything but weather and traffic alerts works fine. I use Waze so it’s no a big inconvenience though I still want it fixed.
Stellantis called me today and said they have found a solution. They are communicating it to my local dear and providing me with a rental car. Besides the actual problem they have been really good communicators, checking in by phone and by email regularly. I’ll let you all know when I get an appointment and the fix

Last edited:

Sparcky

Reaction score
What are your findings?
What are your findings?
So far it connects to Wireless CarPlay right away. and has not shut down on me yet. No black screen yet either. Have not encountered any issues yet that happened in the past.

Haven't done a lot of driving this past week to really see if its just luck or a fix. Will be doing a fair bit more driving in the next week, so that will be the real test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online