5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming features no longer work

W9MCP

Reaction score
My radio updated last night and today all of my streaming features work again!

Would you mind sharing software versions?

Does your voice search work?

Can you tune to channel 705?

Thanks!

W9MCP

Reaction score
As of lunchtime today, after getting a call from Sirius to follow up, I have an updated ticket #, so hopefully someone who knows what this system actually is will call with some sort of info. Didn’t talk with the 360L team, but the CSR understood the issues once I had her watch the video :)

MachoDonut

Reaction score
Called the number to the “360L” team. They have no idea what that is and say streaming is only on mobile devices.
Amazing......

W9MCP

Reaction score
I got a follow up call from someone who at least knew that streaming was a thing but they’ve escalated it, possibly to the Canada team.

As a short cut, you can ask anyone who calls you to look at this link to the *SiriusXM Website* about our system...

https://bit.ly/2BdGr1f

scola77

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I switched back to dealer demo mode and was, briefly, able to use streaming. I wonder if this is more of an account issue then a software/firmware/hardware issue....?

BernieR

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First post here.

For everyone here who is having issues ( like almost always starting up at channel #1 and ect. ) when you go to the SirusXM settings menu, and at the top of that menu does it have a button to "subscribe" OR does it look like this reviewers screen at minute 2:21 at this youtube vid:
that shows how many days left in the subscription ? ( in the video it says " your trial expires in 289 days"
Mine has the issues, no streaming, and has the subscribe button NOT the number of days remaining.
thanks, Bernie

Hunts99

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First post here.

For everyone here who is having issues ( like almost always starting up at channel #1 and ect. ) when you go to the SirusXM settings menu, and at the top of that menu does it have a button to "subscribe" OR does it look like this reviewers screen at minute 2:21 at this youtube vid:
that shows how many days left in the subscription ? ( in the video it says " your trial expires in 289 days"
Mine has the issues, no streaming, and has the subscribe button NOT the number of days remaining.
thanks, Bernie
Mine also has the "subscribe" vs. days remaining...I just tried signing in online to XM so we will see is there is a change once I get back in the truck.

scola77

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First post here.

thanks, Bernie

I see the subscribe button.

BernieR

Reaction score
Just an update here! The number to call for SirusXM where they know about the 360L program is 855-290-6593

cheers,

Bernie

W9MCP

Reaction score
FYI: As of this AM, no streaming, etc... but!

Got my OTA update notice tonight as I got home from a 35 minute drive; parked the truck and left it in the driveway for an hour. Went for it, and put it into accessory/on without starting it, to be cautious. Streaming is back, voice search is working, and it lists listener history. Turned it back off, waited a couple minutes, and then jumped back in and started it up ‘as normal’ (and so I could get dinner). Worked perfectly.

So, something is being rolled out, and it made everything work on mine. TravelLink still works, so it didn’t break that, so far. I’ll see how everything is tomorrow after it sits overnight.

MachoDonut

Reaction score
Update: Parked at work yesterday AM and got an OTA notification. Let it install while at work and streaming content was working again afterwards.

BernieR

Reaction score
ok,

SirusXM corporate solutions called me and acknowledged that they are aware of this issue with multiple complaints and are working on a solution....

Jobrater

Reaction score
Some questions for clarification please: Does everyone have Sirius 360L by default or is it being rolled out now? And is it determined by hardware only or hardware and software? I read the website where the 2019s were the first vehicles to have it but my Limited, September 24th build, October 31st dealer delivery to me, has never had the working Sirius voice search, which Sirius told me is a 360L ONLY function. (The Mopar site tells me by VIN that my software is up to date as of an hour ago.) Sirius confirms that my account is all squared away and that my radio, by serial number, is a 360L. After a couple of "refreshes", I'm getting the blue SUBSCRIBE touch button even though my subcription is active. I also get a few seconds of "preview" Sirius on start up , sometimes. Sirius says it's a dealer issue and to check what they call a Satellite Module . I think they made that up to get me off the phone. I have a service appt in a couple of hours but I have low expectations of my dealer knowing anything about it.

W9MCP

Reaction score
This is just based on my experience, but that matched yours until I got the update, yesterday.

If you have a 2019 1500 w/ 12” screen, and issues with no streaming, no voice search, and no listener history, and do see the subscribe button with no “remaining days” at the top, you’re almost certainly not up to date with the newest OTA being pushed. Once you have the update, it’ll show the number of days remaining in orange above the button location, and streaming and voice search should work.

I can grab photos of the new software versions if needed, and I have pics of my software version screens from before the OTA.

Jobrater

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I had "regular" Sirius on the Ram I traded in and they, Sirius gave me credit on the new Ram after to trial period, for the time left. The Subscribe button doesn't show any days left , maybe that's why?? I have not tried the streaming or listener history, maybe they don't work either. the voice search I've tried repeatedly and it never works. (I do have the 12" screen on a 2019 Limited). I went out to the Mopar site earlier today and entered the VIN and the site returned the message that I was up to date. Can you initiate the update ??

scola77

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I had "regular" Sirius on the Ram I traded in and they, Sirius gave me credit on the new Ram after to trial period, for the time left. The Subscribe button doesn't show any days left , maybe that's why?? I have not tried the streaming or listener history, maybe they don't work either. the voice search I've tried repeatedly and it never works. (I do have the 12" screen on a 2019 Limited). I went out to the Mopar site earlier today and entered the VIN and the site returned the message that I was up to date. Can you initiate the update ??

I am in the same boat as you. Streaming has never worked, and my Limited is a 10/16 MFG date. I also have the blue subscribe button that you see. I am starting to wonder if this is more of an account issue instead of a software one. I was a previous subscriber and added the radio to my account over the phone, instead of through the uconnect screen. I tried to unpair my account with the unconnect to see if a new account would fix the problem, but the rep told me I would lose my free trial if I did. This is a no go for me!

The reason I believe this is because a few days ago I put the radio back into dealer demo mode. When I did, I briefly was able to access all of the streaming channels. Now, it didn't last long and I have been unable to replicate this, but this shows me it can work (and will work) under the right circumstances.

Jobrater

Reaction score
I've left it at the service department so l'll see what they say. At least I'm not the only one.

W9MCP

Reaction score
Yes, it’s an account issue, but it’s both how the account is setup & pushes are working with the software, according to the last call I had with them. Ie, if they push the account setup in certain ways those features work, but not others, so, turning on X feature kills Y feature (steaming, etc). This is why when the radios comes upon demo mode or get a reset push, they may work temporarily. The OTA update is what they said should resolve these issues. It did for me, in that when I got the truck at first the streaming worked but not some of the other features, and when the push came for the TravelLink etc the streaming was disabled due to some sort of incompatibility between them (no details on how, from the person I spoke with). OTA came through, and now both TravelLink and Streaming (and voice search, etc) work, and the countdown timer on my account is working.

Jobrater

Reaction score
I passed this info on to the Service Writer. He seemed willing to research the issue. I showed him the issues and he photographed the screen. He'd called earlier to say he could get the search function to work thru the steering voice command feature so maybe he will make progress. Thanks for the information.

BernieR

Reaction score
Yes, it’s an account issue, but it’s both how the account is setup & pushes are working with the software, according to the last call I had with them. Ie, if they push the account setup in certain ways those features work, but not others, so, turning on X feature kills Y feature (steaming, etc). This is why when the radios comes upon demo mode or get a reset push, they may work temporarily. The OTA update is what they said should resolve these issues. It did for me, in that when I got the truck at first the streaming worked but not some of the other features, and when the push came for the TravelLink etc the streaming was disabled due to some sort of incompatibility between them (no details on how, from the person I spoke with). OTA came through, and now both TravelLink and Streaming (and voice search, etc) work, and the countdown timer on my account is working.

Did the countdown timer start at 365???

Users who are viewing this thread