5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sun Visor broken

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
All,
My part from Amazon for some reason is no longer available, per the Amazon site.
But in the last several months, the parts work well with the better screws I purchased from Lowes.
So currently my part is not a valid part to purchase, if it comes back I would highly recommend provided you use the new screws I purchased.

BlueHemi1500

ajasonk

Reaction score
I saw some bad reviews about the Amazon clips so I drew up my own. If anyone here has a 3D printer, feel free to grab this and try it out. There's a passenger and a driver side; the two parts are symmetrical of each other. Open the little flap, remove the original screws (T-20), place the printed bracket and screw back on with the original screws.
I just installed mine; it works; we'll see how it holds.
(this is my first time sharing a Fusion360 drawing. If you have trouble using it, let me know)
I printed your STL in PLA and and now printing in ABS to increase the strength. I did notice on my 2020 that the design is just a tad short, where the mouth opening that actually holds my broken post doesn't quite reach all the way. Are you able to share a Fusion design file directly (not the view-only file currently posted) so I can attempt to increase the length? Thanks a bunch for the design!

jtakapu

Reaction score
Be afraid, be very afraid. :ROFLMAO:
The sun visors were redesigned a couple years ago. I'm pretty sure most 2020 models and newer got the new visors

Both side of my 2022 Ram Rebel broke and one was covered by warranty the other was not. While I was replacing mine another guy pulled up to the service area to say his both on his 2021 Ram 1500. Cost 255 to replace on side ridiculous..

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
First day owning my 2022 I immediately noticed how cheap the sun visors looked compared to my 4th Gens. Absolutely ridiculous for what they charge for these trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread