5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

Ready Go

Reaction score
WOW..that's amazing that the Custom Shop runs that many trucks through per day!!
Rookey44, I feels like our trucks went in together, but may not finish at the same time (although we both have about the same "custom" items).
Still hoping for today..or tomorrow 🤗

Rookey44

Reaction score
WOW..that's amazing that the Custom Shop runs that many trucks through per day!!
Rookey44, I feels like our trucks went in together, but may not finish at the same time (although we both have about the same "custom" items).
Still hoping for today..or tomorrow 🤗
Agreed. What do they do at the custom shop beyond bed steps, bed liner, bed utility group and graphics? Does the G/T exhaust and Cold Air intake come from the factory? What about the multi-function tailgate and 33 gallon tank?
Thanks.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Agreed. What do they do at the custom shop beyond bed steps, bed liner, bed utility group and graphics? Does the G/T exhaust and Cold Air intake come from the factory? What about the multi-function tailgate and 33 gallon tank?
Thanks.
It would be very interesting to find that out..how much is done at MCS.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gas tank is a production-line item, as are the exhaust, intake, and MFT. The vehicles is physically driven to the body shop (and, hence, must have all operating items installed). The Mopar body shop is for accessories. Graphics, tonneaus, rock rails, fixed running boards, powered running boards, rambars, bedliner and cargo rails, folding rear bed steps. I'm probably forgetting a few accessories.

cmejatt

Reaction score
Nothing like getting blue balls 🏀. Truck has arrived but I cannot go to the dealer till next Saturday ughhh

Attachments

• IMG_4576.jpeg
    IMG_4576.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4577.jpeg
    IMG_4577.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 28

dannydyn

Reaction score
Looks like I'm on track to hit the strike... 🙄

I should have ordered the truck a week or two early instead of playing it safe to see if my current car sells first.... what a moron. 🤦‍♂️

Ready Go

Reaction score
lol I saw the truck on cars . com I messsged my sales guy right away like dude WTF haha

He’s like don’t worry this is just there to attract potential new customers lol 😂

Phewww

T - 8 days 😃
It slides a bit to the right when hard on the throttle, but your sales guy says you won't notice!😳😂

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like I'm on track to hit the strike... 🙄

I should have ordered the truck a week or two early instead of playing it safe to see if my current car sells first.... what a moron. 🤦‍♂️
As you can see in my signature, I ordered in June, and haven't started building yet. Two weeks wouldn't have done it.

Ready Go

Reaction score
I have to admit..9 days "In Production" is starting to concern me a bit..I thought by today I'd hear it was "Built" and maybe even "Shipped"🤔

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have to admit..9 days "In Production" is starting to concern me a bit..I thought by today I'd hear it was "Built" and maybe even "Shipped"🤔
Your truck got a build sheet a couple days ago (I found it on 9/7). After that, it’s body vendor (if req’d) and final inspection. It’s not at all unusual for that to take several days.
But either way, it’s already built.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Your truck got a build sheet a couple days ago (I found it on 9/7). After that, it’s body vendor (if req’d) and final inspection. It’s not at all unusual for that to take several days.
But either way, it’s already built.
True..my dealership text me that it was sent to the Body Vendor on Tues/Weds. Guess I didn't think it would be there very long. As you mentioned, it is Built essentially, so I'm very glad for that, and thanks for the pep talk👍

Rookey44

Reaction score
True..my dealership text me that it was sent to the Body Vendor on Tues/Weds. Guess I didn't think it would be there very long. As you mentioned, it is Built essentially, so I'm very glad for that, and thanks for the pep talk👍
Just talked to my dealership and said mine was still ar the body vendor as well.. theybsaid it should be out in the next day or two but then also stated it was suppose to ship 2 days ago, so who knows.. fingers crossed it makes it to the rail before the 15th.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just talked to my dealership and said mine was still ar the body vendor as well.. theybsaid it should be out in the next day or two but then also stated it was suppose to ship 2 days ago, so who knows.. fingers crossed it makes it to the rail before the 15th.
Were they referencing the “estimated ship date” for that? It’s a common misconception that it represents the date it’s supposed to ship to the dealer. In reality, it’s the date that it is supposed to “ship” off of the factory floor. It’s usually anywhere from 1 to 3 days before it’s actually released for shipping to the dealer.

Ready Go

Reaction score
I'm right there with you on that (and our trucks are together yet too!). Can't wait for mine to get trucked to Chicago..my 2023 took 6 weeks from "Shipped" to "Delivered", but mostly, I'd like it to leave Detroit before Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread