5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Shaken By Surprise UAW Stand-Up Strike At Ram Plant

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
UAW Vice President Chuck Browning, the chief negotiator with Ford, said workers will get a 25% general wage increase, plus cost of living raises that will put the pay increase over 30%, to above $40 per hour for top-scale assembly plant workers by the end of the contract.

Previously Ford, Stellantis and General Motors had all offered 23% pay increases. When the talks started Ford offered 9%.

Assembly workers will get 11% upon ratification, almost equal to all of the wage increases workers have seen since 2007, Browning said.

Does this mean the prices will go up on vehicles?

dork17

Reaction score
There'll be icicles in hell on the day I sympathize for companies that make billions in profits while getting bailouts with taxpayer money, raise MSRP's by 25% during a global pandemic due to supply chains because that's just "supply and demand baby" (and they don't come back down once supply has settled), while putting out a product with less right-to-repair accessibility because they want to keep raking you over the coals after the sale.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There'll be icicles in hell on the day I sympathize for companies that make billions in profits while getting bailouts with taxpayer money, raise MSRP's by 25% during a global pandemic due to supply chains because that's just "supply and demand baby" (and they don't come back down once supply has settled), while putting out a product with less right-to-repair accessibility because they want to keep raking you over the coals after the sale.
I don't think anyone is sympathizing with the auto manufacturers, just can't believe the outrageous demands the UAW was demanding.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is sympathizing with the auto manufacturers, just can't believe the outrageous demands the UAW was demanding.
UAW didn’t get the “outrageous demands” from Ford either and neither will Stellantis or GM. Like I mentioned earlier shoot for the moon and end up somewhere in the middle.

When you buy a vehicle do you offer them exactly what you want to pay the first time you negotiate? It’s all a game and both sides know exactly how to play so they don’t give up too much to the other side. Sounds like with Ford at least both sides are satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread