5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You either lock in your rebates, at time of order, or you get what they have at delivery. You can't change that. When I ordered mine, they weren't even in production yet, so I had to get what incentives were at delivery. When I ordered a 23, I had the choice.
My dealer locked in the incentives and rebates at order and then co.pared those avail at delivery and gave me the best deal. I was under the impression MD did the same.

daveomatic

Reaction score
My dealer locked in the incentives and rebates at order and then co.pared those avail at delivery and gave me the best deal. I was under the impression MD did the same.

That’s my understanding as well based on my current MD order. The MSRP is also locked from order regardless of whether you use incentives from order date or delivery date.

USMC8388

Reaction score
Hey, what do you guys think of getting my vehicle, the same trim, package, etc., shipped from a dealership to MY dealership instead of waiting for my factory order to be done? It's the same price MSRP as my factory ordered; it's the same year the truck is brand new. I'm just wondering if anyone here has had a vehicle at another dealership in another state and had it shipped to their dealer nearby. If so, how much did it cost extra? I am only seeking info on this because I am considering doing that so I can still qualify for incentives and get rid of my current vehicle before my lease is up. I have already extended my lease numerous times and will not be able to do so further. I was banking on my factory order to be here already and am currently running low on time.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, what do you guys think of getting my vehicle, the same trim, package, etc., shipped from a dealership to MY dealership instead of waiting for my factory order to be done? It's the same price MSRP as my factory ordered; it's the same year the truck is brand new. I'm just wondering if anyone here has had a vehicle at another dealership in another state and had it shipped to their dealer nearby. If so, how much did it cost extra? I am only seeking info on this because I am considering doing that so I can still qualify for incentives and get rid of my current vehicle before my lease is up. I have already extended my lease numerous times and will not be able to do so further. I was banking on my factory order to be here already and am currently running low on time.
Two and a half years ago, my wife wanted a specific configuration for a new Lincoln Navigator. The local dealer didn’t have one, but we found one online in Alabama (we live in Tennessee). Thought about driving there to buy it, but wanted a local dealer relationship. So our dealer agreed to make a trade with them. The dealer drove the other vehicle there and returned with the one my wife wanted. No extra charge. Granted, it was an MSRP purchase (during Covid). But it worked out well for all parties.

Ramerk

Reaction score
Quick update
My original order is still stuck in inspection

I ordered a second identical truck 12/2 which was scheduled 12/3

Will be interesting to see how things progress on both fronts

I will lose one of my 1k deposits but the rebate now takes that edge off as there was no rebate when I ordered and it’s worth the peace of mind that my initial order isn’t lost or so messed up they can’t get it through inspection.
And there is no garuntee of what the rebate would be when that first order does finally get delivered.

gwilburn

Reaction score
No I placed my order at the End of July early August.
I had a similar experience...
Ordered a 2023 beginning of June. Dealer said he couldn't get me the Limited in 6'4" bed in MY23. When I got no communication by mid July, I asked if my truck would be a 23 or a 24. Salesman said 2024. To which I said, I want the 6'4" bed then. So they ordered a second, identical truck with a 6'4" bed.
First truck was built mid August and sat in Toledo waiting transport for 6 weeks. This truck arrived end of September.
Second truck was built October 13 (yes, Friday the 13th) - it arrived at the dealer the following Wednesday evening.

Yes, the base price was locked in from the time I ordered. HOWEVER, the price of the options (and the options themselves) were not. It was $2k more because you could not longer order trailer tow mirrors w/out the trailer tow package (which included the stupid backup knob and TPMS for your trailer).

Oh... and for most of 2023, the Limited's came with Power Running boards standard. Some time during 2023 they moved those into the Limited Level 1 equipment group (which I would have bought, had I known).

First purchase in 10 years and Ram made it a totally miserable experience. Nothing like I experienced in 2014.

And here's my luck... Believe it or not, the Limited does not come with a spray in liner. So i had that done locally by a Line-X dealer. They got overspray on my cab and bed sides. Took it to a detailer because they Line-x guys wanted to use alcohol and a scraper on my 2-week-old paint.
At the detailer, I had him ceramic coat the truck - paid extra to have wheels done too. Looks fantastic, but he scratched my wheels!
Been waiting for Ram running boards for over a month - dealer reordered, and i picked them up this week. Was installing and noticed BOTH boards were dented.

I can't win...

USMC8388

Reaction score
I had a similar experience...
Ordered a 2023 beginning of June. Dealer said he couldn't get me the Limited in 6'4" bed in MY23. When I got no communication by mid July, I asked if my truck would be a 23 or a 24. Salesman said 2024. To which I said, I want the 6'4" bed then. So they ordered a second, identical truck with a 6'4" bed.
First truck was built mid August and sat in Toledo waiting transport for 6 weeks. This truck arrived end of September.
Second truck was built October 13 (yes, Friday the 13th) - it arrived at the dealer the following Wednesday evening.

Yes, the base price was locked in from the time I ordered. HOWEVER, the price of the options (and the options themselves) were not. It was $2k more because you could not longer order trailer tow mirrors w/out the trailer tow package (which included the stupid backup knob and TPMS for your trailer).

Oh... and for most of 2023, the Limited's came with Power Running boards standard. Some time during 2023 they moved those into the Limited Level 1 equipment group (which I would have bought, had I known).

First purchase in 10 years and Ram made it a totally miserable experience. Nothing like I experienced in 2014.

And here's my luck... Believe it or not, the Limited does not come with a spray in liner. So i had that done locally by a Line-X dealer. They got overspray on my cab and bed sides. Took it to a detailer because they Line-x guys wanted to use alcohol and a scraper on my 2-week-old paint.
At the detailer, I had him ceramic coat the truck - paid extra to have wheels done too. Looks fantastic, but he scratched my wheels!
Been waiting for Ram running boards for over a month - dealer reordered, and i picked them up this week. Was installing and noticed BOTH boards were dented.

I can't win...
That’s definitely roughy! I got an update from the dealer my truck was plucked for quality and control they said. That’s why it’s taking so long to move past inspection. They better inspect the HECK out of it to where I have no recalls!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s definitely roughy! I got an update from the dealer my truck was plucked for quality and control they said. That’s why it’s taking so long to move past inspection. They better inspect the HECK out of it to where I have no recalls!
I think the dealer is glossing over what really happened. They don't pull trucks out and "do an extra good check". The pull trucks out because they fail inspection - and can sit for weeks or months waiting for their turn to get fixed. At any given time, there can be hundreds to thousands of trucks waiting on rework.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, what do you guys think of getting my vehicle, the same trim, package, etc., shipped from a dealership to MY dealership instead of waiting for my factory order to be done? It's the same price MSRP as my factory ordered; it's the same year the truck is brand new. I'm just wondering if anyone here has had a vehicle at another dealership in another state and had it shipped to their dealer nearby. If so, how much did it cost extra? I am only seeking info on this because I am considering doing that so I can still qualify for incentives and get rid of my current vehicle before my lease is up. I have already extended my lease numerous times and will not be able to do so further. I was banking on my factory order to be here already and am currently running low

I've done that before
Hey, what do you guys think of getting my vehicle, the same trim, package, etc., shipped from a dealership to MY dealership instead of waiting for my factory order to be done? It's the same price MSRP as my factory ordered; it's the same year the truck is brand new. I'm just wondering if anyone here has had a vehicle at another dealership in another state and had it shipped to their dealer nearby. If so, how much did it cost extra? I am only seeking info on this because I am considering doing that so I can still qualify for incentives and get rid of my current vehicle before my lease is up. I have already extended my lease numerous times and will not be able to do so further. I was banking on my factory order to be here already and am currently running low on

I've done 2 dealer trades, one local and one they drove about 6hrs round trip for the trade - neither added any cost to the deal we made. Not sure if the fact it is or of state matters but otherwise it is a good option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread