5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start/ stop button missing in my 2021 Rebel with Hemi, no etorque, no mention of start/stop in instrument cluster either

krd820

Reaction score
Here is mine window sticker. I dont see torque listed but I am by no means a gear head or an expert like others on here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210124-105550_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210124-105550_Drive.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 35

krd820

Reaction score
Here is mine window sticker. I dont see torque listed but I am by no means a gear head or an expert like others on here.
Devildodge, I am such an idiot. If I am understanding correctly. the start stop feature is what limits the amount of cylinders functioning when the truck comes to a stop. Is that correct?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He does not have eTorque. Him and the OP both will not have the start/stop button.

He thought the discussion was about the push to start button

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Devildodge, I am such an idiot. If I am understanding correctly. the start stop feature is what limits the amount of cylinders functioning when the truck comes to a stop. Is that correct?
You are not an idiot. You are actually not wrong...you just thought we meant a different button.

This happens. It is very hard to have discussion sometimes. Especially with the lag for responses.

The button you showed is the push to start button. And also push to stop.

The button the OP is talking about is an A with a half circle arrow. It is for the stop/start function that shuts the truck off automatically at a stop.

The cylinder deactivation from 8 to 4CYl is called MDS and is shown with an ECO light. All Hemis have it eTorque or not .

We all learn something new everyday...which is why we were curious if you did have a non eTorque with the stop/start

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Once again, I prove I have ALOT to learn. Thanks for the info
No problem. I will admit when I read the thread title I was intrigued if he did mean he was missing the push to start button cover. Why I came in lol.

Good times. Learning everyday

steveved

Reaction score
According to my owners manual, you only have the auto stop/start system if you have eTorque. The button I think the OP is referring to is this one:

1611512385564.png

If you don't have eTorque, you don't have this. The eTorque system is comes with all V6 now, but you can get the Hemi with or without eTorque. You can read all about it on page 322 in your owners manual.

RodneyRam

Reaction score
According to my owners manual, you only have the auto stop/start system if you have eTorque. The button I think the OP is referring to is this one:

View attachment 80562

If you don't have eTorque, you don't have this. The eTorque system is comes with all V6 now, but you can get the Hemi with or without eTorque. You can read all about it on page 322 in your owners manual.
Thanks for clearing this up guys, I was under the impression that all Ram 1500s got the auto stop/start system

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so if you got a Hemi (5.7L V8) for the 1500, 2019-2021, you can have it with or without eTorque. We’re talking about the ECO START STOP Button. This is the button next to the transfer case, if equipped, with the ‘A Recycle’ symbol. If you do have eTorque, you have the button, if you do not have eTorque, you do not have the button. Every single 2019-2021 Ram 1500 (5th Gen DT) will have PUSH BUTTON START. This is completely separate. This button replaces the old key start ignition, and every ram has it. Hopefully this clears some stuff up. The 3.6L V6 has the ECO START STOP button because it has eTorque. The 3.0L EcoDiesel does not have it, at least for the Ram’s.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok so if you got a Hemi (5.7L V8) for the 1500, 2019-2021, you can have it with or without eTorque. We’re talking about the ECO START STOP Button. This is the button next to the transfer case, if equipped, with the ‘A Recycle’ symbol. If you do have eTorque, you have the button, if you do not have eTorque, you do not have the button. Every single 2019-2021 Ram 1500 (5th Gen DT) will have PUSH BUTTON START. This is completely separate. This button replaces the old key start ignition, and every ram has it. Hopefully this clears some stuff up. The 3.6L V6 has the ECO START STOP button because it has eTorque. The 3.0L EcoDiesel does not have it, at least for the Ram’s.
Just the fact that you have to explain this is VERY SCARY!!!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just the fact that you have to explain this is VERY SCARY!!!
It was already explained and very easy to see how the OP title can definitely be construed to be confusing.

The guy who said his rebel has a stop start button was not wrong. He doesnt have eTorque and very well may have never even heard of it. Heck...some sales people do not even know this.

Look at the 4x4 engagement threads. Guys trying to lemon law their trucks because they wont go into 4 low.

They just need to be explained that you have to be in neutral to make that shift.

Not everyone knows everything. And this is definitely the forum to show that.

There are plenty of members who have never owned a truck. And even more who never owned a RAM.

HECK...alot of the info I had memorized about the 2019 RAM 1500 DT 5TH GEN is now completely wrong when discussing a 2021.

Atleast we have finally slowed down on how many people need to know what the tailgate take off plate is for...or the constant discussion about 4th Gen and 5th Gen.

But every once in awhile we have to explain it again,

I really love the threads were people use abbreviations or text terms.

Like ORG and ORP. They both really mean the same....but someone always gets butthurt if someone uses them wrong.

Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread