5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

System update

liq001

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I wondering why my 2022 limited truck with 12 inch uconnect radio can not receive any update? Since the day one back in FEB 2022, my truck sticky with S21.D5. I believe the lastest one is S23.13. I have 4G data actived, I am able to use the in car Wi-Fi, but never able to update my uconnect over air? What’s going on ? Need help.!thanks. Can I ask dealer to do the update for me?

Attachments

• 79F7B1A0-AC0E-43A6-B317-02E8753DBC40.jpeg
    79F7B1A0-AC0E-43A6-B317-02E8753DBC40.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 91

wsutard1

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I wondering why my 2022 limited truck with 12 inch uconnect radio can not receive any update? Since the day one back in FEB 2022, my truck sticky with S21.D5. I believe the lastest one is S23.13. I have 4G data actived, I am able to use the in car Wi-Fi, but never able to update my uconnect over air? What’s going on ? Need help.!thanks. Can I ask dealer to do the update for me?
You need to connect it to your house WiFi. Shortly after I did that I was pushed an update.

liq001

Reaction score
You need to connect it to your house WiFi. Shortly after I did that I was pushed an update.
I keep connected to my house Wi-Fi since day 1. I even hard reset my radio and reconnect to my house Wi-Fi for a while. I am still not able to get any update. How short do mean? Few minutes? Hours?or days? Thanks for your help.

wsutard1

Reaction score
About a day later I got the update. There is also a process to manually update via usb. I would give that a try. I believe there are instructions on here or the Ram owners site.

liq001

Reaction score
About a day later I got the update. There is also a process to manually update via usb. I would give that a try. I believe there are instructions on here or the Ram owners site.
In order to use the USB method, I believe we have to have somewhere to download the software first. But the website for checking updates via VIN never works as intended. It always telling me my truck is updated.

liq001

Reaction score
If you know somewhere else that I can download the software. I would give it a try. Thanks.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As I understand it, the USB update method isn't available/supported on Uconnect5. The only option is OTA, or at your dealer.

Mine was stuck on 21B.5 from December until just a few weeks ago, and it magically updated finally. Ram has been pushing these out fairly slowly...I have to say it, but you probably just need to be patient.
A short while back, RamCares reached out on this forum to ask who need help getting the FOTA update. See here (and PM them your VIN).

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
driveuconnect.com or the dealer uconnect site

liq001

Reaction score
As I understand it, the USB update method isn't available/supported on Uconnect5. The only option is OTA, or at your dealer.

Mine was stuck on 21B.5 from December until just a few weeks ago, and it magically updated finally. Ram has been pushing these out fairly slowly...I have to say it, but you probably just need to be patient.
A short while back, RamCares reached out on this forum to ask who need help getting the FOTA update. See here (and PM them your VIN).
Thanks for you info. That’s definitely help. I tried connect ramcare on this sit but they never respond on me. I may have to ask dealer to do the update for me.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

This is incorrect. USB update works fine on Uconnect5.
Over the air has not worked for me yet
If you know somewhere else that I can download the software. I would give it a try. Thanks.
I have version S23.13 from another member on the forum

Ill copy it from my server and put it in Dropbox, PM me and ill send you the download link.

Put it on the root of a blank USB drive under 32GB formatted as fat32, leave it as a .zip do not extract it.
Insert it into the usb under your radio (not in your center console)
The truck needs to be ON. For some stupid reason you can't trigger the update with the truck in run. I waited 15 minutes for it to pop up and it never did. Started the truck and 15 seconds later it saw it.
It will pop up and say a new update is found and you say yes or proceed (whatever the button says)

It takes a solid 20-30 minutes, you can drive but your radio will not work (music will continue play if it already was) and at 1 point near the end music will stop. If the screen turns off touch it to see what % it is at.

I was driving while I let it run and I didn't have any problems even though half way through I realized it said not to drive LOL.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is incorrect. USB update works fine on Uconnect5.
Over the air has not worked for me yet

I have version S23.13 from another member on the forum

Ill copy it from my server and put it in Dropbox, PM me and ill send you the download link.

Put it on the root of a blank USB drive under 32GB formatted as fat32, leave it as a .zip do not extract it.
Insert it into the usb under your radio (not in your center console)
The truck needs to be ON. For some stupid reason you can't trigger the update with the truck in run. I waited 15 minutes for it to pop up and it never did. Started the truck and 15 seconds later it saw it.
It will pop up and say a new update is found and you say yes or proceed (whatever the button says)

It takes a solid 20-30 minutes, you can drive but your radio will not work (music will continue play if it already was) and at 1 point near the end music will stop. If the screen turns off touch it to see what % it is at.

I was driving while I let it run and I didn't have any problems even though half way through I realized it said not to drive LOL.
Wow! This is the first I’ve heard of a USB update. There are a ton of people who would like to update (here and the 5th Gen forum). I don’t know how you got that, but that’s great.

Edit: I meant here and the TRX forum.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wow! This is the first I’ve heard of a USB update. There are a ton of people who would like to update (here and the 5th Gen forum). I don’t know how you got that, but that’s great.
I'm not sure how the guy before me got it but it works.
I tried using the website and put in a bunch of vins and just says it's up to date. I think it just sees it's a 2022 and assumes...

Just FYI I didn't notice ANYTHING from 21.5 to 23. Not to say something wasn't changed\fixed. I updated it to attempt to get performance pages to stay on consistently but it didn't make a difference.
On the plus side nothing broke, which is more then what I can say for other computer software that update...

I can give the link to anyone who wants it just PM me. It only works on 2022 model years, and likely not on a TRX (but should go on other trims that are 2022 UC5.
I'm not posting the link here as then google search gets it and a million people will download it and the link will just break.

liq001

Reaction score
Indeed, this is the 1st time i know it can be updated by using USB. Thanks so much.

Users who are viewing this thread