5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Static Noise throughout all Speakers/Radio

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Today, while driving I was trying to scroll fast though a list of folders on a USB media source and everything now that comes through the speaker system is static sounding and garbled. This is for everything, all sources, that play through them.

Now, I did have this issue years ago on the same setup, but forgot how it returned to normal.

I tried to hit the start button and turn it to ACC and then back off 5 times in the hopes it might reset or trigger something. Didn't work.
Tried to turn the radio off and on multiple times. Didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Here is my post from 2020. The last time this issue occurred: Distortion/Static through all speakers
Update: This morning I go out to start the truck(3'rd restart since issue) and everything is just fine.... I really would like to hear from FCA as to what kind of reset is occurring that fixes this issue.
Obviously its not isolated by doing a quick Internet search and has affected models going back to '12 from what I see.

Last edited:

Ram19Va

Reaction score
do a quick google for uconnect reset.
I tried the UConnect reset here:

Hello everyone,

After receiving some feedback, it was brought to our attention that Uconnect 4/4C users would like to have their soft reset/reboot instructions easily accessible. For all of your convenience, you may find the instructions below.

Soft Reset
1. Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN)
For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal
2. Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons (or tuner and volume knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.
3. Let go of the buttons
4. Turn the vehicle off
5. Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)
6. Close door
7. Restart vehicle
8. Let the media center load up and see if the concern is still present

If you're currently experiencing concerns and a soft reset of your system does not mitigate these concerns, please do not hesitate to send our team a private message with your VIN and a photo of your Uconnect system information so we can look into it for you.

Thanks,

Ram Cares

However, that did not work. Then I went into settings and selected to Reset. That didn't work either.
I know for a fact the speakers are not blown as this happened years ago, somehow fixed itself, and the fix lasted years.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check under the driver seat, there you will find the ANC module (active noise cancellation). It's silver and looks like a small amp. Make sure the the plug is fully seated. It's also possible the ANC is defective or needs an update. I installed a bypass cable over 2 years ago due to audio issues from the ANC

Ram19Va

Reaction score
A few years back I had an audio shop cut the ANC cables. Didn't want or need the ANC as it gave me problems with the subs. I will check it though...maybe a wire is hitting something.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Check under the driver seat, there you will find the ANC module (active noise cancellation). It's silver and looks like a small amp. Make sure the the plug is fully seated. It's also possible the ANC is defective or needs an update. I installed a bypass cable over 2 years ago due to audio issues from the ANC
I just went out and checked under both seats, but I did not see the ANC unit. I did see a black square unit, and I checked most connections that I could see, and all looked they were properly seated.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today, while driving I was trying to scroll fast though a list of folders on a USB media source and everything now that comes through the speaker system is static sounding and garbled. This is for everything, all sources, that play through them.

Now, I did have this issue years ago on the same setup, but forgot how it returned to normal.

I tried to hit the start button and turn it to ACC and then back off 5 times in the hopes it might reset or trigger something. Didn't work.
Tried to turn the radio off and on multiple times. Didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Here is my post from 2020. The last time this issue occurred: Distortion/Static through all speakers
Update: This morning I go out to start the truck(3'rd restart since issue) and everything is just fine.... I really would like to hear from FCA as to what kind of reset is occurring that fixes this issue.
Obviously its not isolated by doing a quick Internet search and has affected models going back to '12 from what I see.
Happened to me yesterday. After my own troubleshooting I turned the truck off and let it sit. A few hours later it was back to normal. My truck is a '19 with 25,000 miles on it. No clue what the problem is but happy it fixed itself and hoping it doesn't happen again. I dread having to take it to the dealer for an issue like this because I know they won't be able to properly diagnose the problem. Most likely an ANC or amp issue.

Users who are viewing this thread