5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof Lubrication

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I absolutely love my sunroof and use it almost every day on my way to work, I think we have had 4 new cars with sunroofs and two convertibles, not have really given me any issues.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just an update: I got the truck back from the dealer, and they rushed on the job....:confused:

When installing the B pillar trim on the driver's side, they covered up the seat belt...so that was comical, they fixed that before I could leave.

So the next day, I notice the sunshade is very floppy, took me a bit but I figured out it was not in the guides, took me some time but I was actually able to fix it.

The next thing I notice is that the rear portion seems loose/not very tight, could not quite figure out if it was me just imagining it, then I found two bolts in the cup holder......so I think they forgot to install the rear bolts.

Also, the glass alignment is not great, not horrible but it could be better and now I see how it is installed, I think I can easily adjust it.

Very interesting turn of events for sure. At this point, I may never open the sunroof again! :ROFLMAO:
Rushing a job is no excuse for those mistakes. That's just a tech that doesn't care. Mine works flawlessly, and only "issue" I had was some dusty finger prints on headliner that were easily cleaned with a microfiber

My1stHemi

Reaction score
How long is too long for a sunroof to close or open? Is there an acceptable range? Mine takes about 7-8 seconds and it just seemed like it was more lethargic than when the truck was new. Its a little better now that I lubricated the tracks. I first used some lithium spray grease but found better results with some Lucas spray gun oil I had.

Today I stopped by the dealer and got an appointment for them to look at this and the rear window TSB.
In all honesty, I’d rather not have the dealership dismantle my truck for a repair if I don’t absolutely have to.

Users who are viewing this thread