5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
MD dropped off my new beauty yesterday. Got it ceramic coated at MD before the driver brought it home. The GT sounds great and definitely has more of the sporty feel than my 2018 Sport Ram did. Now, time for a tonneau cover, more window tint, and electronic steps! Thanks to MD and especially Anthony for getting it all together!
Make sure if you plan on windshield tint, they protect the electronics.

daveomatic

Reaction score
MD dropped off my new beauty yesterday. Got it ceramic coated at MD before the driver brought it home. The GT sounds great and definitely has more of the sporty feel than my 2018 Sport Ram did. Now, time for a tonneau cover, more window tint, and electronic steps! Thanks to MD and especially Anthony for getting it all together!

Looks good! How much was it to get the ceramic coating from the dealer? Do you know if they do any paint correction prior to coating?

Asphalt_slayer

Reaction score
Make sure if you plan on windshield tint, they protect the electronics.
Yeah no doubt, when I tried to get the top strip on my wife’s Durango done the last tiny guy wouldn’t even do it. The new guy I’ve been using is pretty good and is better with working around all of those pesky electronics

daveomatic

Reaction score
Well, UAW initiated strike at SHAP this morning. My truck went into production on 10/12 and apparently there was an issue because it’s been in I status for over a week. No window sticker although apparently already built. Looks like my truck is going to sit for an extended period and I’m going to have to summon some extra patience.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Well, UAW initiated strike at SHAP this morning. My truck went into production on 10/12 and apparently there was an issue because it’s been in I status for over a week. No window sticker although apparently already built. Looks like my truck is going to sit for an extended period and I’m going to have to summon some extra patience.
At least they finished building it before they walked off.... check out my timeline below. Your truck may not be at SHAP anymore. The trackers are garbage.

daveomatic

Reaction score
At least they finished building it before they walked off....
Very true, happy it's not half built on the assembly line.

check out my timeline below. Your truck may not be at SHAP anymore. The trackers are garbage.
That would be awesome, but doesn't seem likely as the dealer is the one that told me it has been in "I" / inspection status since 10/15. From what I gather, if it's in that status for more than a day, they found something in inspection that needs to be remedied and that would mean waiting for parts, etc..

6of36

Reaction score
If you want it to really shine, put a coat of Mothers CMX ceramic on it. I had it done at MD too, but they only do the painted surfaces. You can use it on all surfaces, basically. You don't have any chrome, but it makes that sparkle, along with more shine, and more metallic shows on mine. It works on all the black parts too, even the matte. I even did my glass and sunroof. Makes the truck look even better than the dealer ceramic.

6of36

Reaction score
Very true, happy it's not half built on the assembly line.

That would be awesome, but doesn't seem likely as the dealer is the one that told me it has been in "I" / inspection status since 10/15. From what I gather, if it's in that status for more than a day, they found something in inspection that needs to be remedied and that would mean waiting for parts, etc..
Mine shipped before the window sticker showed. If something failed inspection, they would show it in repair. No guarantees, but have your dealer check again tomorrow. As a matter of fact, I have seen people on here, that the truck never showed shipped, and just showed up at the dealer, with no notice.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
If you want it to really shine, put a coat of Mothers CMX ceramic on it. I had it done at MD too, but they only do the painted surfaces. You can use it on all surfaces, basically. You don't have any chrome, but it makes that sparkle, along with more shine, and more metallic shows on mine. It works on all the black parts too, even the matte. I even did my glass and sunroof. Makes the truck look even better than the dealer ceramic.

Did you use the spray coating or the 3 in 1 polish and coat? I may do the same periodically just to keep the shine. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6of36

Reaction score
Did you use the spray coating or the 3 in 1 polish and coat? I may do the same periodically just to keep the shine. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just the spray. Did my Durango, I sold a year and a half ago, and still looked freshly waxed. I did do 3 coats though, 24 hrs. apart, like directions. Makes it last longer. I have health issues, so I haven't even finished the whole truck with one coat yet, but where it's done, it shines! First pic that loaded, is after, second before. Slight different angle, but clearly shines better.

Attachments

• Ram Hood with Mothers.jpg
    Ram Hood with Mothers.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Right Front Before Mothers.jpg
    Right Front Before Mothers.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 36

daveomatic

Reaction score
Mine shipped before the window sticker showed. If something failed inspection, they would show it in repair. No guarantees, but have your dealer check again tomorrow. As a matter of fact, I have seen people on here, that the truck never showed shipped, and just showed up at the dealer, with no notice.

Thanks for the insight, hope that’s the case.

Ramerk

Reaction score
I’m in same boat. Production date 10/10. Been sitting in inspection. No sticker.

At least they are not stuck on an assembly line mid form.

Ramerk

Reaction score
Hope the uAW is close to finish line with negotiations. Sentiment generally seems like they’ve gotten more concessions from the big 3 than anyone expected. So that sounds like a win for both sides in form of compromise. Workers I imagine want to get back to work cause strike pay doesn’t make the ends meet. Resolution soon would be good for companies workers consumers and the economy. Let’s get it done!!!

6of36

Reaction score
They started striking at a GM truck plant now. They have crippled all of the Big 3s most profitable plants. The companies have raised the pay offer, but don't want to bargain on the main issues. GM says they plan on losing 800 million, so they don't want to bargain. After all, that's just a couple exec's bonuses.

Derek916

Reaction score
Just the spray. Did my Durango, I sold a year and a half ago, and still looked freshly waxed. I did do 3 coats though, 24 hrs. apart, like directions. Makes it last longer. I have health issues, so I haven't even finished the whole truck with one coat yet, but where it's done, it shines! First pic that loaded, is after, second before. Slight different angle, but clearly shines better.
Do you have plans to PPF or just going to use ceramic coating? Most of the chippable areas are chromed which is what I liked by not getting the color matching bumpers..

6of36

Reaction score
Do you have plans to PPF or just going to use ceramic coating? Most of the chippable areas are chromed which is what I liked by not getting the color matching bumpers..
I didn't make the mistake of painted bumpers. People who did, need PPF. But the mothers makes the chrome shine better too!

Ramerk

Reaction score
Good point on ppf on the bumpers

I did get them painted the body color. I like the look and I think less likely to show any rust down the line. Though, when well maintained I’d imagine the chrome bumper can avoid rust. My 2015 f150 has painted bumper but chrome tow hooks. The front tow hooks are the only thing that looks a little rusty even though never used.

Ramerk

Reaction score
I’m no economist. But I wonder how much prices will rise after a deal is reached.

Companies will still want the same record profits so they will just blame workforce overhead as a reason to raise prices which people will pay because cars and trucks age and need to be replaced.

Let’s hope competition from other automakers can keep prices from rising even more than the already inflated levels

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m no economist. But I wonder how much prices will rise after a deal is reached.

Companies will still want the same record profits so they will just blame workforce overhead as a reason to raise prices which people will pay because cars and trucks age and need to be replaced.

Let’s hope competition from other automakers can keep prices from rising even more than the already inflated levels
I’m no economist either, but I live in a dog-eat-dog world of fierce business competition. You can raise prices all you want as long as (1) your competitors are doing the same, and (2) your customers will still pay for the product.
In this scenario, the big three will want/need to raise prices, and it helps them that it’s a”pack move”. But unfortunately for the big three, the other manufacturers are now in a good spot. They can either pick up volume by keeping prices the same, or make more margin on each sale by matching the increases. Either way, the big three misses sales. Or eats margin by holding prices.
It would be one thing if the big three collectively had superior products that commanded better prices. But most people aren’t tied to a brand - they’re looking for the right balance between price and features.

Users who are viewing this thread