5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Successful Upgrade - 2022 8.4 Uconnect 5 with NAV to 12 Uconnect 5 [with pictures]

edva

Reaction score
hi all am trying to do a radio upgrade on my ram1500 from a 8.4 nav to 12inch any advice

Synner

Reaction score
hi all am trying to do a radio upgrade on my ram1500 from a 8.4 nav to 12inch any advice
everything you will need can be found on this or other threads. people are pretty helpful here but take some time and read these. all steps, part numbers and everything needed can be found here. looks really nice once done and makes a big difference in the interior of the truck!

PapiJr

Reaction score
Thank you Rbusbee for creating a new thread. Like the OP I had a 2022 Bighorn with 8.4" screen, Uconnect 5 with Navigation. I just completed this upgrade today. Parts came in and I was able to complete this in about an hour. The parts I used were:

68526597AC Center Stack Controls.

6511127AA Screws. But these did not fit. I had to get 6104172AA.

6EZ155X9AE Bezel. This had the carbon fiber look on the top (Mine originally had a grey pattern on the top but I like this one much better).

Alpha OBD change - Cabin Net: ICS Integrated Center Stack set to Disabled.

I ordered my Bezel and it did not come with a rubber mat so I need to souce this part. After everyting was installed, I made the one change in Alpha OBD. When I started my car, the screen did not come up. I shut the truck off and it turned on without issue. Seems like this is a known issue. I tested everyting and this works as it should.

I changed those settings and it still doesn’t seem to want to work for me….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synner

Reaction score
I changed those settings and it still doesn’t seem to want to work for me….

I had to change these for mine to work
Make sure to do both here and it should work fine

Cab Net ICS integrated center stack = Disabled.

Cabin Net DCSD display screen module = Enabled.

PapiJr

Reaction score
I have uconnect 4 19-21 so apparently I need to repin wires or the custom harness adapter. Jimmy07 is shipping me one. I also need to change those same settings

Edweirdooook

Reaction score

Any chance you could provide Screenshots, i changed everything out, Radio and everything works, only thing that doesn’t are the Volume/ Tune knock and mute button/ screen off button, everything else seems to work. Thanks !

PapiJr

Reaction score

Changed the settings & the new harness made the knobs work but the screen still won’t turn on.

Aymen2h

Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted previously here and I finally got around into installing the 12” screen, followed all the instruction with AlfaOBD(the 2 settings). Everything works great like intended.

However, the issue I’m running to, is the screen won’t automatically turn on when I start the truck. I have to manually push the power button (left knob) to turn it on.

Did anyone run into this issue before? Is there maybe a change in AlfaOBD I need to make?

Any advice is appreciated it!

Synner

Reaction score
Changed the settings & the new harness made the knobs work but the screen still won’t turn on.

follow this document and all should work out. If you installed it all correctly and did the security bypass correctly etc etc. changing the settings listed here should get it all working correctly. IF you still have issues then message JIMMY07 here, he is the RAM GOD so to speak around here with this stuff!!

Synner

Reaction score
Any chance you could provide Screenshots, i changed everything out, Radio and everything works, only thing that doesn’t are the Volume/ Tune knock and mute button/ screen off button, everything else seems to work. Thanks !
Steps for upgrade follow this link and do what it shows exactly and you should be set!

RedPhantom77

Reaction score
So got the new module today. The picture of it is attached below and what is circled is something my current non nav module doesn’t have (also pictured) so there’s no wiring for it. Every video I’ve seen has something attaching to this. Is it fine to leave unplugged? I just don’t want to get everything in there for it not to work because of that.

I also got the necessary adapter harnesses from Jimmy
I have a 2022 Ram 2500hd Laramie, with the 8.4 in non nav, going to 12in display, I have the bezel,display and got the aux switches, and my 8.4 display plugs the big ones looks exactly like yours in the pic ,what is the part number needed for the Radio module and Harness adapter to make it work together

2Wheelz

Reaction score
For $hits and giggles....do a factory reset and then a radio only reset and let it rest overnight. When I did mine..i let it sit for awhile until everything synced up to the new equipment. Also let us know if you get the "Dashboard" menus when you select vehicle. In that tab, you'll see offroad performance and trailer icons. On mine, I loose those icons after a few days.
Also, where did you order the module? I can't find them anywhere

Last edited:

RedPhantom77

Reaction score
I'm almost there with the upgrade done just need a few more parts radio module and cables .

Attachments

• 20231121_164234.jpg
    20231121_164234.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 62

Tonycat82

Reaction score
Have a 23 ram bighorn eco diesel crew cab 4x4 with the uc 5 8.4 non nav. Upgrading the 12 inch screen but want nav. I have all the part numbers besides the one for the module. What is the part number for the uc 5 nav module?

Not sure if it is 68583505AD or 68504644AF or something different.

Thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread