5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subscriptions for the Infotainment

bratesrule

Reaction score
So it happened. I have owned the truck for a year now and now i need to subscribe to EVERYTHING. Cellular, Sirius radio, some Sirus for Uconnect thing, and also another one for Nav? Am i missing any? This would get costly.
What is everyone else doing with this? I am thinking maybe just keep Cellular, because i have a data cap on my cell, but the wifi off of the Cellular is pretty crappie where i am.

What is the best suggestion?

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Trials eventually end . . . . You need to ask YOURSELF (not us) if those services were useful to you, and whether you'd continue to use them on a PAY basis.

Only you can answer that.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I would have even noticed service for the uconnect app expiring if I hadn't gotten a dozen emails about it before hand. I think I used the remote start on that app one time in the year I had it. Now my sirusxm is a different story. I use that a lot, and made sure to transfer my subscription from my old truck when I bought this one. If it's something you'll miss than you might want to continue it. But like Greg said, only you can answer that.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My XM services ended last month, really haven’t needed them while I had them, and Sirius keeps sending me discounted rate specials. Sirius radio is the only thing I renew regularly. Most other stuff, like Nav, I’ll use Waze through Android Auto.
If you can, wait a bit, you will begin to see the offers rolling in, and you can make a decision then. Good luck!👍

bratesrule

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses. I was just looking for others opinions on the subscriptions. Maybe just a different point of view.

Cgflier

Reaction score
I'm guessing most of you know this by now regarding sirius but I'll post it for those who might be interested. Do not sign up for auto renewal. You will get an invoice in the mail for your subscription at the regular rate which for me was $353 a year with taxes. I call them up every year and say the price is outrageous and ask for a promotional rate. I get it every year for $142 after tax. Also they offer a 25% discount to military, retirees, and veterans.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm guessing most of you know this by now regarding sirius but I'll post it for those who might be interested. Do not sign up for auto renewal. You will get an invoice in the mail for your subscription at the regular rate which for me was $353 a year with taxes. I call them up every year and say the price is outrageous and ask for a promotional rate. I get it every year for $142 after tax. Also they offer a 25% discount to military, retirees, and veterans.
Sirius XM or Sirius Guardian?

Cgflier

Reaction score
Haven't gotten my truck yet so platinum sirius

Cgflier

Reaction score
I apologize for any confusion. I'm new to the site.

Users who are viewing this thread