5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stiffer Springs

wiendog

Reaction score
I went through 3 months with the dealers ,FCA reps replacing and recalibrating every sensor.Finnally FCA took my Mopar lift back off.Returned to stock no issues .I now have a Ready lift 2 inch front top hat spacer there UCA's and a 2 inch rear spacer with no issues. The Mopar lifts do not work on some trucks.And FCA can not really explain.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No flash on mine. So I'm working closely with the dealership trying to figure this out. I've been in contact with several major lift kit companies and of course they all state they have never seen it or heard of it. This one happens when going cornering aggressivly and the dealership I'm working with has took 3 separate trucks out all with different size lift kits and they can get it to do it with all 3, again driving aggressive into corners. We started a case with the manufactuer on a truck that has a Mopar 2" kit to see if any engineers have any info.
Well you are way further ahead in the game than me ha. I know their are a few other folks on here having the same issue. Please keep us posted on the dealership findings if any (y).

WildWildWest

Reaction score
Can someone please verify.. there is only one order code for the ORP springs? You order 2 of that code.. there is not a left and a right?

WildWildWest

Reaction score
Correct, no left and right they come as a set. @TH3JUICEMAN just posted a set of new front ORP springs under the buy/sell/trade thread.
Thanks for the quick response!! I’ve been reading up on everything for months and finally pulled the trigger.
Unfortunately I purchased the springs and then thought to ask! Lol Thank you for pointing out the for sale thread though!

RAMfan123

Reaction score
Well you are way further ahead in the game than me ha. I know their are a few other folks on here having the same issue. Please keep us posted on the dealership findings if any (y).
So I'm still heavily involved in working on this. Now this might be just a coincidence, but in speaking with a lift kit rep he wanted to know the truck configurations we was testing for the issue. In getting him that info, turns out all 3 of the trucks we are having the most issues with are Laramie models. We tested a Big Horn model with a 6" lift and couldn't get it to do it as bad, it took very aggressive corning with tires sliding to get it to do it..
I noticed yours and "Weindog" trucks are both Laramie's as well... Like I said maybe just a coincidence, probaly have several Laramie owners saying theirs is just fine.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I'm still heavily involved in working on this. Now this might be just a coincidence, but in speaking with a lift kit rep he wanted to know the truck configurations we was testing for the issue. In getting him that info, turns out all 3 of the trucks we are having the most issues with are Laramie models. We tested a Big Horn model with a 6" lift and couldn't get it to do it as bad, it took very aggressive corning with tires sliding to get it to do it..
I noticed yours and "Weindog" trucks are both Laramie's as well... Like I said maybe just a coincidence, probaly have several Laramie owners saying theirs is just fine.
Interesting! Are they all crew cabs you guys are testing at the dealership?

RAMfan123

Reaction score
Mine is a Quad Cab Laramie 4x4 with a 6'4" bed.
Yeah I seen that, My initial thought and I'm curious/wondering if the Laramie's computer systems are configured different and are detecting more of a roll causing the ERM to cause this issue.. Look this is very small sample size and I'm not sure how to even get a definitive answer. My only thought and next step is to try a Big Horn with a 3 1/2" kit and see what happens..

Clyde

Reaction score
Yeah I seen that, My initial thought and I'm curious/wondering if the Laramie's computer systems are configured different and are detecting more of a roll causing the ERM to cause this issue.. Look this is very small sample size and I'm not sure how to even get a definitive answer. My only thought and next step is to try a Big Horn with a 3 1/2" kit and see what happens..
My truck is a Big Horn, Crew Cab with 6’4” bed. No issues (hoping it stays that way).

Users who are viewing this thread