5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

BlackPearl24

Reaction score
Just curious, what happens if the strike occurs in mid September? Does all production stop? Does production only stop at certain locations?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Just curious, what happens if the strike occurs in mid September? Does all production stop? Does production only stop at certain locations?
depends on if every plant is struck.
based on what I am hearing and reading all plants will be struck and production will stop
management does not have enough people to run the assembly lines.
and based past experiences strikers legally block plants entrances so no one can drive in

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
based on what I am hearing and reading all plants will be struck and production will stop
and based past experiences strikers legally block plants entrances so no one can drive in
Legally block? I think you mean "illegally" block.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Yep, this is why I'm praying for an "In Production" start asap, otherwise I may not be getting a 2024 Laramie G/T after all. 😡

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
on the sidewalk not on their property

police hardly ever get involved, after all they are union too.
You weren't around when the Detroit News, down the street from Sterling Heights Assembly. There were at least 300 cops in riot gear dispatched to break it up. They had 4 or 5 cities involved.

6of36

Reaction score
Yep, this is why I'm praying for an "In Production" start asap, otherwise I may not be getting a 2024 Laramie G/T after all. 😡
If you don't have the estimated build date yet, you are probably not scheduled before the strike. I received my 9/11 build date a week ago. That's 3 days before the strike. Mine might sit half built for a couple months, if it doesn't get through body vendor by then.

cmejatt

Reaction score
Hope the second truck makes it to the dealership before all the shut downs and strikes

Attachments

• IMG_4350.jpeg
    IMG_4350.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 25

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't have the estimated build date yet, you are probably not scheduled before the strike. I received my 9/11 build date a week ago. That's 3 days before the strike. Mine might sit half built for a couple months, if it doesn't get through body vendor by then.
Here’s a story that might make you feel a little better about the situation.
I ordered a 1997 Chevy K1500 Z-71 in the summer of 1996. The workers went on strike while my truck was on the assembly line. It finally got completed when they came back.
Worst truck I ever had. Tons of issues with it (to the point I’ll never buy another Chevy again).

6of36

Reaction score
Here’s a story that might make you feel a little better about the situation.
I ordered a 1997 Chevy K1500 Z-71 in the summer of 1996. The workers went on strike while my truck was on the assembly line. It finally got completed when they came back.
Worst truck I ever had. Tons of issues with it (to the point I’ll never buy another Chevy again).
Yeah, that doesn't make it better. That was already in my head. Yes, you are a dream killer.🤣

Ready Go

Reaction score
My projected Built Date is 9/17, but I've been hoping for an early start to push that up...I know, what was I thinking?! 🤔 There really isn't a scenario where my truck doesn't get jammed up if a strike happens! Either it won't get started (best scenario) or it sits on the assembly line (worst scenario). 😢 My 2023 Laramie G/T took 7 days from In Production to Vehicle Built, so I'll be crossing that 9/14 date most likely.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm linking a CNN article, but that was the top result when I googled "Stellantis strike"

However, the vote does not mean there will be a strike at any of the three automakers. It just empowers union leadership to call a strike if they can’t reach a deal with management before a contract expiration. It is a common negotiating tactic in advance of a strike deadline. Even with a recent increase in strikes across the US, most labor negotiations conclude with an agreement and not a strike.

... Cautiously optimistic? 🤔

6of36

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread