5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surround view camera usefullness? (How do you use yours?)

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I wish the front view cameras auto sensed when pulling into a spot abs came on automatically.
otherwise, this is a tremendously useful feature with 360 cameras.
Glad I got it this time

jkm312

Reaction score
I like having the surround camera I find it very helpful in tight places to see the clearances, which I get into often enough. I use the mirrors when backing the truck, old truck driver here. Next favorite is the blind spot monitoring. The cruise control is different, you have to learn how the truck is going to respond. We've had it in the car so it wasn't such a jump for me. The automatic braking, eh, its got some more refinement needed. Biggest thing here is to go slow even when you are in your own driveway, even though you've done it a million + times.
They are all just "tools" to enhance everyone's safety, but they are in no way meant to allow you not to pay strict attention and not accept the responsibility of operating a motor vehicle.

Rmazzei

Reaction score
I did that as well. Replaced the rear camera icon with the surround view. Even when you press surround view, if you want the rear view you just press that button once you're in surround view mode. Mucho bettero.
how are you replacing button icons?

Users who are viewing this thread