5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

System update

Ram_702

Reaction score
Stellantis called me today and said they have found a solution. They are communicating it to my local dear and providing me with a rental car. Besides the actual problem they have been really good communicators, checking in by phone and by email regularly. I’ll let you all know when I get an appointment and the fix
Okay… I should have know better. I’ll keep this brief and factual.

2nd tier support called last week after a couple of months of back and forth and set up a dealer appt for me to fix radio crashes, no weather function, and no traffics updates.

Dropped truck at dealer service on Monday May 16. Dealer called Tuesday May 17 and said file update was so big they were having a hard time downloading. I got a free rental. Jeep Compass with Cali plates. I live in LV. I got the bird 🖕🏼 a lot.

Dealer service Wednesday May 18 said truck was not done because “factory password protected the file download site and wasn’t responding with the information they needed”.

I called factory rep handling my STAR case. I asked him what was the status and the dealer claimed they were waiting on the factory to help. He asked me… true story…wait for it …. “Why did you bring your truck to the dealer?”. I said, “because you called me and made the appt for me for a fix”. Wtf is up with you”. He said “let me get my supervisor”. Then hung up on me. I’ll save the rest for the book…..

Thursday May 19 morning I called and told them I was coming to get my truck. They said they were working on it and not to come in until they call. Got the call 1PM’ish from dealer service saying come get your truck. Not fixed. No changes. They say they were told by factory the “USB inputs were causing a problem with the 12” radio” or to paraphrase “when you plug anything into a USB port (dashcam for me) it disables weather and traffic AND causes radio screen crashes (blacked out).

So yeah. I lost nearly a week of use of my truck with no resolution. Good luck everyone.

Time for a tequila… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Luis

Reaction score
This is incorrect. USB update works fine on Uconnect5.
Over the air has not worked for me yet

I have version S23.13 from another member on the forum

Ill copy it from my server and put it in Dropbox, PM me and ill send you the download link.

Put it on the root of a blank USB drive under 32GB formatted as fat32, leave it as a .zip do not extract it.
Insert it into the usb under your radio (not in your center console)
The truck needs to be ON. For some stupid reason you can't trigger the update with the truck in run. I waited 15 minutes for it to pop up and it never did. Started the truck and 15 seconds later it saw it.
It will pop up and say a new update is found and you say yes or proceed (whatever the button says)

It takes a solid 20-30 minutes, you can drive but your radio will not work (music will continue play if it already was) and at 1 point near the end music will stop. If the screen turns off touch it to see what % it is at.

I was driving while I let it run and I didn't have any problems even though half way through I realized it said not to drive LOL.
hey buddy can i have the software ?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So weird after my last OTA update everything works.

Sparcky

Reaction score
So far it connects to Wireless CarPlay right away. and has not shut down on me yet. No black screen yet either. Have not encountered any issues yet that happened in the past.

Haven't done a lot of driving this past week to really see if its just luck or a fix. Will be doing a fair bit more driving in the next week, so that will be the real test.

So after a bit more seat time, in the last 2 weeks, I have had the screen go black once, and I was not able to reset it as you should be able to by holding the power button. My music was still playing through carplay, but could not change or control anything as it was black. When I turned truck off and back on, it started up again, and has been no black screen since. Dimmer control for the dash/12" screen still makes the screen jump around and reset my carplay once.

Doesn't look like its completely fixed. But not happening as much as before. Possibly software issues fixed, but I may have a hardware issues that is causing the other problems.

Users who are viewing this thread