5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sub woofer

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Hey all
Newbie here , I am trying to access the sub woofer in my 2019 Limited. Anyone have any ideas.
Thanks

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All I know is it moved to behind the rear seat back... no idea how it's installed or removed. Someone here had re-engineered his rear seat and would probably have a lot of advice. Quick search should find his thread.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Your gonna need a metric 10 point socket and a 18mm socket to get the back seat out. I just pulled mine yesterday

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I went ahead with the rear seat removal, thanks Jamesfg for the info on that used poly fill in the sub box . initial impression ,the lows seem to be a bit cleaner and and better defination which is what I was after. I also noticed a little tidbit I will pass on. The rear seat will fold down. If you put the seat in the recline position there will be enough room to get your hand behind the seat. Once there feel about for a string-rope to pull it opens the latch which locks the seat in the upright position. I attached a longer pull cord on mine to make it easier to grab. a nice thing to know helps when cleaning the back window .

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went ahead with the rear seat removal, thanks Jamesfg for the info on that used poly fill in the sub box . initial impression ,the lows seem to be a bit cleaner and and better defination which is what I was after. I also noticed a little tidbit I will pass on. The rear seat will fold down. If you put the seat in the recline position there will be enough room to get your hand behind the seat. Once there feel about for a string-rope to pull it opens the latch which locks the seat in the upright position. I attached a longer pull cord on mine to make it easier to grab. a nice thing to know helps when cleaning the back window .

Great tip! Is the release on both rear seats?

RichRios

Reaction score
Could you post a pic of it? Thanks

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1500sub.JPG
It looks about the size of the entire back of the passenger rear seat.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
That pic is a bit decieving, The box where the woofer is mounted is about 3 inches deep. The width is approx. 14 inches across and the height is appox. 18-20 with a little protrusion at the bottom which appears to be for mounthing purposes. To answer your question not much fill is needed. I am not sure how to gage that. I used poly fill from a standard sized bed pillow and had enough left over to do 3 more like it.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Maybe someone who is more audio savy could answer this question, I have not seen a subwoofer with the same design as the one in tis Ram, It is a shallow stance less than three inches high and does not have a traditional cage with magnet on the back. It appears that the magnet is sandwiched between two moving surfaces. I really should have taken pics. But I thought I would be able to google it for more information. So far my searches have come up empty.

sswails1

Reaction score
Probably no different then all the other 10” vehicle HK woofers on eBay.

Ekacboon

Reaction score
good to know about the release cord!
It's a stock shallow mount subwoofer
I have never liked any shallow subwoofer they are Boing Boing and no boom. no hard hitting bass at all

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
good to know about the release cord!
It's a stock shallow mount subwoofer
I have never liked any shallow subwoofer they are Boing Boing and no boom. no hard hitting bass at all
Apparently Ram engineers realized any thing that went "Boom" would shake these 5th Gen trucks apart! :LOL:

Rayzram

Reaction score

**EDIT** Found it. Was easy once I put the center armrest down and reclined the seat, went through the armrest opening and found it right away. ......
I have to admit. Been all over my seats top to bottom, laying down looking with a mirror, everything I can and I yet to have found this string to make them lay down. They will recline, seat bottom flips up, but if you are saying the seat back lays down I certainly cannot figure that one out.

Last edited:

jamesfg

Reaction score
Polyfill will to the speaker give the illusion of a bigger box. Dont ask me how I've used poly in boxes before were room is at a premium. I'd put it in the crevices and give it a good crater area to put the sub back in.

There is no science to this it's all about trial and error.

IA_Dawg

Reaction score
I can't find the string to release the seats either. Does anyone have a picture of this string?

Thanks

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Here you go. The actual string is the black portion I attached an extension to make it easier to reach. It helps to put the center armrest down and reach in through there ie.. more room. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_4977.JPG
    IMG_4977.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 845
  • IMG_4978.JPG
    IMG_4978.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 825

Users who are viewing this thread