5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bravo336

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie, I have never had an issue with anything. today I went to Discount Tire to get new tires put on, and when I left there was a yellow light on the dash that says "Stop/Start unavailable service stop/start system".

is this just a random coincidence? or is there something that discount tire could have done while changing tires, that caused a malfunction in the start stop system? is there a way to reset this or what? the dealership I go to is booked until March 10th so I figured let me see if there are any options here.

Bravo336

Reaction score
Did someone press the button on the dash to turn it off?
no but I hit the button a few times to try to re set it. shut the truck off for about 3 hours, and it was there when I turned it back on also.

BobK

Reaction score
I stopped using those discount tire places for a reason like that. Mavis Discount Tires here in the North East. Went in for tires, they come out and tell me oil is dirty, air filter needs replacing, blah blah blah. I said, NO, Just The TIRES!
After I left had an engine light on, turned right around and back in they said its nothing they did, they just changed the tires. BS! You obviously went under the hood and touched stuff to tell me the oil was dirty, air filter, etc.! I honestly dont remember what the issue was since its been about 4 years but my mechanic fixed it. But I just don trust "discount" places because they need to make up for the "discount" some other way like telling you all the extra things you should do. I dont trust them not to screw something up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/