5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming features no longer work

Hunts99

Reaction score
According to another thread (here), I have the most current versions of everything (I have the same versions as the screen shots posted there), checking the Sirius XM website says I am current. I am still having the following issues....ugh....None of them are deal breakers, but just annoyances at this point:
  1. I have tried setting up the XM Travel Link favorites...I have all the favorites set in there, but in the "card" on the split screen for Sports, none of my favs show up
  2. For setting up the XM "users" I have both me and my wife as listeners. I cannot switch from her to me, clicks and then reverts back to her profile
    1. This could be only allowing one change per vehicle start (It sporadically changes when I try....but once every 20 or so times or a lot more)
    2. Also, what does adding listeners do? It doesn't seem to remember my listening habits etc. like it says it will online from XM
  3. I tried to listen to the live sports broadcast for an NBA game a few nights ago using the search feature on XM and nothing happened
    1. e.g. dead air
  4. The voice search is not working
  5. Still have the big blue subscribe button with no countdown date
It seems from reading this thread that the update apparently fixed a lot of these issues. I guess I am confused since there are a few threads on the update in parallel and that things that I am experiencing still shouldn't be there.

Any way to try to "force" the check / update that I can do on my own?

Spe1996

Reaction score
I just got my new ram with the, 12.1 uconnect last weekend. Of course the streaming and other 360L features are not working. It seems like the issue is the radios inability to connect to the internet. Does any one know if the internet is coming from SiriusXM or if it's coming part of the Sirius Guardian?

scola77

Reaction score
I just got my new ram with the, 12.1 uconnect last weekend. Of course the streaming and other 360L features are not working. It seems like the issue is the radios inability to connect to the internet. Does any one know if the internet is coming from SiriusXM or if it's coming part of the Sirius Guardian?
I am not certain, but I am using guardian and streaming for me doesn’t work. And I am also running the latest radio updates.

scola77

Reaction score
According to another thread (here), I have the most current versions of everything (I have the same versions as the screen shots posted there), checking the Sirius XM website says I am current. I am still having the following issues....ugh....None of them are deal breakers, but just annoyances at this point:
  1. I have tried setting up the XM Travel Link favorites...I have all the favorites set in there, but in the "card" on the split screen for Sports, none of my favs show up
  2. For setting up the XM "users" I have both me and my wife as listeners. I cannot switch from her to me, clicks and then reverts back to her profile
    1. This could be only allowing one change per vehicle start (It sporadically changes when I try....but once every 20 or so times or a lot more)
    2. Also, what does adding listeners do? It doesn't seem to remember my listening habits etc. like it says it will online from XM
  3. I tried to listen to the live sports broadcast for an NBA game a few nights ago using the search feature on XM and nothing happened
    1. e.g. dead air
  4. The voice search is not working
  5. Still have the big blue subscribe button with no countdown date
It seems from reading this thread that the update apparently fixed a lot of these issues. I guess I am confused since there are a few threads on the update in parallel and that things that I am experiencing still shouldn't be there.

Any way to try to "force" the check / update that I can do on my own?

I am not sure, but our issue seems to be different than the ones others are discussing here. They had streaming before, it stopped working, and an update brought it back. Ours has never worked and our vehicles shipped with the updates. I still think it is something account related, but I can’t get anyone at SXM competent enough to really troubleshoot it.

BernieR

Reaction score
I am not sure, but our issue seems to be different than the ones others are discussing here. They had streaming before, it stopped working, and an update brought it back. Ours has never worked and our vehicles shipped with the updates. I still think it is something account related, but I can’t get anyone at SXM competent enough to really troubleshoot it.

Yeah I think you are right. Mine is an October build too. 360L never has worked. I wonder if they deleted the trial account completely and made a new account and started the trail if it would fix the problem. At least SirusXM corporate must be aware of the issue by now as multiple escalated complaints have accumulated.

Bernie

Jobrater

Reaction score
Update. My truck is still at the dealer. Service writer said tech has initiated I think he said, a "STAR" request or such and has been in contact with FCA engineers who requested additional information and photos which the dealer provided.

BernieR

Reaction score
Adding an update to this issue. I brought my truck in to RAM service a few days ago. Tech duplicated the SirusXM issue. This is what he wrote on the service ticket, "Contacted STAR for assistance and got no response. No known fix or service information for this concern is available at this time"

Nice!

Spe1996

Reaction score
My streaming hadn't worked since I received my Laramie. The build date was early November so it came with the latest software which I even confirmed with the service department at the dealer who connected the truck up to the reader to confirm.

Out of the blue it started working last night. I noticed SXM channel 30 now worked and so did the search function. After a successful search the results included streaming stations which also worked.

Nothing changed on the truck and I haven't called SXM since the truck was new.

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
Mine has come and gone a couple times since my original post about it. It comes back on its own each time. Last time I read about it there was a lot of people with the issue at the same time. I wonder if the issue is on the SXM side, and not with the truck?

BernieR

Reaction score
Hello All,
Had my Limited in for other issues AND the Sirus XM Preview and no 360L issue. As for XM issue dealer tech wrote:
"STAR AND ENGINEERING AND SXM ARE AWARE OF THIS ISSUE. THEY ARE WORKING ON AN OVER-THE-AIR RADIO UPDATE TO FIX. EXPECTED TO LAUNCH AT THE END OF FEBRUARY"

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/