5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting to paint most of the full front end

Kaydee

Reaction score
I had the same idea. I really liked the appearance of the higher end headlights and nicer leather on the Longhorn and Limited but do not like chrome. So I ordered a Laramie with the Sport package. I told the dealer if they had offered the Limited without all the chrome, I would have gotten that. They said that everytime they get a monochrome color (Tradesman, BigHorn, or Laramie) they sell very fast. My wife thought I was nuts and wouldn't let me pay more for the truck and then tear it apart and paint it. Good for you.
I agree about all the Chrome but I really wanted that upgraded interior and I have done some painting before on motorcycles and some other cars but you're right it seems a shame they don't offer on monochromatic paint for the upper end trucks. I think they would sell very well. I wouldn't have paid someone else to do it though it would have cost thousands

Kaydee

Reaction score
I agree about all the Chrome but I really wanted that upgraded interior and I have done some painting before on motorcycles and some other cars but you're right it seems a shame they don't offer on monochromatic paint for the upper end trucks. I think they would sell very well. I wouldn't have paid someone else to do it though it would have cost thousands

I modified my plans on my painting of the longhorn front end and did the grill surround just black and all of the other surrounds in pearl white and I think it's going to look really good. I am starting to put it all together tomorrow and I'll post some pictures. The painted mirror caps are already on and I finally got a great match on the Pearl color. Now putting it all together and trying to remember where all the parts go LOL 15361609809571559141301884666549.jpg

Kaydee

Reaction score
I modified my plans on my painting of the longhorn front end and did the grill surround just black and all of the other surrounds in pearl white and I think it's going to look really good. I am starting to put it all together tomorrow and I'll post some pictures. The painted mirror caps are already on and I finally got a great match on the Pearl color. Now putting it all together and trying to remember where all the parts go LOL View attachment 4259
Sorry don't mind the bare foot

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They do offer the limited with painted bumpers as a no cost option. It gets rid of most of the chrome but does leave the chrome grill though.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I modified my plans on my painting of the longhorn front end and did the grill surround just black and all of the other surrounds in pearl white and I think it's going to look really good. I am starting to put it all together tomorrow and I'll post some pictures. The painted mirror caps are already on and I finally got a great match on the Pearl color. Now putting it all together and trying to remember where all the parts go LOL View attachment 4259
That is looking sweet, they should hire you to design the front end paint/chrome schemes; nice balance.

19BlkRam

Reaction score
Kaydee How hard was it to remove the mirrors? I want to get mine off to get the chrome painted properly. any way to just remove the mirror portion without the base?

Jlast55

Reaction score
Nice, cant wait to see the final product, any more photos you can share. I am planning to plastidip part of the front-end on my white longhorn similar to this but will be painting black instead of the white sport bumper. Where can I buy the sport trim in white for the chrome piece just below the hood, (see photo below)? Thinking I will do the grill surround and RAM letters in black or white as well.

Attachments

• Grill.jpg
    Grill.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 207

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
That is beautiful!

I just bought my 2019 Dodge Ram Laramie in Maximum Steel Metallic. I would have liked to have gotten the sport appearance package but oh well. At first, I liked all of the chrome but now, I know for sure that I want the bumpers color matched to the body.

I already know that I will be ordering the Sport performance hood. Just need to decide if I want to have the bumpers painted for color match or just order color matched bumpers. I can't do the work myself because I only have one hand.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very cool! You've got me thinking now. I really like the painted mirrors too.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Very nicely done, I changed my mirrors over from chrome caps to Billet silver to match my Ram. I sticking with the chrome bumpers but am doing my appliqué in Billet silver as well as my soon to be Sport hood.

Jlast55

Reaction score

Kaydee

Reaction score
This looks incredible, I would like to do the same thing, what did it end up costing you?
Just the paint about 300 dollars...but one month labour removing sanding epoxy primer and painting then reinstall....would have cost probably 4 thousand for someone else to do it

Users who are viewing this thread