5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting to paint most of the full front end

Samcpatterson

Reaction score
Fricken Beautiful Ride man. Nicely done. Got a long waaaaay to go on this. My original thought was to have bumpers wrapped, can't color matched I'm thinking? 20180819_104622.jpg

RebelMike

Reaction score
That looks awesome @Kaydee! It is very similar in appearance to my old '14 sport. I love the small touches of chrome on otherwise painted front end. Very sharp. They should offer them that way from the factory.

RedRamRedRam

Reaction score
Hey, my hat is off to you! Guys that aren't afraid to get their hands dirty are what makes this world go round! 9 days into ownership and I re-engineered my tonneau cover! Other guys are re-engineering sound systems and more.

Can't wait to see the finished product!
What did you do to your cover?

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just finished putting my truck back together after painting the whole front end...wow what a job that was!! But could do it way quicker now that I know how! This is the finished product including the side mirrors. Before and after pics View attachment 4425 View attachment 4426 View attachment 4427

dude this looks amazing? Very well done.
It's like the 4th gen night edition package crashed into a high trim chrome model.
Very neat

Bredtodo

Reaction score
It’s exactly how I want mine done. Soooo whatcha think about stripping, painting a set for me?

cjfioren

Reaction score
3m satin frozen vanilla is pretty close for ivory 3 coat if anyone is interested. Back bumper experiment.

Attachments

• 20181119_171443.jpg
    20181119_171443.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 194

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Just finished putting my truck back together after painting the whole front end...wow what a job that was!! But could do it way quicker now that I know how! This is the finished product including the side mirrors. Before and after pics View attachment 4425 View attachment 4426 View attachment 4427

This is bad a s s!!
I love white, I've had 3 all white mopars before this 5thgen I have bow
I was tempted to buy all white 5thgen again but I love the red now..
Man congrats on this truck! Looks great!

Jimmyb

Reaction score
After removing the front end of my 19 longhorn I have completely sanded all of the Chrome on the grill and Grill surrounds and bumper and I'm going to paint that ivory White to match the rest of the truck. The look will be more like the 18 sport because the only Chrome will be the cross slots in the inner Grill and everything else will be painted. I already have them swap my hood for a Sport Hood so I'm thinking it will look pretty good when all done. I'm also painting the mirror caps to match the body

Hey. Looks badass. I am in the process of doing my Longhorn right now. I was hoping to strip the chrome chemically. Did you try that?

I have all the pieces separated currently. What grit sandpaper were you using? Are you happy with the finish now?

Can I ask about the paint also? How did you match it? Mine's the same color.

Thanks!

MQQSE

Reaction score
To the original poster: Looks fantastic and I was wondering how that would look myself. I think the bars going across the middle that you left chrome would look better black to match the outside of the grille. Very nice job, excellent looking truck.

Kam.Bc

Reaction score
Just the paint about 300 dollars...but one month labour removing sanding epoxy primer and painting then reinstall....would have cost probably 4 thousand for someone else to do after
After unplug the master plug harnes from the bumper,,can we on the engine n ignition for driving?coz what i hear was cannot n need go back to dealer for programmed?

Users who are viewing this thread