5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sun Visor broken

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Mine just broke the other day. Driving on the freeway and had it to the side to block the setting sun. it suddenly became loose and started hitting me in the head I kept pushing it away, and it kepy swinging back into me. I began to fold it back up, but it wouldn't catch or stay in any position, except blocking my view.

I figured out it was the pivot, so I needed both hands to get it back up and out of my eyes while I was going 70. Needless to say, I'm sure I almost caused a few wrecks.

Mine is a late-build '22 Laramie, so it probably goes without saying the problem never got addressed.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like I'm glad I rarely ever move mine. Dark tint and sunglasses

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Somewhere on these forums I saw information about a third party "clip" that reinforces the visor pivot mount. Of course it may be a little late to the game if you've already broken it, but might be something to consider when going back together.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Somewhere on these forums I saw information about a third party "clip" that reinforces the visor pivot mount. Of course it may be a little late to the game if you've already broken it, but might be something to consider when going back together.
The clip is also a "fix" for after it breaks

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wires literally frayed until they eventually just completely fell out on driver side. I got a brand new one for $100 from a Mopar dealer in S.C. plugged right in.

Still need a passenger one.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought some of these clips pre-emptively to stop mine from breaking. So far so good.

Can you describe how these install? Maybe take a picture? Their instructions say to put in one screw and rotate it into place, but that doesn't look like possible geometry from their pictures, which also show two screws rather than one. And another part that may be a spacer. So I'm seeking clarification.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's an eBay listing for same things with better pictures of installation. Also cheaper price.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's an eBay listing for same things with better pictures of installation. Also cheaper price.

Yeah, so here's their instructions:
"Remove the factory "outside" screw next to the sunshade pillar,
Install the clip, screw it in to capture the strap on the sunshade pillar and tighten it"
That's one screw, right?

So here's their picture:
$_57.JPG
Anyone beside me see two screws?

And where does that other piece go? Spacer underneath, maybe? If so, why don't they mention it?

I dunno, this might be a perfectly good product, but it seems to me that there is something horribly wrong, or major parts missing from their instructions. I'm hoping someone has actually installed these and/or can clarify.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, so here's their instructions:
"Remove the factory "outside" screw next to the sunshade pillar,
Install the clip, screw it in to capture the strap on the sunshade pillar and tighten it"
That's one screw, right?

So here's their picture:
View attachment 160797
Anyone beside me see two screws?

And where does that other piece go? Spacer underneath, maybe? If so, why don't they mention it?

I dunno, this might be a perfectly good product, but it seems to me that there is something horribly wrong, or major parts missing from their instructions. I'm hoping someone has actually installed these and/or can clarify.
Looks like a spacer that goes under the larger piece.
Screenshot_20230613-114206.png

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have these clips but haven't installed them yet. Pic below is the actual instructions that came with it. You remove the cover and the spacer takes its place.

Cover (closed)
Picture2.jpg

Actual instructions that came with clips
Picture1.jpg

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have these clips but haven't installed them yet. Pic below is the actual instructions that came with it. You remove the cover and the spacer takes its place.

Cover (closed)
View attachment 160829

Actual instructions that came with clips
View attachment 160830

There we go! Now that makes sense, thank you very much! (y)

/begin rant
Why couldn't they have put that information in their eBay and Amazon listings, instead of the BS that they did? 🤷‍♂️ I don't like to be negative, but what they listed is just plain horribly incorrect and confusing. 😖 And what's with the blow-off email they sent telling me not to buy it? 😡 Someone in Taccom's sales force needs badly to be reassigned to menial work where they can't do any damage. 🤡
/end rant

So, as in the past, count on the forum for real, usable information. 😁

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Buyer Beware! It seems that the Chineese have targeted this product to flood the market. There appears to be one or two sources of these selling under a multitude of user names on eBay and Amazon with confusing and misleading advertising. I'm not even sure about the Taccom people. I give up on this one, not spending any more time. 🤷‍♂️

keisur

Reaction score
Be afraid, be very afraid. :ROFLMAO:
The sun visors were redesigned a couple years ago. I'm pretty sure most 2020 models and newer got the new visors.
No sir. Mines a 2020 and just now up and broke right now while sitting in a parking lot.

Attachments

• 20230712_193805.jpg
    20230712_193805.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 31

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No sir. Mines a 2020 and just now up and broke right now while sitting in a parking lot.
This is why I'm glad I don't use my sun visors. Tinted windshield FTW

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday the passenger side broke. This is about as useless a design as you could possibly produce. Did they really think that cheap plastic would hold up? Used the ebay cheap chinese plastic ones for now. They seem to be strong enough to support the hinge.

Attachments

• IMG_7033.jpg
    IMG_7033.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7034.jpg
    IMG_7034.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread