5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The good news is, the strike may end soon. Ford reached a tentative agreement. The others SHOULD follow.

Ramerk

Reaction score
Strikes over but still no movement out of inspection for me yet. Build started 10/10. Was in inspection prior to strike at Sterling Heights. Wonder if parts/finishes became an issue from the other strikes.
No window sticker yet either.

Good things come to those who wait….

daveomatic

Reaction score
Strikes over but still no movement out of inspection for me yet. Build started 10/10. Was in inspection prior to strike at Sterling Heights. Wonder if parts/finishes became an issue from the other strikes.
No window sticker yet either.

Good things come to those who wait….

Same here.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Unless they returned to work today, they aren't back to work. Only a tentative agreement.

Ramerk

Reaction score
Was it just ford who went back the work the next day with the tentative in place?

I thought they returned just with the tentative cause they are sure it would pass.

Ramerk

Reaction score
From 5 days ago.

After it announced the tentative deal with Ford, the UAW said it was sending Ford workers back to work at struck plants — even before the contract was ratified.

The unusual move was designed to increase pressure on GM and Stellantis to rapidly come to a deal, Fain told members.

The UAW is similarly sending Stellantis workers back to their production lines as the vote is held. “

Ramerk

Reaction score
just read that production for friday 11-3 morning 1st shift and fri 11-3 afternoon 2nd shift is cancelled
Any theories?

Maybe they need to catch up and clear a bottleneck. Hit the reset button type thing.

Hope it’s not a uaw thing

DJrjn

Reaction score
Mine was to be built on Fri, Oct 27 and they went on strike that Monday. On 11/6 I received an email saying it is now scheduled to be built with an expected delivery date of 12/7.

Ramerk

Reaction score
32 days since last update. Delivery was supposed to be 11/12.
I’m really curious what the holdup is. I get that the strike created some sort of bottleneck. But it’s reached some sort of ridiculous phase.

daveomatic

Reaction score
I’m really curious what the holdup is. I get that the strike created some sort of bottleneck. But it’s reached some sort of ridiculous phase.

I checked again this afternoon and still in the same boat. Inspection status since 10/15.

daveomatic

Reaction score

Good news! After a month in I status, mine finally moved to JB (body vendor) so hopefully whatever issue was causing the delay is addressed now and both our trucks will be shipped out soon.

Ramerk

Reaction score
Good news! After a month in I status, mine finally moved to JB (body vendor) so hopefully whatever issue was causing the delay is addressed now and both our trucks will be shipped out soon.
that is great news for you. How do you see if it’s in JB. That’s not listed on “waiting for jeep” Did you have to hear that from dealer?
Also….do u have a window sticker yet? I do not have anything different.

daveomatic

Reaction score
I talked to the dealership since they have ability to see the “real” status. JB is really just part of production so nothing looks any different for me in the tracker, no WS and it still shows “In Production”.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I talked to the dealership since they have ability to see the “real” status. JB is really just part of production so nothing looks any different for me in the tracker, no WS and it still shows “In Production”.
JB is the body vendor. It’s off the production floor, and getting the fancy stuff. Bedliner, decals, tonneau, running boards, Rambar, stuff like that.

daveomatic

Reaction score
JB is the body vendor. It’s off the production floor, and getting the fancy stuff. Bedliner, decals, tonneau, running boards, Rambar, stuff like that.

Correct, I just meant that from a tracker standpoint, it doesn’t differentiate between those statuses. It will stay “In Production” until the vehicle is in a built status (KZ?). Although, from what everyone says, the trackers don’t update accurately so the vehicle could show up on the lot and still show “in production” in the tracker. Better to just message the dealer to check.

Users who are viewing this thread