5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You either lock in your rebates, at time of order, or you get what they have at delivery. You can't change that. When I ordered mine, they weren't even in production yet, so I had to get what incentives were at delivery. When I ordered a 23, I had the choice.

USMC8388

Reaction score
You either lock in your rebates, at time of order, or you get what they have at delivery. You can't change that. When I ordered mine, they weren't even in production yet, so I had to get what incentives were at delivery. When I ordered a 23, I had the choice.

My dealer won't lock it in at the time of order. At least they say they can't. I have to wait for delivery. The more money I can't get knocked off, the less I gotta pay loan-wise.

daveomatic

Reaction score
Amazing!! Has to be so exciting to see that.

I’ll update any news I receive. Crazy, 40 days and still standing still. And mine was ordered and started before a couple here that are already done. Fingers crossed I’m next in line!

Any updates? I’m still waiting on shipping.

6of36

Reaction score
My dealer won't lock it in at the time of order. At least they say they can't. I have to wait for delivery. The more money I can't get knocked off, the less I gotta pay loan-wise.
You are buying from a bad dealer.

mplaramie

Reaction score
You are buying from a bad dealer.
Agreed on the bad dealer. Get with @AnthonyRI at Mark Dodge. Any deal they lock in, they honor. If better incentives are in play at delivery, I think they may be able to give you the better discount.

6of36

Reaction score
Agreed on the bad dealer. Get with @AnthonyRI at Mark Dodge. Any deal they lock in, they honor. If better incentives are in play at delivery, I think they may be able to give you the better discount.
You still have to choose at time of order. But yes, if you choose time of order rebates, that final price is exactly locked in, but if you choose time of delivery, the sale price is locked, but rebates will be what is available at delivery.

USMC8388

Reaction score
You still have to choose at time of order. But yes, if you choose time of order rebates, that final price is exactly locked in, but if you choose time of delivery, the sale price is locked, but rebates will be what is available at delivery.
So I got sale price locked in but not guaranteed rebates or incentives. I’m pretty sure after I place my order they raised the price of the ram 1500. I originally tried ordering a 2023 but my dealer told me I missed the deadline for 2023 orders by one day lol.

Update on my truck, it’s still waiting to pass inspection last I checked for it to get released to shipping.

6of36

Reaction score
So I got sale price locked in but not guaranteed rebates or incentives. I’m pretty sure after I place my order they raised the price of the ram 1500. I originally tried ordering a 2023 but my dealer told me I missed the deadline for 2023 orders by one day lol.

Update on my truck, it’s still waiting to pass inspection last I checked for it to get released to shipping.
You have been waiting since June? My June order was delivered to Louisiana in the first week of October.

6of36

Reaction score
I looked and saw your date. You missed a 23 by almost 2 months, not 1 day. And there were no incentives at that time.

mplaramie

Reaction score
Mine was ordered 11/22 and has a vin# already. Is that fast?

6of36

Reaction score
Don't go by my dates for that. I ordered way before production started. I think my 23, it was a couple weeks after order was confirmed, when I got VIN.

I found info for my 23. Ordered Dec28, scheduled Jan 19th, started production Feb 06th. My VIN was just a couple days after order was confirmed.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, VINs are usually assigned within a day or two of placing the order. As soon as the order is officially accepted into the system, it gets a VIN.

mplaramie

Reaction score
That stinks!!!! It's alright though. Going to miss having my Ram but at least I'll have it at the end of winter. 🤞

6of36

Reaction score
No I placed my order at the End of July early August.
You said you missed ordering a 23 by 1 day. Ordering a 23 stopped in mid June. I ordered June 20th, and 24 ordering started before that. Your dealer isn't very sharp, if he thought the change was in July.

USMC8388

Reaction score
You said you missed ordering a 23 by 1 day. Ordering a 23 stopped in mid June. I ordered June 20th, and 24 ordering started before that. Your dealer isn't very sharp, if he thought the change was in July.
Yes my dealership told me the cut off date to put in the order for a 2023 was missed by one day. I ordered my truck at the end of July.

Users who are viewing this thread