5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sun Visor broken

Bradleys

Reaction score
From what I can tell this is a pretty common issue on both Jeeps and the Ram Trucks.

The connection to the hinge has broken at the stalk and now it hangs down on the electric cord.

has anyone else experienced this? My truck is a 2019, so I expect this is no longer covered under the standard warranty.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
People have had issues with them, but mostly on 22019 midels. Even if it's not covered, it's not an expensive part to replace. You'll just need to switch everything over to the new visor (mirror, homelink buttons). Someone made a thread a while back about how to disassemble the visors. You might want to search on that.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm afraid to even use my sun visors after seeing all the posts about the plastic breaking!
The visor on my Nissan Frontier broke after a few years of use, but it didn't scare me away from using it. Visors get used frequently and it has a plastic hinge, so there's a chance it will eventually break. Some people are pretty rough on their visors, especially when they unclip them to block the sun from the side window. I am actually surprised they last as long as they do with the abuse I've seen.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone could make a few bucks if they could make these with a 3D printer.

Titanup

Reaction score
Mine broke and was hanging by the cord. It lost its power. Took it in and they fixed it. I took it in 2 weeks after my 3 year warranty expired. They still covered it. They said it's been a known issue.

They also had to tighten a loose nut on the sway bar that was making popping noises.

2019 ram rebel

mrzadjali

Reaction score
Mine just got broken too and just after finished its warranty!!! Dealer costs around 250 $ for the part and installation ! Model 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matttt

Reaction score
mine is loose( from the handle side ), im trying to fix it but not sure how, found nothing on You tube

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not surprising. The sun visors on the 5th Gens seem very cheap in comparison to the 4th Gens. I was shocked by how flimsy they feel.

DVYRAY

Reaction score
From what I can tell this is a pretty common issue on both Jeeps and the Ram Trucks.

The connection to the hinge has broken at the stalk and now it hangs down on the electric cord.

has anyone else experienced this? My truck is a 2019, so I expect this is no longer covered under the standard warranty.
Mine broke last night. What a POS. When I removed it to see if I could pull a MacGyver, I could not believe how cheap it was!! Has anyone had any luck with them replacing it free of charge? Only have just under 3 years but 49k miles. I am sure they will pull the old "out of warranty" move!

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine broke last night. What a POS. When I removed it to see if I could pull a MacGyver, I could not believe how cheap it was!! Has anyone had any luck with them replacing it free of charge? Only have just under 3 years but 49k miles. I am sure they will pull the old "out of warranty" move!
My truck was out of warranty for the SECOND replacement so I guess it depends on the dealer.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
Mine broke a couple months ago. I'm still under warranty so it was replaced for free. Only took 30 minutes for them to get the truck in and replace it.

Sent from my KFTRPWI using Tapatalk

JaxDomino

Reaction score
Mine broke on my 2020 Laramie. I don't even want to deal with the dealer after them telling me that FCA wouldn't cover my leaking rear window being 2K out of warranty. They wanted almost $2000! I'm not paying them to fix the same issue I had on my 2017! Now this! Seriously considering NOT getting the REV!

JaxDomino

Reaction score
People have had issues with them, but mostly on 22019 midels. Even if it's not covered, it's not an expensive part to replace. You'll just need to switch everything over to the new visor (mirror, homelink buttons). Someone made a thread a while back about how to disassemble the visors. You might want to search on that.
This one doesn't look like it has the Homelink. Anyone buy this one and knows if it does?

FirstRam2020

Reaction score
Mine broke on my 2020 Laramie. I don't even want to deal with the dealer after them telling me that FCA wouldn't cover my leaking rear window being 2K out of warranty. They wanted almost $2000! I'm not paying them to fix the same issue I had on my 2017! Now this! Seriously considering NOT getting the REV!
My 2020 Limited one broke too, passenger side which nobody uses the majority of the time. Will have to add it to the list of issues for them to look at for warranty claims (multifunction tailgate won't open in the split way, Ramboxes need alignment, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread