5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming features no longer work

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
I took my truck to the dealer to have a new key fob programmed. On the way home I noticed they two of my presets were grayed out and couldn't be selected (channels in the 7xx range that are streaming only). The "related" button is also grayed out, so I can't browse the content like Howard stern episodes, etc. I've also noticed that about every other time I get in the truck it is tuned to SXM1, but can be changed to the channel I was listening to. The dealer has no idea how it could be related. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Tjd

Reaction score
My streaming stations stopped working a couple days ago too. There is an OTA radio update pending for this afternoon was going to wait to see if that fixes it.

Joker4L

Reaction score
My streaming stations stopped working a couple days ago too. There is an OTA radio update pending for this afternoon was going to wait to see if that fixes it.

How do you know there is a OTA update due today?

Tjd

Reaction score
How do you know there is a OTA update due today?
Hi radio had an update available but needed truck off and parked for 40 min. There was an option to schedule the update which I did for tonight. So tomorrow will see what changes. If streaming still not working I'll have to call Sirius but last time I spoke with them their Customer service people seemed to not understand the 360l in car streaming, they kept thinking I was talking about phone app. Kinda frustrating. It's been several months so hopefully they had some training.

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
Hi radio had an update available but needed truck off and parked for 40 min. There was an option to schedule the update which I did for tonight. So tomorrow will see what changes. If streaming still not working I'll have to call Sirius but last time I spoke with them their Customer service people seemed to not understand the 360l in car streaming, they kept thinking I was talking about phone app. Kinda frustrating. It's been several months so hopefully they had some training.
How long have you had your truck? Just curious if this is a new update, or perhaps an older one that you're just now seeing because it's a new truck.

MachoDonut

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Last weekend, my streaming channels just became unavailable and those on the presets bar were greyed out. However, if a satellite channel has its signal blocked, it will let me stream over the internet.
The streaming channels are available on my mobile devices.

Joker4L

Reaction score
I don’t think I ever used the streaming feature. My station is always on hits 1 when satellite is on.

taff

Reaction score
My SiriusXM defaults back to channel 1 from time to time too. Also 12" screen.

Mine does this too. Pretty much every time I start up I get a few seconds of channel 1, it can vary exactly how long. Most of the time it does go back to whatever I was listening to last but occasionally it stays on 1 and I have to reselect the channel.

fact mechanic

Reaction score
Mine does this too. Pretty much every time I start up I get a few seconds of channel 1, it can vary exactly how long. Most of the time it does go back to whatever I was listening to last but occasionally it stays on 1 and I have to reselect the channel.
Same. Started happening a few days ago.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took my truck to the dealer to have a new key fob programmed. On the way home I noticed they two of my presets were grayed out and couldn't be selected (channels in the 7xx range that are streaming only). The "related" button is also grayed out, so I can't browse the content like Howard stern episodes, etc. I've also noticed that about every other time I get in the truck it is tuned to SXM1, but can be changed to the channel I was listening to. The dealer has no idea how it could be related. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Yes if you had a new fob programmed and the presets are not defaulting back I would go back through the process of associating the fob to the memory. You can associate a fob with driver one and the other with 2. So could be the fobs got rearranged or something.

WilderJ

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with default to channel 1 ...I called Sirius they said all new vehicles do that now....had some questions about 360l service yesterday called Sirius the person I talked to said they have no such service..got to supervisor who read from a script. Called today because travel link weather not populate map...sad story about their wireless service and that traffic and weather is not real time could take up to 15 min....the last two rental cars have been Durango’s no issue with travel link weather maps worked perfect...
Any one having issues with travel link on 12”?
Uconnect app is ridiculous have been using Mopar.com works fine. Very little chance that I would pay for any additional Sirius services other than radio once trial is over....

Tjd

Reaction score
How long have you had your truck? Just curious if this is a new update, or perhaps an older one that you're just now seeing because it's a new truck.

Mine is one of the first builds , I’ve had it since March. This will be the second OTA update I believe. Will see what changed later this morning.

Tjd

Reaction score
That has been my experience with Sirius support too. They know nothing about 360 service. However my maps, traffic data and travel link services are working. Just no steaming now. My vehicle health report however has never worked in uconnect app or web. Tried working with Sirius same issues with lack of understanding.

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
Mine is one of the first builds , I’ve had it since March. This will be the second OTA update I believe. Will see what changed later this morning.
I'm looking forward to hearing about the changes (if any) that you notice. I haven't gotten a notification for an OTA yet (other than the one I got when I first picked up the truck).

Tjd

Reaction score
Well I can’t tell if anything has changed other than loosing presets. Doesn’t sound any different and streaming still not working. Here are the software versions now.

Attachments

• 3662F7B1-94A1-4A8D-A6F8-11E810436E1E.jpeg
    3662F7B1-94A1-4A8D-A6F8-11E810436E1E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
Well I can’t tell if anything has changed other than loosing presets. Doesn’t sound any different and streaming still not working. Here are the software versions now.
Boo. It sucks that it didn't fix the streaming issue. I guess I'm a little glad to hear that it isn't just me that is having the issue because that means it probably was just a coincidence that it happened when the dealer programmed the key fob. It's very odd that the issue starting affecting all of us around the same time though.

How do you get to the system information screen to show the software versions?

Tjd

Reaction score
Boo. It sucks that it didn't fix the streaming issue. I guess I'm a little glad to hear that it isn't just me that is having the issue because that means it probably was just a coincidence that it happened when the dealer programmed the key fob. It's very odd that the issue starting affecting all of us around the same time though.

How do you get to the system information screen to show the software versions?

ya.. I guess I will have to call Sirius .. not going to be fun .. To get into that mode, when in the radio mode, press the 2 outer buttons on the lower screen for about 5 seconds. This enters system mode and you can pick a number of options. The process may already be posted on this forum, if not I will take a couple pics later and post how to do this.

Tjd

Reaction score
Well good news .. Streaming channels are back . Not 100% sure but even the regular channels sound better. Hard to tell. I haven't had the amp update done yet so I can't compare.

Joker4L

Reaction score
Well good news .. Streaming channels are back . Not 100% sure but even the regular channels sound better. Hard to tell. I haven't had the amp update done yet so I can't compare.

So what exactly did you do??

Users who are viewing this thread